World's Current Best Player

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Ronaldinho11, Apr 23, 2004.

1. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

There will never be another Madonna! Like a virgin, ooh... :D

2. Arsenal_fanUK

Arsenal_fanUK New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Russia
    zidane will show the fat argetine pie whos boss, zidane is higher than both them.
    zidane is on the highest tier, while pele is on 3rd if that. maradona is on 2nd tier.

what has pele won and maradonna won that zidane hasnt? face it you people dont know what your talking about. zidane is much better than both them players, hes won more, although it doesnt always matter about what you won in international terms I.E giggs. And zidane, he plays in a time were football is much better than like in the 50's 60's and 70's. maradonna on the other hands is better than pele. he played in much more reasont terms.

some one please tell me what makes pele and maradona better than zidane, and what makes them both on the highest tier. personaly im more pissed off about pele being on the highest tier coz he aint, maradonna is more worthy though, coz hes played with players that have just retired in are day, and them players will eat the floor clean of the players from peles time.

someone tell me what make pele on the highest tier? its all chinese whispers, your grandad and co just say oh he was amazing, when he realy couldnt hack it if hes was playing today with the finest talent around.
    football in his day was school/college football compared to today. im finishing it here, your lot get on my tits.you dont think about what your saying, just asume pele is the greatest coz he was much better than the piles of Sh1T that played in his time, things have improved every decade, players get fitter, they improve skill levels, and are just much better now days.

oh and by the way, henry is better than pele. henrys stats are better in every aspect compared to pele. pele has nothing on henry. pele has nothing on owen, nistelrooy, reyes, rooney, raul, ronaldo....... i could go on.
    and how can you crazy sh1t faces think pele is better than ronaldo??? how??? ronaldo is the best brazilian striker of all time.

you lot dont have a clue.

3. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    wow, u are so demanding. :)

4. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    how can u not mention about Henry? must be tough trying to refrain from boasting having such great player in your team.

c'mon let it out, Gooner!! :D

5. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    ooops, how can i miss out the last part of ur message? ahhh, it's always like that, ur looong message did culminate in praising Henry o great. :rolleyes:

6. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    Zidane is no longer the world's best player, if he was still the world's best he would not have retired from international football. Same could be said about Figo also. They were both great players, but are both on the decline.

My current top 5:
    1. Ronaldhino --> took over the #1 position
    2. Totti --> had the best 2003/04 season in Europe
    3. Henry --> runner up to Totti last year, #1 striker in my opinion
    4. Nedved --> has been Top 5 material for 2 years now
    5. Buffon --> world's #1 keeper, in his own league and deserves respect

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Zidane is over the hill. Henry is inconsistant at the highest level. Ronaldo is great but doesn't have a lot to his game.

Ronaldinho is the best player on the planet. Some of the stuff that he can do is just incredible. Anyone who didn't vote for him needs to get their head examined!

8. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    ZZ over Maradona, over Pele?.....Henry over Pele? Now think again for a second......FREAKIN HENRY OVER PELE?

Over time in BigSoccer forums I've come to realize that some posts are not even worth wasting keystrokes to bother replying to. And this is one of them.

9. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    World's best attacking midfielder or best striker or best defender or goalkeeper???
    Henry??? :eek:

10. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Henry! This guy does not beat defenders as much as he humiliate some of them. When you talk of players and star players he is just so clearly in another category. He is just brilliant to watch.

But a great amount of applause has to go to Barca's Ronaldinho.

11. X X I

X X I Red Card

Apr 9, 2004
    Ronaldinho.

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Ronaldinho is the best. There is no argument! He is the most skilful, most influential, most consistant and the youngest!

13. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    How could anyone in their right mind vote for Zidane? He's probably the most overrated player in the Earth's history. Granted, he scored two goals in 98's final game, but that's it. Surely, he can dribble and can do nice tricks, but I can name twenty players better than him.

And I'm missing Nedved in the poll. He's the best active player imo.

14. frotteman

frotteman New Member

Sep 10, 2004
    Saint Maur
    I'm sorry you missed the other 130 goals that Zidane has scored and I think you've over looked a few accolades:

FIFA pLayer of the year 1998, 2000, 2003
    Voted best player Champion's League 2001-2002
    Voted best european player EVER by the BBC
    Voted best european player in the last 50 years by UEFA

appearantly I wasn't alone in voting for Zizou. His ball movement is sublime and his field vision is expansive. Les Blues won't be the same without him...

15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Must be Italian to believe that. Serie A meant next to nothing when it came to the 2003-2004 seson.

16. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How so, ho?

17. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    That's what I mean when I say overrated. How on Earth can they call him the best European player ever, or of the last 50 years? Do you really think Zidane is better than Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Zoff, Hagi, etc. were?

18. frotteman

frotteman New Member

Sep 10, 2004
    Saint Maur
    Perhaps you're right, yes, over rated. I think its a shame though to see him so often under rated thats all..

19. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Totti is the best complete player in the world :D

Ronaldo and Ronaldinho are amazing too but Totti is the full package ... I wish he was brasilian so all three can play together

Zidane is the most overrated player in the history of anything ... and Henry is a joke because everyone hypes him up for no reason ;)

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I cannot believe some of the voting on this poll. :eek:

Zidane, Ronaldo and Henry? - wtf

21. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Tevez, Ronaldinho..argue between the two

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    This poll proves that Amercians know nothing about football. Sorry, soccer... :rolleyes:

23. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    How about we add Rooney, Adriano, Cristiano Ronaldo, Alessandro Nesta, Cannavaro and many more that this poll left out?

24. GuinnessFC

GuinnessFC New Member

Jun 1, 2000
    NWI
    Hmm.... the list is quite limited and I must say I dont know if these are even the four top players in the world.. but out of the four I would lean toward Henry. This would be by his performance for club not while playing for the national team....

Was this question for club or country?

25. philly_boy

philly_boy New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    philly
    you canadians and scots have now clue about footbal canada aint even gonna get out of the 2nd round on WCQ
    scotland well since alley mcoist left your team is garbage to the scotsman test me if u wanna be embarrased by an american