WOW! Print love for Real

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by jorge805, Mar 31, 2005.

1. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dammmmnnn....nice. Very nice. I especially like the educational graphic to teach people about the game. That "Kings of the City" thing is also excellent. I'm impressed, and have been for awhile, with the level of coverage RSL gets.

2. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    Give the Tribune some dap.

3. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Ya, it's nice to see the SL Trib jazz up it's Real Salt Lake section. I'm still waiting to see it's subcategory link on the left move up higher.

4. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HOLY MOLY!

thats some opf the best coverage i have seen for MLS in a loval news source!

I guess there are adavatages to smaller markets with less competing pro sports!

5. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    holy hell, thats a lot of articles. way to go tribune. stand up to desnews and do some competative coverage.

6. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    I came into my office today only to the "MLS Preview" section of the Trib plastered all over my cubicle. I guess I've been talking a little much about the team. I think they meant it to be a joke, but I've left it up all day.

7. jorge805

jorge805 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Vegas
    Let's make sure to shoot 'em an e-mail or give 'em a call for this excellent coverage. This really sets the standard.

8. In Bob We Trust

In Bob We Trust New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    in a word, awesome.

i dont think Metro had that kinda coverage before the inaugural season, let alone since...the best write-up on the team i've ever read was this off-season, and it was out of Ecuador, where their local paper's coverage of Metro while we were down there was superb...best of luck to you guys, success in SLC is success for the league.

**and i think that's an excellent suggestion by Jorge, i doubt they would expect multiple emails thanking them for the coverage...won't hurt me to email them too, and see what they think of people from Jersey checking out their website everyday for MLS news..

9. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow i just learned something amazing from one of the articles. chris brown was born and raised in portland oregon, and he played and starred at the university of portland. thats awesome, thats where im going right now. im a sophomore at the university of portland.

10. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Just bought two copies of the trib for my collection.
    Wow! the 8 page insert is great!

11. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

great journalism there, it still has MLS with overtime rules :rolleyes:

12. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    It's amazing that someone can always find something wrong... 18-20 articles and nothing but positive mood and atmosphere and THAT is what you take issue with?

There are some people that even if you gave them a suitcase full of cash, they'd complain how heavy it is to carry... :rolleyes:

13. jorge805

jorge805 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Vegas
    That's ok, he's just jealous because DC United didn't get this much press during the entire season last year...nevermind the entire front page. However, it is a bit of an oversight....

14. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I'm excited for you guys in Salt Lake. Great coverage. I think Salt Lake and MLS will be great for each other. Makes me want to move there for graduate skool.

15. dysko

dysko New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who would have guessed... They unveil a John Stocton statue at the previous nights Jazz game and it ends up buried several pages deep in the sports section of the Trib... behind nothing but RSL coverage.

I bet Larry Miller is pissed that he is already being upstaged by his nemisis Dave Checketts. :D

16. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Especially when he takes jabs at ESPN - even if it is over basketball news... :D

18. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    He'd be happy if his team would score more points than RSL did in the home opener :D