Worth of these boots??

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by MarshMellow10, Dec 4, 2018.

1. MarshMellow10

MarshMellow10 New Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Hey guys, was wondering what these two pairs are worth as I'm thinking of selling them.

1) Brand new Adidas Profi FG size 9.5 US in the gold colorway

2) Used Nike Mercurial Vapour IV FG size 9 in the red/black colorway

The picture of the Vapour is not mine (found it off of google).

Attached Files:

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Welcome to BS.

It's very hard to say what boots are going to be worth on the market these days. You might think that you have some gems but really at this moment in time they aren't going too great. I can ask someone about the Profi for you he owns a pair and works for Adidas. So i'll check in with him.

As for the Vapors beautiful boot but again no idea what they'd be going for. The problem with that model is the studs, If they haven't been used or worn for a long time the glue that the studs are stuck on with especially the back ones rots and the studs come away from the sole.

It's not that nobody on here wants to help you, it looks like we just don't know.

People will only pay what they think they are worth - not you.

appleCORR

3. MarshMellow10

MarshMellow10 New Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Thanks for the info appleCORR :) That's true, the market dictates the value. Please let me know what your friend says about the Profis when you can. As for the vapors, that's good to know.

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #4 appleCORR7, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    He’s just got back to me. He isn’t entirely sure but is guessing around £200 for the Profis. But he said that is a rough guess so whether you’d get that for them I don’t know.

Hope that helps a little.

appleCORR

5. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to give you an idea of the value...I sold a pair of used black Profi's on eBay back in 2016, for $130. Not the same colorway as yours of course, but Profi's are tough to find in any colorway new or used. I'm currently sitting on another pair of BNIB black ones now, that I can't bring myself to part with.

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They are beautiful boots - I think the gold would be a decent seller because you just don't see them around anymore. In fact we hardly see ANY leather boots around. I take it you are going to put them on eBAY? Maybe put a reserve on them and see what you can get.

appleCORR

7. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Ugh, that's tough to read. I gave away a pair of the blue/yellow Profi years ago to a friend who forgot to bring boots to a match so I told him to keep them since I wasn't planning on wearing them.