Would ManU-Real interest you?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Beez, Oct 5, 2002.

1. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    I thought that the thread was about would we go to the game, not the preferred opponent. Put me down for AS Roma.

2. "Red" Foley

"Red" Foley New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Selecao, I am well aware of Celtic's history and baggage. I don't have any tolerance for the idiots on either side who play up the sectarian crap. I was raised both Catholic and Orthodox, and I have no use for making religion any more than a very personal matter. I support them because I am Irish.

And I stand by everything I said about Scumchester United.

Cheers,

"Red"

3. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    The EPL went pay-per-view for one good reason.

Viewership.

They sell and they know it. They'll sell when Man U. comes. Heck, I'd go just to see Giggs play.

As for an opponent... I'd love to see the Brazilian National team in for this one.

I might sell my house to see that.

;)

4. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    Man U anyone would be worth it

Seeing one of the top teams in the world up close - count me in

Now the questions is just which United jersey to wear................

5. bocatuna

bocatuna New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    England
    I'm not sure if this post is hypocritical or ironic.

Anyhoo, if these games are part of the preseason schedule then it is more then likely that you will see the top players playing to win, becasue these teams are professional and players have to be fit and play for places.

I've been lucky to see most of the teams mentioned live ( free corporate box at Old Trafford) and it is worth going watching them if you get the opportunity. They are different class.

6. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now there's a shocker! Corporate George is a Merchandise United fan! Oh, but no need to complain that Man U are too business-oriented, when they are the first club to refer to the team on the field as "The Product," a term Krafty and the other MLS suits were more than happy to adopt.

Tom

7. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Please, don't give the suits any ideas.

8. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who wouldnt it interest? honestly, who needs to ask that?

probably everyone but kraft, but maybe he'll go to learn how to own a soccer team correctly.......

cheers, fiero

9. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    Actually blame it on some Brit soldiers who converted me in a sandy place a few years back

And what is wrong with being business oriented ? The last I checked sports wasn't a not for profit enterprise

10. John Lewis

John Lewis New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Boston
    I would stand in the rain to watch Man U and Real Madrid square off in doubles ping pong. I realize that both are corporate monoliths spending their every day driving small clubs out of business, but it's a funny old game, isn't it?