Alert: World War Crew: The PKening

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by chr1st, May 9, 2016.

?

Who has your allegiance after the Fray in the 'Fre?

1. #TeamKei - Kei, Kei, he's our guy.

18.8%
  2. HiguaKing - Pipa no happy.

32.8%
  3. "Big Tony" Anthony "Aces" Precourt "Money-Man #1" - C'mon, fans, get your act together.

7.8%
  4. GGG - We don't comment on players that are on the roster.

20.3%
  5. The Angry Mob (AKA folks on the internet) - *LOUD NOISES*

15.6%
  6. Tyson "The Great" Wahl - I'm pretty solid, actually.

15.6%
  7. Lose by two or more goals

42.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go edit some Wikipedia entries?

Troll Fox and MSNBC news forums, cross posting the most right/left wing nut job comments from one to the other?

Build something out of cinder blocks and scrap metal then demolish it with a 9 iron?

Watch the replay of last seasons MLS Cup?

Play Angry Birds for the next 24 hours?

chr1st and the_rickler repped this.
  2. odave

odave Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    [​IMG]

3. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    I don't know. Skip to min 10 and watch our team win the game. That's what I do.

American Brummie repped this.
  5. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Who knew it at the time? This PK is going down in Crew history as a major turning point.

TRUJDUB and American Brummie repped this.
  7. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pipa wins forever. Does this mean Kei supporters are exiled to Foxboro like the traitorous scum they are?

WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE, #TEAMKEI

Dan Milton and Draghignazzo repped this.
  8. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Hail Satan

American Brummie and chr1st repped this.
  9. thenewXB

thenewXB Member

May 23, 2013
    OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if we voted team pipa, do we get any bonus points in grouchyland or sheepland?

10. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please refer to post #16:

Do what you must. The rest of us are counting on you.

American Brummie repped this.
  11. CrewMak

CrewMak Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This almost makes it seem as if Pipa has a little remorse for how the PK debacle played out (see bolded line below). I'm so glad he is doing interviews in English now. He needs to step up and lead this team.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...ed-crew-scs-playoff-standing-not-kamara-trade

Federico Higuain focused on Crew SC's playoff standing, not Kamara trade
    May 12, 20163:34 PM EDT
    Andrew KingContributor

OBETZ, Ohio – As the saga between Kei Kamara and Columbus Crew SC unfolded sinceSaturday’s on-field spat with Federico Higuain, the verbose striker has spent plenty of time in the spotlight. But the Argentine playmaker has declined to make the issue public.

Higuain finally spoke at Crew SC training Thursday after news had broken that Kamara had been traded to the New England Revolution.

While the assembled media were focused on the incident, Higuain said the Kamara situation was “not my problem,” and refused to offer critical remarks of his former teammate.

“I have nothing to say about it,” he said. “My only worry right now is that Columbus Crew is not in the playoffs. On my mind is trying to win games with this team [to get] where I believe we have to be.”

Higuain said he didn’t know how the trade would affect the locker room, and didn’t seem interested in guessing. He’ll leave that task to Head Coach Gregg Berhalter.

“I want the best for this team, that’s it,” he said. “I’m a soccer player.”

Despite the week’s controversy, Higuain said he still “loves” the team’s offense. He said “it’s always about the team,” and has faith that Crew SC will come back from the scuffle.

“I believe we are a good team,” he said. “You saw last night, when this team played against Veracruz [in a friendly], a team from Mexico, we did a very good job.

“No matter who plays, this team, this club, we defend our style of playing soccer. The idea has to be defended by strong people. I believe we’re strong people.”

Higuain described the situation as “a bad moment for me,” but didn’t feel it was his place to judge whether the trade made Crew SC better.

“I don’t know,” he said. “Again, it doesn’t matter who plays. The idea [matters]. We want to play like our coach wants. We have to do it.”

When Higuain was inevitably asked why he didn’t let Kamara take the penalty kick Saturday, he couldn’t help but break his stoic demeanor. He chuckled and shook his head.

“I have nothing to say,” he said. “Sorry."

12. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hesmer is on #TeamKei.

730925986968145921 is not a valid tweet id

Not sure if it was an either-or, but I'd take @keikamara as a teammate over Pipa everyday. On and off field...
    — William Hesmer

Where is that fire emoji?

TRUJDUB repped this.