Would you agree to fire JK if we lose the playoff?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Slowpokeking, Sep 18, 2015.

?

Do you agree to fire him if he lose it?

1. Yes

70 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think this, this is his chance to save the USMNT and himself. If we lose this game, I'm sure he will lose the support from the players and it would cause disaster if he stays. If he wins, then he would prove himself again to people.

2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd fire him either way to be honest

3. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This question means little, as for some reason completely unbeknownst to the US fan base, Gulati continues to support Klinsmann despite Klinsmann's increasing ineptitude as a coach.

4. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Does Klinsmann remind anyone else of an obnoxious college football coach in the SEC who as long as he wins he's bulletproof but lose a big one and he's gonna get eaten alive. The only thing protecting him right now is his "success", and I put success in quotes not because he doesn't have the most winning record for the usmnt, but because it seems so fragile, and misleading. Sure he's won some big ones but it always seems like...luck. I can't say from my eye that we look any better than we did with BB.

Compound that with his lack of tactical acumen and nonsensical choices, as well as his aloof personality and personal vendettas, and I wouldn't be sad to seem him go. Take it with a grain of salt, the LD thing still really annoys me.

Deep Wilcox and Master O repped this.
  5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    No way Jose.

Again playing in the Confed Cup would be sweet but its not a make or break deal

vexco repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It is one of those "it depends" type of answers.

If we get blown out I would say fire him.

If it is a close game or we get eliminated by spot kicks or something I say no.

21st Century Pele and Mr Martin repped this.
  7. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, to sum up the Homie spun wisdom, "If we get blown out like against Brazil, then it's time for a change. But if we just get the usual pile of [stuff that gets piled] that we had through the Gold Cup, then let's get more from that pile!"

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The Brazil game was not an official game.
    We always do poorly against those guys anyway.

If we lose a close match or get eliminated by spot kicks in Pasadena, California (of all places) I am not going to hold it against him. It is a coin flip kind of game in my mind going into it.

It is all about my personal expectations.

9. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which you have 120 mins to finish it off?

10. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He lasted less than two years with the German National Team, and less than a year with Bayern. Given that those entities are probably quicker to identify shitty coaching than USSF, you may excuse that he has lasted this long. But win, lose or draw; it's time fro JK to go.

Berks, FreeRanger, deuteronomy and 8 others repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Pardon?

12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I'd fire him whenever - if we have someone good to replace.

who will that be?

13. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I'm all out of idea. Derp."

[​IMG]

bigredfutbol repped this.
  14. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    Well for me, I'd fire him now if I could....so yeah, I think we should fire him if we lose to Mexico (at home), after embarrassing ourselves in the Gold Cup.

15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    If I was making the decisions, he'd have been given his walking papers once he released the WC roster and Donovan wasn't on it.

Deep Wilcox repped this.
  16. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    It's not as if there have been any compelling arguments for keeping him. I've been listening to those who continually argue for him, and mostly they're attempting to defuse and discredit the numerous arguments against him, trumping his "par" achievements as uniquely extraordinary and unsurpassable by any other manager that we could get, and some vague promise of "progress."

Deep Wilcox, Berks, GVPATS77 and 4 others repped this.
  17. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A substantial buyout means he is going nowhere unless he breaches contract or something like failing to qualify for WC. That is the reality.

18. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I volunteer to do the job for 1/30 of his yearly salary to more than offset the buyout. Let's get an e-petition going. :)

19. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd wait to see how we do in qualifying.

But if we don't get to the Olympics or confed cup I don't see how JK keeps his current 'mandate'.

The USMNT possibly could fail spectaulalry on all fronts in their own backyard.

20. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What Chicago House apparently needs is a Mrs. O'Leary and her vivacious cow.

21. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fire him and replace him with whom?

Anyone can just say "let's fire him".

22. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Take your pick. He's not difficult to replace.

OWN(yewu)ED, Berks, deuteronomy and 7 others repped this.
  23. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Replace" isn't descriptive here. Can replace him and do worse, the same or better.

Who's going to come in and lift this program who's available and would take the job with our current player pool problems?

neems repped this.
  24. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    About a third of the managers in MLS would offer a significant benefit, simply by bringing a competent set of eyes and a refresh on the current manager's ingrained preferences that are now proving detrimental. At this point we're suffering from mismanagement, and it seems as though his team is losing patience with him. When that point is reached, practically anybody is an upgrade, because the guy you have is a liability and needs to be removed. We've all seen that happen before, and that's what it smells like, even more strongly than it had with this same program in 2011.

We don't really need a manager to "lift" the program, as they program itself is already in the process of overhaul. I'm willing to listen to suggestions of maestros that might be a good fit. It's unlikely that anybody is going to be the transformative presence that Klinsmann was hoped to be. Improving our program is primarily a matter of the amount of soccer knowledge in this country, and that is rising largely as a result of the presence of a domestic top flight that has been financially stable enough to last 20 years and counting. It's doubtful that even a Mourinho with his staff would be able to add significantly to the amount of soccer knowledge in the country, it would be a nugget here or there that the program could take from his time at best. (And there might well be a nugget or two of soccer wisdom courtesy of Klinsmann that outlasts his time here as well, for that matter.)

Berks, russ, deuteronomy and 4 others repped this.
  25. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who are these available MLS coaches with a competent and proven set of eyes? Aren't these collectively the same coaches who didn't recognize a guy like Poku until Wynalda dropped him in the league's lap? Either way, that stance parlays off personal opinions on various MLS talent and what it can do, which few agree on.

MLS is littered with coaches who get terrible results and fail to maximize rosters. TFC is chalk full of them. Arena's team with all its talent just got stomped 3-0 by RSL and is sitting behind FCD, a team with half the resources in the standings. Vermes is hailed as a great coach but got slaughtered by an atrocious SJ side 5-0, then followed that up losing 3-2 to the Crew, 2-1 to Colo, 0-0 to Por and losing 3-1 to Orl all while his defense have been terrible of late and his attack having few solutions outside Benny pulling something off. Some like Kinnear who at SJ repeatedly plays guys out of position, gets regularly criticized for his non-use of a guy like TT and insists on playing a guy like Jahn. Others like Sigi, poor tactically and has choked in almost every big game he's ever coached.

Then we can get into MLS coaches regularly getting out-coached against international styles of play in CCL. If you can't beat better Liga MX sides then how are you going to beat better international sides?

I fail to see all these coaches who are better throughout MLS. Seems like the grass is greener argument.

Does that stand if we beat Mex? If we beat Mex then how's he a liability who has to be removed?

I don't see any alternative doing much given the state of our player pool.