WPSL playoffs (legit question)

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Bad Soccer, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Bad Soccer

Bad Soccer New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Is it possible that all four teams from last year's WPSL semifinals might miss the playoffs this year? I think that would be a pretty big upset.
    It looks like FC Indiana is already out and the Storm and the Mutiny will have a hard time getting in. Who was the other team - Steel City Sparks? They're listed as having played 0 games in the standings. What's up with that?

2. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have learned that the only place on the WPSL site they consistently keep updated with scores is the schedule page.

On the WPSL front page the Sparks are listed as not playing a game this season, but if you go within the 2006 schedule page you will see that they are 2-3-2 with two games that have no score recorded (weather?) and one more game scheduled for the 15th of July.

3. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I've seen the Storm play here in San Diego the first weekend in July the past three years and even though they clearly miss not having Chastain and Sissi, the Storm still is a very good club with several outstanding former WUSA players on their roster. The huge improvement that San Diego has made this season by adding former WUSA players Jen Nielsen and Ouying Zhang to their roster along with the signing of new Head Coach Sean Bowers is also a significant reason why the Storm will likely miss out on the WPSL playoffs this year.