World Football Historic Center (Dearman Blogspot)

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by Dearman, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Dearman

Dearman Member

Red Star Belgrade
    Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Thailand
    The number of games is also dependent on format and availability of competition so the number cannot be compared directly. Moreover, there are some seasons Pires played below the standardized level.

2. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Argentina
    Diego Maradona deserves a 9.5 for the WC86 final, he beat Germany by playing between the lines.

For me, Paolo Rossi was man of the match in the WC82 final. I believe him and Oleg Salenko are the only players to score six consecutive goals for their team at the tournament.

3. Dearman

Dearman Member

Red Star Belgrade
    Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Thailand
    Argentina's success in the final is much credited to Maradona. As he was encircled by German defensive players in almost every sec, it is a huge benefit for his teammates that was much more comfortable to get chance with the ball.

I'd prefer Conti who was a main driver of Italy's offence, performing superb dribbling and chance creation. Rossi scored under normal situtation when German players were already out of marking zone.

Pipiolo repped this.
  4. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Argentina
    What was crucial about Rossi was that his goal was almost inevitable and it told Germany they were going to lose.

5. victorcalello38

Feb 28, 2017
    Club:
    Montevideo Wanderers FC
    @Dearman Because Luis Monti is a better player than José Leandro Andrade in the global ranking but not in the position of defensive midfielder?

[​IMG]

The 100 Greatest Defensive Midfielders of All-Time

1. Lothar Matthaeus (Germany)
    2. Frank Rijkaard (Holland)
    3. Jozsef Bozsik (Hungary)
    4. Paul Breitner (Germany)
    5. Ernst Ocwirk (Austria)
    6. Jose Leandro Andrade (Uruguay)
    7. Luis Monti (Argentina)

I also can not understand how José Leandro Andrade integrates the ideal selection of history. (reserved)

Finally, Carlos Sosa (Argentina) does not join the list of the 100 best lateral defenders in history? Surely there was not an error?

6. Dearman

Dearman Member

Red Star Belgrade
    Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Thailand
    In global ranking, International Country criteria is set in higher percentage than positional list. As J.L.Andrade is evaluated higher point in NT part, he become surpass Monti by margin.

Carlos Sosa made only 12 appearances for Argentina as many as his argentine contemporary Norberto Yacono and defender position is basically required consistent performance. RC Paris bought him to play in France during the 1950s in the era that rare pure Argentine players moved to play in Europe. I have to get more info about his career anyway.

7. Dearman

Dearman Member

Red Star Belgrade
    Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Thailand
    I'd devide the third set into two parts. The first part is provided in this post. the second part of the 1966 World Cup will be followed soon.

Match Summary III-I.png

It is my second time to watch the 1954 World Cup final. Aside from incomplete body condition of Ferenc Puskas, one of the causes Hungary was beaten is Czibor’s unaccustomed position, an outside-right. He missed the important goal in short distance by his inefficient right-foot. In contrary, Helmut Rahn’s feet is equal. He moves inside and able to score by his left-foot by powerful shot.

In 1957 FA Cup Final, I mainly focus on Duncan Edwards. He is unparalleled strong in defense and possesses some technique. On the other hand, most of his vision and passing scenes are failed. I note he made overpassing 4 times that all of them are either much misdirected or overweight and let Man Utd concede ball possessions from total 6 times but he was still named in top five Ballon’Dor in that year. In my country, I heard since I was young that he had enough potential to be the greatest ever alongside Pele and Maradona is probably one of the most overrated praises.

The 1962 (Full Highlight 40 minutes), 1963 and 1966 Copa Libertadores Cup Final video, is very unclear, are monitored. Apart from Pele who is always intelligent and effective in advanced playmaker role, I focus on Pepe who I never watched in full-match. Pepe is fast and classy in technique but lack of great imagination so it seems his teammate try to more operate the game on right-wing (Dorval) than left-side area. Jose Sanfilippo has a style to always conduct the ball by himself to score with his great acceleration and powerful shot. Ernesto Grillo and Ermindo Onega has a similar creative style of play with outstanding agility and high sense of coordination but the second one performs in more free-role. It also very good chance to watch Mazurkiewicz and Carrizo in a full-match. Both are agile and enthusiastic. All of their conceded goals is beyond one’s capability.

The Penarol offensive Trio “Rocha-Joya-Spencer” is focused. It is amazing about scoring scene by Rocha’s heading that is really skillful. Rocha is very good in any aspect of playmaker, most notable his technique and also accurate in free-kick. Joya is dominate in physical, is strong and fast with considerable technique but he is lack of spirit, intentionally kicking the ball out to the grandstand to stall. Spencer scored both goals with his proficient heading. He is also good in teamwork not just a tapped player.

The 1965 European Cup Final is watched in only first half but the raining fall prevents players to fulfill their potential and is perhaps the most tiresome European club final match ever. The 1966 Final is mainly focused on Velibor Vasovic, Fahrudin Jusufi and Amancio, As the quality of video is also not good and no commentator voice, players are monitored by positional play. Amancio has proved he also played well as a deep-lying forward. Fahrudin Jusufi is nothing but complete in full-back qualification. For Vasovic, I will conclude again next time after watch the 1969 final match. The 1967 final’s most remarkable one must be Jimmy Johnstone who is highly impressive for his creativity and dribble when his speed is normal and his scoring ability is below average. The Inter Milan players who seems to be too much dependent on the team tactic Catenaccio whose defensive line is very deep and finally allows two conceded goals from Celtic’s midfielders long shot

Perú FC and msioux75 repped this.
  8. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Argentina
    Paul Breitner is not a defensive midfielder, he played on the left flank of midfield or defense.

