Would Miami FC ever consider playing at FIU's new stadium?

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by iedmunds, May 31, 2007.

1. iedmunds

iedmunds New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4100&ATCLID=900308

Opens in 2008. Sounds like it would be the perfect size and could accomodate soccer...

excerpt:

The first phase of construction ($31 million) will bring the stadium's capacity to approximately 18,000 and will include:
    • 1,400 club seats
    • 6,500 square-foot Panther Club
    • An upper concourse and 19 suites
    • Seating will include chairback seats and bench seating, all with backrests for fan convenience.

FIU Breaks Ground On New Football Stadium
    Release: 05/25/2007

MIAMI – Florida International University broke ground on the school’s new on-site football stadium Friday morning in a ceremony at the Golden Panthers’ old home, FIU Stadium.

“It’s a great day to be a Golden Panther,” FIU Athletic Director Pete Garcia said. “This is an exciting day, and there will be only one day more exciting than this—when we kick off the some season playing the University of South Florida in September of 2008 in our brand new stadium.”

2. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Oct 13, 2001
    Miami
    I'm sure they would consider it... although it would probably be too expensive by the sound of it.

3. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What we need in South Florida is a domed stadium capable of handling, Baseball, Football , Soccer and Indoor event. I propose we demolish the OB and start over.

My recommendation would be a stadia that has the capability of transforming.
    3 more fields on the outside of the stadium with the ability to revolve them into the inside at a touch of a button as needed. The dome should also be able to open and close.

4. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Oct 13, 2001
    Miami
    While sitting in miserable rain for the last game, I wsa thinking the same thing, River :)