WUSA hires Kevin Crow for Front Office

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Tsunami, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Well, he's been doing such a good job as GM and coach of SD... :rolleyes:

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Uhhhh someone please correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't Lynn Morgan the Atlanta Beat GM and NOT with the San Diego Spirit? Or was she originally in San Diego for a short period of time before becoming the Beat GM?

============================

From the North County Times:

Crow flying Spirit's coup
    BRIAN HIRO
    North County Times

4. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well attendance has increased this year even though they are playing lousy, so he must be doing something right in the front office. As far as being a coach of women's soccer, he absolutely stinks and should never do it again. But, I think his team management abilities are not that bad.

5. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    And oh yeah, I have to give him props because I used to watch him play for the SD Sockers when I was 12 or so.

6. ranjeboom

ranjeboom New Member

Jun 30, 2001
    I suspect that Aaron Heifitz (Public Relations for the Nats) and Jon Greene are the movers and the shapers behind the Spirit attendance numbers. While not being involved in the daily workings of the office myself, I would hesitate to give the credit to Crow.

Granted, Crow took over coaching mid-season on the assumption that he was capable of the task, and understandably, had poor results. Still and all, I question his coaching ability and his decision to do the job himself. Bad mgmt.

If the Spirit PR can be attributed to Green and Hiefitz (sp's), and there are questions about the usefullness of some of Crow's acquisitions and trades, as well as his decision to coach, I wonder just what exactly Crow brought to the Spirit office besides his pretty face.