Worst strike force we've had in decades?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Marco Delvecchio, Apr 26, 2016.

1. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yup I agree. He had potential though but I think he was a) not as good as everyone thought b) lazy c) didn't seem to care and seemed like a complainer.
    I hope you're joking.
    I hope so. He does seem like a decent player. He kinda came out of nowhere so let's hope he's one of those pleasant surprises. I also really can't think of anyone we have who would be a better choice.
    100%

2. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i don't see the hate for Pelle... the guy scores goals

he's scored 30 goals in 2 seasons for Southhampton in the EPL and before that scored 55 goals in 2 seasons for Feyenoord.

I know what the response is going to be... the Eredivisie is a bush league blah blah blah... but in all reality.. how does it differ from Giovinco lighting up a shittier league.

to me what sets him apart from Giovinco is that he was able to score 30 in the EPL and has proven he can do it in a better league as well.

Pietro Calcio and Rosay repped this.
  3. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #28 Pietro Calcio, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    totally flubbed a volley chance unmarked in front of the slovakia goal in the dying minutes that could have tied the match and sent us through....when I saw the ball in the air was heading to Pepe I was not optimistic...sure enough he shanks it with all the time in the world

though the match should have been 2-2 way before that in the 84th minute if Quagliarella's goal wasn't wrongly called for offside by the....yeah....english linesman

Rosay repped this.
  4. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'd rather have Giaccherini than Pepe tbh

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Insigne and Pelle will be very crucial for us this season. Also Bernardeschi and SES should do as well. Eder is likely gonna be used as a sub.

Anyway I know this is horrible but you can pretty much say the same thing about France as well.

Platini, then Zidane/Henry/Trezeguet, and now Griezmann and Giroud. Griezmann and Giroud are good players on their days but inconsistent especially Giroud. No comparison to Zidane, Platini, Henry, or Trezeguet.

6. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    not impressed, he's the center forward, keep hitting balls at a tall guy and he's gonna get some goals, Toni was top scorer the other season ffs. Now pelle got all his goals at the start of the season, which means he goes months without scoring. He is not very good, just to wake a few people up, that is the guy fans of 4 time world champs are proposing as a good forward for Italy.

Now you can say but who can we play instead, well its simple, change the fcuking tactics, formation and strategy and get the best players on the pitch. Pelle is in because of his size not because he's lethal. This is gonna be one big shit show, I'd rather have Insigne-Belotti-Berrardi up front. I know, Too much imagination for a guy earning millions to come up with that.

7. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I can honestly see Insigne spending most of the euros as a spectator. But as I said in the other thread, if conte insists on 3-5-2 and Pelle then he must start insigne along side Pelle. That is our only hope of not falling asleep watching Italy games.

8. joe83

joe83 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hope you're wrong! This kid needs to start every game..

Rosay repped this.
  9. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Wouldn't bet on it Rosay.

10. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What a cluster f*ck to not bring Berardi.

forza_azzurri repped this.