World's Current Best Player

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Ronaldinho11, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Does the name, Marco Van Basten, ring a bell???

2. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Never heard of him. Does he make wooden shoes?

3. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Are you kidding? How old are you?

4. noudont

noudont New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Miami
    In a big game who would you want? I would still take Zidane. Ronaldhinio is second and gaining fast (because of age). Then Henry and finally Ronaldo, great finisher but I think Ronaldo plays like the world is flat and if he goes near midfield he will fall off the earth.

I'll never forget the goal Zidane made in the CL final, off of a miss hit with tons of spin on it in mid air. Fugedaboudit.

5. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ask Maradona; "who is the best?"
    his answer is "RONALDINHO!!"

Ask Pelé: "who is the best?"
    his answer is "RONALDINHO!!"

you see there are many opinions on who is the best just read this board ;)

Personally I think there is little doubt that Ronaldinho is the most technically gifted player since Maradona.

6. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    no u ********ing suck

7. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
  8. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************** da mn*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

9. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    someone hacked my account

10. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    I don't know who, i havea feeling it was segroves though

11. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I would still put Ronaldo, Nesta and Keane as the top 3. Thye are definitely the best in their respective positions.

Zidane is too peripheral to be the best, he rarely dominates games.

Also Jon Pall, as much as I love Milan and Van Basten, Ronaldo has outshone him for both club and country.

12. badgoalie

badgoalie New Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Wrightwood, Ca
    Are you freakin' kidding me?!!! Did you see the NIKE "90" ball commercial? Gaucho jewked, nutmeged, and tripped-up Figo, and Ronaldo.
    I went right out and bought one of those balls, man! And, now.... I still suck! That's why i'm a keeper.

But seriously folks. If not for Gaucho, can any of you see Barca being where they are, or where they've gotten to this year. Yah, you might say the same of Henry, but, he's just not as versitile of a player. Awesome striker, but limited in the back or even helping to slow a counter.

Gaucho rules! I think the Galaxy should buy him for next year! :eek: :eek:

13. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ronaldinho has just taken it to a whole new level with Barca, I mean just look at the goal he had in the his first game there. His goals and set ups have just been awesome and a lot of fun to watch. I promise that if Madrid knew he was going to play like this, they would have gone for him instead of Beckham, jersey sales be damned.

14. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003

15. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    man thats just a Commercial......

but yes ronaldhinio is a great player. He is almost but not realy close to as ronaldo played for barca. Henry is good player but he is old comapred to Ronaldhino, and henry has no history behind him.

Ronaldo plays bad now...so does the whole madrid but back in the days when he played for milan and barca...wooh...PELE! lol

Brazil is gonna win the world cup again...you will see Ronaldo and Ronaldhnion in attack! because i think ronaldhnio playes in attack for brazil.

16. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    if you mean the best player in the world for lets say past 15 years. Ronaldo is definietly number one. Zidane 2.

You can say henry because he plays good for only last 2-3 seasons. And Ronaldo plays bad only for second half of this season. So no question !ronaldo!

17. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Paolo Maldini is the player who has been the best in the world over the last 15 years as he is the only player who has consistently been the best in the world in his position for that time. No-one else comes near him.

18. Geetch

Geetch New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    USA
    Schmeichel has to get some votes. Took a near-nameless Denmark team to the European Championship. My vote goes to Zidane.. his WC 98 performance still sticks vividly in my head. Ronaldo is hurt too much... we only see flashes of him then he's out for 4 months.

19. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Easy to say when you're barely even 15 years old.

20. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    What exactly sticks out? His sending off in the group stages or his failure to impose himself throughout the tournament?

The only thing that Zidane did in that tournament was score two headed goals in the final. The rest was poor. Zidane as the best player at WC98 is a myth, if you have to point to any performance then look to Euro 2000 in which he was in genuinely sparkling form.

21. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    Right now, Henry. If you go for the past it's Zidane, but for now Henry.

22. Geetch

Geetch New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    USA
    Agreed he was better in Euro 2000 but both performances I remember him controlling the midfield with seeming ease.

What has Henry done recently that would merit him being the best? He's great yes, but then again it is difficult to pin point one player when rarely do any players have the ability to take over games at the international level.

23. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    How about the fact that he scored 29 goals this year in the Premiership? How about the fact that his club has won the Premiership? The fact that he has been outstanding this year? Who else has done anything like that?

24. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

25. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I think he was referring to the best player of the last 15 years point.