Also, where would you rank Carlos Sosa among Argentine fullbacks?

Not sure I understand, if global ranking counts international performances higher, shouldn't Andrade rank higher than Monti for the global list?

9. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    During his very famous second period at Bayern Munich he mainly played in a central midfielder role, but certainly not as a defensive one, but more like an offensive box-to-box midfielder with defensive tasks.

However, seeing Matthäus, Bozsik and Ocwirk in the same category (none of them a pure defensive midfielder either), I think it can be understood that he groups box-to-box and a kind of deep holding midfielders there.

Pipiolo repped this.
  10. Dearman

Dearman Member

Red Star Belgrade
    Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Thailand
    Breitner's defensive quality is great enough to be categroized in DM position as a box-to-box midfielder as it is also better to see him in playmaker list.

You are correct. L.Andrade is ahead of Monti in footballer (global list) but Monti is ranked higher in DM list due to different criteria.

11. victorcalello38

Feb 28, 2017
    Club:
    Montevideo Wanderers FC
  12. Dearman

Dearman Member

Red Star Belgrade
    Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Thailand
    The rating of Loustau is currently subjective as no video to watch but he was an important player of River Plate in the 1948 South American club championship, scoring 4 goals the most productive for River Plate equal to Di Stefano. Anyway Loustau played only 70 % of league game at that year.

Others outstanding candidate is Tom Finney and Stanley Matthews who won FWA footballer of the year and Tom Finney who scored 2 goals against Italy led by Valentino Mazzola and he scored. I did not select them as I gave very high importance on major international tournament (1948 Olymic Games) that England did not participate. As the criteria has been actually changed, I revise the best winger in 1948 from Loustau to Matthews who has a concrete individual awards achievement.

Pipiolo repped this.
  13. Dearman

Dearman Member

Red Star Belgrade
    Argentina
    Feb 24, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Thailand
    1966 World Cup.png

In the 1966 World Cup, the Argentine team is impressive in its teamwork ability. Artime-Onega-Mas and Perfumo-Marzolini is mainly focused. Perfumo is proficient for his quick movement from the back of opponent to cut off the ball in front of them. He has a problem to manage with his aerial battle twice when he try to intercept the ball from misdirect standing and it is almost an own goal .For another case, his short jump allows opponent to score too easy. Marzolini is seen to be fast when he run without the ball and he is very reliable in his positional sense. Antonio Rattin is superb in reading the game and ball winning, is one of the best destroyers ever. Onega is seen to make several inaccurate passes apart from his great vision and movement as mentioned. Oscar Mas is really fast and agile, mostly coordinate with his teammate to move forward to inside area. Artime is a main poacher as he seldom participate with the ball.

The scene of Rocha technique is unforgettable when he juggle ball across his head and an English defender and move 180 degree to volley the ball at once. It is a little out of target.

For Eastern European teams, The Hungarian Du-O forward Albert-Bene is focused. Albert is an amazing complete forward with elegant movement. Bene is agile in dribbling but his imagination is too limited when he is set as a right-winger. For USSR, Shesternev is a true reliable sweeper. He is slow but compensate by his great position and reading the game. Compared to most defensive midfielders, Voronin is remarkably agile and more elaborate with the ball. Dimitar Yakimov often shows his skillful dribbling. Asparuhov is during his prime but I don’t see any spectacular on his footage and is overrated for being regarded as the greatest Bulgarian player ever.

In the semi-final between W.Germany and USSR, Lev Yashin made a phenomenon incredible save of Seeler’s shot in only 2 meters distance catching with his hand. Yashin anticipates the direction of the ball completely. Seeler bewilders for this magic save. However, Yashin is a bit too lazy and careless when he allows goal conceding without attempt to jump.

The 1966 German players are monitored individually. Schnellinger often move forward to semi-side midfield area thanks for his versatility as he performs well in central defender, full-back or wing-back role. There is a noticeable flaw in his reading ability when he mistakenly anticipates the opponent running direction and he fling to tackle the ball in different direction of opponent. Schulz is reliable in overall but slow and he was once stolen the ball unknowingly from the back. However, the weak point of Germany defensive line is Hottges who failed to mark Geoff Hurst for the first conceding goal and he mistakenly kick out for the second one. In midfielder, Beckenbauer as a young defensive midfielder is a bit impetuous when he made ineffective abrupt tackle a couple of times. Haller as an advanced midfielder is superb in scoring sense with 6 goals in 5 games, is deserved as the best German player of the tournament. Seeler as an inside-forward is seen to be diligent and extremely beneficial for his team although he was unsuccessful in overall score productivity. He even run deeper into midfield area to win the ball.

For England side, Charlton is very well-organized with a smooth playmaking style that led he make no assist through the tournament. Charlton should be world-class in only organizing role but not for his ball controlling and productivity and for me he is man of the match in only the final game for all related 4 matches. Bobby Moore always made accurate long passing and even assist for an important goal against Portugal. None of mistake scene of Bobby Moore in all 4 matches I watch.

In conclusion, I select Eusebio to win the golden ball. Bobby Moore for Silver ball and Haller for Bronze Ball. As Charlton World Cup performance is rated down, he is down one place to 17th best player ever.

For the current plan, as I have complete full-matches list to watch with the total number of 235. The project plan is adjusted to finish much earlier within April 2018.

msioux75 and Pipiolo repped this.