Wtf?No Premier League broadcast in Japan?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Midorit, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    I was going to go to one of the sports bars in downtown Tokyo and enjoy the beginning of the Premier League 07-08 with a couple of pints but was told yesterday that since SkyPerfect TV lost broadcasting right and no one else picked it up we have no means to watch EPL matches...Is this true?I'm sooooo depressed now.If you know any way I can catch EPL matches,besides sopcast and that sort of stuff,please let me know.

I MUST CATCH TOMORROW'S MATCH AGAINST FULHAM!

2. Yamato-redded

Yamato-redded Red Card

Jul 24, 2007
    Who cares...
    EPL is unpopular in Japan.

3. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Also no Bundesliga broadcast despite Takahara and Inamoto are there.

About EPL, there is a rumor that J Sports may get right to broadcast. But anyway you can't watch 1-st week of EPL in Japan by TV broadcast.

4. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    What's J Sports?Will they be convering loads of matches if it goes through?Do they have good quality commentary?Do sports bars carry it?

I hope this is just a bad joke that will pass quickly.A whole country,developed one,being unable to watch one of the two best leagues in the world?You got to be kidding me:mad:Our country is a laughing stock of the football world!

I agree it's weird that they aren't showing Bundesliga considering that apparently SPL matches are shown because of Nakamura...

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, I would assume that teh rights to broadcast the SPL are ***SLIGHTLY*** cheaper than those for BL and EPL.... :cool:

6. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Just watch it online for now.

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    OFF TOPIC

- Does anybody know where to find a printable EPL schedule for the 2007-08 season?

8. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    Is there any means to watch the matches streamed live without using those p2p softwares(I know I'm stepping into a gray zone so,mods,feel free to edit this post if you want to)?My computer is so antiquated it rarely shows streaming video smoothly and if I am to watch matches at internet cafes,I don't think I will want to spend time downloading/installing the software...6 hours to the kick-off!:eek:

9. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo