WTF is up with the Copa SUD!!!!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Argentine Futbol, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, Real powerhouses..

I give credit where credit is due. Chivas is a hell of an organization..

Financial those fat slobs up in the Conmebol will buy another house in Cancun..

2. ilovecolombia34 redded

May 31, 2005

of course hes gonna say that the president is a spineless son a bitch who would say his own mother is a whore if the mejicans paid him enought!!

3. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    All these countries mentioned above cannot afford to pay the money that mejicanos teams like tigres, pachuca and even chivas (which they buy only the best mejicanos) pay their South American players... simple as that. It's a money issue, and mejicano being the COpa LIbertadores is also a money issue.
    Anyways, which two teams were in the final of the mejicano league? Who is willing to come up with all the South American names in america and tecos and post them here? Just off the top of my head, tecos wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for the argie Luduena, period!

4. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    piojo lopez and ricardo rojas started in the 2nd leg of the final.

5. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    here's a little history for you son!
    Barcelona de Guayaquil were vice campion in 1994 and 1998! so piss off, that is better then any mexican team will ever do. and as others have said, you league would be nothing without it's foriegn players.

6. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tigres has:

Gustavo Campagnuolo, Claudio Husaín, Walter Gaitán, Irenio José Soares Filho, Sixto Peralta, Néstor Andrés Silvera ..

Nice batch tigres has there.

Mexican are very proud of the 100% mexican chivas... But tell me, how many argentine and brazilians clubs are made up of 100% nationals?

Anyways. I think i'll pass on watching the Copa Sud this year.

7. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    yeah, no one is arguing that mexico dosent have a lot of foreigners. but people dont take away the success from the big clubs and leagues in europe (england, spain, italy) for the same reason.

besides, chivas are 100% mexican, and are having success in the CL, so its not like they completely rely on foreigners.

to ecuafutbolfreak: twice sub champion, how many years have ecuador competed in the tournement? cruz azul was also sub champion. so really, they have a higher success rate.

im not trying to say mexico is light years better than everyone in south america. im arguing that they are on par with the best, brazil and argentina. there wouldnt be only 3 countries remaining if that werent the case.

just because a league has more money dosent mean its not quality, case in point, italy, spain, england.

and argentine futbol, im not sure how many clubs there are in argentina and brazil that are made up of 100% nationals, i dont follow those leagues too well. how many are there?

8. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    you are not on par with the best. since you started to participate in copa libertadores clubs from paraguay and colombia has won the tournament which none of your clubs have.

and you are comparing your league with argentina and brasil.... :rolleyes:

get the f-k out of our tournaments

9. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    moderator's note to all

Play nice, this isn't the World Rivalries Forum

10. ChivaCongelado

ChivaCongelado El Campeonísimo

Oct 25, 2004
    Brussels, Belgium
    Although I would agree that Mexican teams being seeded over CONMEBOL teams in the sudamericana (or whatever it becomes) may be unfair if indeed the case (first time I hear about this), this is definitely not the right place to complain about it. Send letters to your federations or straight to CONMEBOL. They won't change anything for a bunch of people complaining in an internet board. I for one don't mind the competition as long as the rules are the same for everybody.

I'm unpleasantly surprised to see that a fellow Latin American in Scandinavia hasn't at least left some of his bigotry behind.

We can discuss about the rest of the features of the Mexican league without getting anywhere, but I will only say regarding my own team (which is of course the one I know best) that yes, Chivas buys Mexican NT players but we also produce them. Salcido, Bravo and Medina (and unfortunately el Maza too) are the latest products of the youth system.

11. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But they are all europeans and are part of UEFA and they don't go screaming like wild indians, we are better than the rest. Could you imagine if Spain, Holland, Portugal etc.. proclaiming they are the best when they haven't won a single World Cup? How would the other European look at them?

They play against above average foreigners every week. They should be good. When was the last time, Chivas won a championship?

Paraguay and Colombia have won the Copa Lib within the last eight years. Clubs in S.A. get depleted every year. Countries can have off-years..Mexican clubs went rumbling out in the SECOND ROUND last year.

almost every single one of them. River Plate has a thing for Uruguayan player and Boca has a thing for Colombian players. With 20 Clubs I think you won't find more than 15 foreigners.

12. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    see this is where people start hating the mexican "superiority complex," this year has been a good year for mexican teams, and they have made it far, but now all of the sudden, just cause of this fact mexico is superior to CONMEBOL. You don't see argetine or brazilian clubs going around making such a big deal for having made it this far, sure they are proud of their teams like you guys, but they don't make so much racket.

If you want to talk about 100% percent national product, in '89 Atlético Nacional de Medellín won the cup with a 100% colombian team, an in '95 they were finalists as well, do you see us colombians going around, "oh we are so much better because our 100% colombian team won the cup?" (with the exception of ILC, thats a no). In 2003 we had 2 out of the 4 semifinalists in the cup, did we make a big deal about it?, maybe a little, we're allowed to gloat, but we didn't put anybody down, by claiming to be better than Perú, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile, and Venezuela just because their teams didn't make it to the finals. In '99 Deportivo Cali was a finalist as well as in '54 against Boca Jrs., in '96 América made it, as well as in '86,'87,'88. Now Caldas last year won the whole thing, a club with no money, and I mean no money, they were going bankrupt in '99, and the only thing that saved them was that they sold Congo to Real Madrid. Want to gloat about something? I think that is something to gloat about.......they took out 3 big guns, Sao Paulo, Santos, and Boca Jrs to claim the cup.

Brazilian and Argentine clubs have a much better record of finals/wins, and not even them go around saying "i'm better than you."

Stop justifying yourselfs, "oh we deserve to be there because we're in the top 8, only 3 countries are, the best of the Américas." like I said before, Colombia has been there 2 years in a row, '03 with DIM and América, and last year with Once, and we didn't say stuff like that. You see in a tournament like this is not the league who is playing, its the individual teams, you may have a couple of good teams in a league who make it far in Copa, but that dosen't mean the whole league will do the same thing. Its like mexico in CONCACAF, just because mexico is a good soccer team, it doesn't mean that the whole CONCACAF is good, does it?

to rest of S.Americans: trust me, this will pass, next year we might have Chilean teams make it far, or Ecudorean teams, its a cyclic thing.

13. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    ah, this is why im starting to hate south americans, you like to assume stuff that isnt true.

just because i say they have success, and deserve to play in the CL dosent mean they're better than all of south america

on par =! superior, idiots. why dont you understand that? are all south americans as stupid as the ones that post here?

uhh, yeah. stop generalizing.

well, first of all we're talking about club soccer, not national teams. spain hasnt won a world cup, and many people claim spain has the best league in europe.

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From now on, We just have to put up with this cr@p every single year. The sad thing is, not only the mexicans fan are shouting this, it the Press also. When it comes to Foxsport, I can't stand to listen to the Mexican commentators. My god are they awful and Biased. I was watching the River-LDU game and the argentine announcers were trying to push LDU to continue to fight and really analizing the game. I simply turn the channel whenever mexican futbol or a mexican program comes on. Thank god for Gol Tv and TYC..It the same thing over and over again. If a hear another fat Mexican announcer say " mexico es dificil en el Azteca" I'm throwing my 42 inch plasma out the window.

15. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Really, My grandfather has been a hard core FANATIC Barca fan for 70+.. I have never heard him say that Barcelona is the best or españoles claimimg that the Liga is the Best in europe.. What people are you talking about?

16. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yea, I guess we are all idiots, but what does that make you guys wanting to play in our tournament?

anyway read this here fellow, who wrote and why? what did he want to say:

If I go to mexico and say, "Yes, Tigres beat Once Caldas, but they aren't the best we have (which they aren't)." What I'm I saying there? I'm saying that Tigres beat a mid-table team and that Tigres couldn't beat our best team, see how it works.

You guys come here and say, "Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico are the best leagues in América, because we have Chivas and Tigres in the top 8." but yet you seem to forget that other countries have done that as well. What I'm saying is that you can't judge a whole league on one or two teams. Yes Trigres is good, Chivas and Pachuca, but bring Jaguares, Veracruz, Puebla (they were first division till a few days ago) and the whole thing changes, same thing with colombia, if we send Quindío, Tulua, Tolima, Pereira, more than likely, (well Tolima already was) they will be eliminated in the first round.

17. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    yeah! i have TYC sports too!!!!, i love it

18. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i would say jaguares would qualify to the second round.

19. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I heard Salvador Cabanas and Paulo Da Silva were called up too Tigres for this, hope they do well tonite but ofcourse i want Sao Paulo to win :D

20. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Well gee, if they don't criticize it in Europe then we MUST stop criticizing it here too then huh?

Europe whores their clubs in order to win at all costs. Good for them. That's one reason the Libertadores is more passionate. There might be less quality than in the Champion's League, but more pride as well.

I personally didn't mind Mexicans in the Libertadores too much, but them being in the Sudamericana is too much. And this little stunt of them going straight to the octavos is just bizarre.

21. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    ah, this is why im starting to hate mexicans, you are totally missing the point

i repeat once again: mexican clubs don't deserve to play in copa libertadores cause copa libertadores is a south american tournament and mexicans are not south americans and thus you don't deserve to be in there only south americans do.

it's like saying that argentina and brasil deserves to play in the eurocup instead of countries like denmark and russia

stick to concacrap

22. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    im guessing you failed geography class in school didn't you? Mexico is in the same continent my friend. You can possibly compare argentina playing the eurocup which is in a different continent.

23. chileann redded

chileann redded Red Card

May 8, 2005
    yeah, lond we are in the same continent, and what? we have 2 totally different confederations.

but according to your statement, so how come you don't play our w.c.q, i don't understand? :confused:

24. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Since the Mexicans pretty much left the Concacaf to play with us because of no competition. than Argentina and Brasil should leave to play with Spain in some tournament? Is it that much longer a flight to mexico city than it is to Spain?

25. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    OH.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.. They will never qualify with us.. I can guarantee you that! they are too chicken sh1t.. They can't beat Panama on an off day. Imagine what venezuela can do to them... Uruguay got hammered 3-0 by the vinotintos on a bad day..