Would of Costa Rica done better if Guimaraes was there from the start??

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by tico_sapri, Oct 10, 2005.

1. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    i think in my opinion wouldve been doin really excellent :)

2. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    why did he get fired in the first place?, for having some betting website or what?

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    He was fired cause he wanted more money, thtas the true reason, so the CR'n federation invented some other stories saying that his website www.aguima.com (not a betting site) was getting extra profit cause he was the coach of the NT, so Guima went to Mex to coach a minor mexican team, he laso stayed half of the Apertura with Cartago, back in 2003, but he had a horrible record, something like 1-2-9 if i'm not misteaking

4. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    ....Then we got Sampson and Pinto, and everybody saw what happened....i really dont wanna mention it, we were almost elimated with Cuba, then we qualified in the last matchday of the the group stage and then in the first games of the HEX, but after Guima came back, everything went better, CR defently changed it's game.

5. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.
    YES .

how do u think we whould of done with el gringo in the WC2002 . guima is the ONLY coatch for costa rica ..

6. OneArmSteve

OneArmSteve New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    They improved dramatically when he took over IMO. Could be a dangerous team and knock off a few big boys in the group stages of the WC if they keep playing like they have been the last few games.

7. tico_sapri

tico_sapri New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Toronto
    Cant wait to see who we get... :)

8. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    Guima is the man, i really like him as a DT, and i'd like him for chivas in the future someday. and what he did fro CR is what el vasco did for us last qualifiers, but i dont think CR could have done better, maybe a few more points but honestly, could anyone expect them to finish ahead of MEX or USA? i think maybe they could have sealed the spot earlier but as anything more than 3rd place is doubtful. the point is to qualify and that is what went down. the important thing is that Guima is with the team well in advance b4 the tournament and does not have to rush to evaluate players and prepare strategy

9. romero09

romero09 New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    .*-PEREZ ZELEDON -*.

We need more of the nice mexicans around here :D