WTF is up with the Copa SUD!!!!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Argentine Futbol, Jun 1, 2005.

1. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    in hate both, mejicanos are the ones providing the money

there is one mayor advantage with being in a weaker confederation and one mayor disadvantage. the advantage is that it is much easier to qualify to international tournaments like the world cup, the disadvantage is the lack of regional competition. the funny thing is that mejico is the only country in the world that think they have the right to enjoy the advantage of being in a weak confederation and at the same time enjoy the other advantage of being in a stronger one. with mejico in copa america every year and club teams in copa libertadores and copa sudamericana mejico has become like a south american team that simply plays an much easier world cup qualification

the way you look at your own confederation is simply disgusting and shows your lack of football culture. you look at concacaf as being nothing more than conmebol's second division, by being the best in concacaf and having the best league there you think that you have somehow "earned the right" to play in libertadores. you are looking at yourselves as a second division side that has just won their division and now think they deserve to play in la primera. is there any other team in the world that thinks the same? did boca juniors fans start to demand a place in champions league when they had won copa libertadores and international club final twice in 3 years? are japanese fans demanding a place in the eurocup since they have won the asian cup 2 years in a row?

funny think is that you still haven't bribed the way into our qualifiers but i guess you are more than satisfied with the current situation... :rolleyes:

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I think you are the one that failed geography my man...
    America is just one continent, it is divided in north, central south and caribbean for socio-political reasons, go to
    this website and look for it

The continents are

1-AMERICA
    2-Europe
    3-Asia
    4-Africa
    5-Oceania
    6-Antartida

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I'll love to ask you the same...., dude, mexico or mejico, however you want to spell it, is not that dangerous, dont be afraid of them, if they win they wont destroy your southamerican pride, and you know that a Mexican club or even the NT is gonna win one of your CONMEBOL tournaments in a few years (if chivas doesn't do it this year), and the more you talk, the more it will hurt you.

BTW I am NOT mejican and i hate them as much or more than you do.

4. danmarce

danmarce Member

May 8, 2004
    Quito, Ecuador
    No exactly, but close. If you see it in that way, Europe and Asia are only one continent (Eurasia), socio-political reasons are valid in many ways.

Once again, the main reason for the protest is because we don't like others in the CONMEBOL tournaments. Why? well, only because we are from here and you are from there, no science or politics, only our pride.

If you don't have problem with this, why no CONMEBOL teams participate in the CONCACAF tournaments? Simple, CONCACAF tournaments are less important than CONMEBOL tournaments.

And CONMEBOL tournaments don't need CONCACAF team to improve, the only reasons are Mr. Dolar and the TV, nothing else.

Yes, your teams have the right to improve, but we have to think first in our own people. And ok, in your case, your team is the champion (and a nice team), and that is a good reason to "invite" it, but for other teams, well the don't have the right...

5. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    Fair enough I guess, as long as you realize that your compadres are half the problem...

Fixed that one...

Also you don't have to look at it that way, Mexico is a guest team that happens to get invited by your federation to your tournaments... Really now, most Mexicans don't care that Brazil or Colombia play in the Gold Cup... ofcourse i'm sure I have heard some complaining from the CONCACAF Crap countries, but then again they would complain since the Brazil's and Colombias are taking their spots and adding to the competition... Likewise I can see how some south americans are mad that Mexican teams come in and beat them, just think about it if Mexico wasn't competing some other crappy south american team might have goten a chance at the finals like the Mexican teams have...

You mean like the way you look at surinam and Guyana??

Mexico has over 20 crap teams to help out, conmebol only has 3 and they can't even get that done right...

Uhh... wrong,

We have earned our spot by contributing to your competitions and by performning well in them... Your Federation seems to want to expand the field and let other teams in, and well Mexican teams have proven themselves to be more than worthy opponents to the majority of your teams.

a couple of problems with your analogy...

1) Leagues take the best teams and put them in first division, your analogy determines a first and second division based on location not by quality... I mean really what league has the third or (i'll give you some lean way) fifth best team in their country in the second division?? NONE

well there was some movement in the Mexican Board about how CONCACAF doesn't give us the competition that we need to improve...but it's not like we wouldn't make the WC if we were to play in CONMEBOL... or do we need to look at Mexicos records vs South American Competition... AGAIN

6. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca

FYI CONMEBOL teams compete in Gold Cup

7. alekjandro

alekjandro New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Guadalajara

You are wrong and i still dont see your point AMERICA IS AMERICA...and thats what CONMEBOL has been making..they are trying to give the continnent an uniform compettition..

No entiendo por que su punto de vista es tan egoista, Mexico no compra nada y la conmebol hace muy bien en sus intentos de darle una competicion uniforme al continente.

Si no quieren que Mexico este en la Copa America pues ponganle de nombre "copa sudamericana".
    Lo que hace la CONMEBOL es fomentar la cultura universal del futbol y uniformar al continente dandole un torneo de gran nivel.
    POr personas como ustedes America nunca va a conocer el nivel de futbol de la UEFA. :mad:

8. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    did ya'll know that for the 1934 world cup Colombia tried to qualify through the north and central american confederation and did not achieve qualification? lol just thought it was ironic after all thats been said on this and many other boards... funny part is that the only team that advanced to italy 34 from the region was cuba hahahaha

just a fun fact:p

9. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    oops, i meant to say France '38...its late ok?

10. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    teams had to qualify back then? , i thought it was by invitation.......... :confused:

11. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    that was only for uruguay 30

12. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    are you serious? crap, good thing I wasn't alive back then, Cuba went? damn.

13. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, There is a certain improvment that the Mexicans are trying to achieve but can the Argentines and Brazilians improve? Is there a certain peak?

14. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    10 different teams have been in the WC for CONCACAF , Canada, USA , El Salvador , Honduras , HAITI, CUBA , Mexico , Jamaica, and Costa Rica.

15. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    they have never been members of conmebol nor applied for membership of what i know

teams like psv eindhoven, ajax, valencia real betis, udinese, liverpool etc etc would add even more competition than your teams but that doesn't mean that they have earned a place in copa libertadores. just like brasil and argentina hasn't earned a place in the eurocup, or teams like sao paulo and river plate hasn't earned a place in the champions league. the above mentioned teams would all perform well in the listed tournaments and be worthy opponents but still you won't see them in those competitions cause they simply don't belong there. just like mejicanos don't belong in south america.

but that is the only way to describe how you view your own confederation. do you hear porto and benfica demanding a place in spanish la liga cause they are too good to play in portugal? or celtic and glasgow rangers moving to the epl since they are too good for the scottish league? no cause those teams have some f-king pride in their own tournaments and know where they belong. if all clubs and teams were thinking like mejico we would soon have confederations that were based on the respective teams strength and not their geographical location. concacaf would simply be the second division to conmebol if that was the case and that is how mejicanos look at it today

the last 2 games you played against us you lost them both do you think i'm afraid of you?

16. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Trolling and insults will be edited or deleted

17. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    es obvio que no sabes de lo que estas hablando

mejico no compra nada? pero tu crees que la participacion de clubes mejicanos en copa libertadores fue gestada por los sudamericanos? mejico compro un lugar en copa libertadores y la unica razon por cual siguen en el torneo es porque los mejicanos siguen comprando aun mas lugares. conmebol no tiene ningun interes en darle una competicion uniforme a los dos (si, son dos) continentes americanos. conmebol y concacaf son dos confederaciones diferentes. lo que ha pasado es que ustedes lamentablemente han sacado provecho de nuestros dirigentes corrumpidos y asi han logrado entrar en nuestros torneos

18. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    I'll take a look and see why they don't qualify out of your region...

You are talking about cross continental travel, many people here have already made a legit argument that North, Central and South America are really just one big contienent. CONCACAF and CONMEBOL have tried numerous times to create competitions in which both reagions can compete in, I don't see why you see it so far fetched now that Mexico competes in your tournaments.

I really havn't seen a Mexican team "demand" anything, I do know that there is a mutual agreement between Mexico and the CONMEBOL...

Also Mexican teams are playing in your continental tournament, not your leagues... I'm sorry but no Mexican team would move to a South American League.

Dude in all honesty... Can you look at what both teams are doing in international competition, and say Peru is better than Mexico??

I mean really I know the FIFA rankings are off, but they are not off by 50+ spots.

19. alekjandro

alekjandro New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Guadalajara
    America is ONE continent!

20. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    yet conmebol and concacaf are 2 different confederations

do you see african teams in asian competitions?

21. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    But we do see CONMEBOL teams in CONCACAF competitions and Vice e Versa.

I can respect fans wanting to keep it within their federation, but come on the hate towards Mexico, for that reason is totally unwarented.

22. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    lets learn to count GTfussball! thats only 9

23. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    europe and asia are more connected than south america and north america
    are asian teams playing in champions league?

the only reason you play in conmebol is cause you have bribed yourself into them. there is no intention from conmebol directivos to merge north america and south america. their only intention is to fill their own pockets and the mejicanos has taken advantage of the corruption in conmebol that's all

you pay to take part in conmebol tournaments because you have shamelessly bribed your way into them. your bribe money is the mutual agreement that you are so proud of.

nobody in conmebol really wants mejico or feel that we need you in our tournaments, the only thing is that our money hungry directivos love to put money in their own pockets and you are willing to pay for it. if the japanese were shameless enough to pay their way in they would also play in our tournaments

you haven't won one single copa america or copa libertadores since you started participating. i'm not afraid of your team cause you don't impress me. in my view paraguay, colombia and uruguay are all stronger than mejico

24. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

i dont hate mexico like i said before im against any non conmebol team participating in our tourneys

in reality the blame lies directly with conmebol dirigentes

mexico is simply doing the smart thing

i would have hoped that the copa sudamericana would have remained conmebol only

25. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    Not to be mean or anything but do you have actual links to backup your conspiracy?? I mean I know your pride probably prevents you from thinking anything else but how bout some real facts

In regards to your thinking of Paraguay (I can see an argument, though WC performance say the opposite), Colombia, and Peru as better than Mexico... I would just have to write it off is homerisim....