World Cup Travel - Visa for U.S. Citizens

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Lebowski, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Website says no new application pending. So it looks like it got lost down there. I'm going to need to go down there & figure out what happened, it appears

2. Mnorris

Mnorris Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ
    That sucks, I'm sorry. Do you have the tracking number for your return envelope (the one the consulate was going to use to ship you back your passport?) I would suggest checking that number before you drive out to Atlanta in the case that the consulate shipped your items back for whatever reason so you don't waste a trip. Bummer. Good luck.

3. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. Have been checking that number. Looks like it got lost somewhere at the consulate. Hope it can be found. This is potentially disastrous

4. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not what it means. we dropped ours off at Atlanta and the first two lights went red, now this. Atlanta only mails back, no pick up, so I assume this means its on its way back. id check your DC first.

5. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My DC? I don't understand. Please explain

6. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If DC means delivery confirmation -- have received notice that my application was received at the consulate -- the return SASE tracking number not yet active. Not good. What else could it mean?

7. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After Atlanta processes a visa they'll knock the application out of the system entirely, so it'll come up as "no result found" or something like that. After a couple of days they'll actually put the envelope in the mail and it'll be searchable in the USPS system

ChelseaMatt and Mnorris repped this.
  8. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So maybe the application was not lost -- I guess there is still hope. Still, I guess to talk with them about it & confirm, I'm still relegated to going down there in person, right? Since they won't answer their phones?

9. byucougars

byucougars Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    I just sent in via mail to Atlanta yesterday. I'm praying there aren't any serious issues.

10. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please pray that my application is found. Thanks

El Bigote de Dalí repped this.
  11. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah dude, you're fine, Atlanta knocks it out of the system when processed. check the DC of your return envelope and you will see they are mailing it back to you.

12. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Don't worry about what that site says. Half the time I checked, mine showed "No New Application Pending." The other half, it showed varying points of completion along that status bar. I received my visa back approximately one week after they received it.

13. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The DC of return envelope shows not sent back yet. Unfortunately in limbo. Will likely need to drive down there to sort it out if they don't respond to my email since they don't answer the phone

14. chrismann91

chrismann91 New Member

May 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hey there! Came across this post when searching the internet. My two friends I'm planning on going to the world cup with live in Tampa, FL, and also got rejected by the Miami consulate since they don't have the hard ticket from FIFA. We went thru Travisa and also contacted a lawyer about this, and sounds like there's nothing much they can do thru Miami. It sounds like people in similar situations have had success either mailing their application in or going in person to the Atlanta consulate. Is this true? Just wanted to double check before I advise my friends to head up to Atlanta, even though they are out of jurisdiction and don't have. Sounds like the documentation required is:

Documentation:
    - Application form – RER – signed;
    - Passport photo with a white background;
    - Flight itinerary;
    - Valid (for at least 6 months) original passport with two visa pages in blank;
    - Nominal proof of tickets purchase issue by FIFA.
    -USPS Priority Express or USPS Priority Mail with tracking number envelope, prepaid, self-addressed, for the return

Am I missing any documentation?

Also, how do you go about making an appointment with them? They don't seem to respond to email and they don't allow phone calls apparently. Thanks so much for your help guys!

15. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    keep checking several times a day both on the visa status site and on USPS. if it doesn't show up on either by friday morning then head down there

ChelseaMatt and Mnorris repped this.
  16. Mnorris

Mnorris Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ
    I second that plan. Remember they're supposedly off striking today and tomorrow so hopefully Thursday something will show up in either the status or the USPS tracking. Cheering you on from down here. Good luck!

ChelseaMatt repped this.
  17. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mailed those exact items in to Atlanta (although I'm not sure what you mean by "RER" application form....mine was "VITUR-TE") and received my visa in about a week. The whole thing cost $11 (2 USPS Priority envelopes).

18. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I think this is what I'm planning to do. Appreciate the moral support. Sincerely

19. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Yes, my application was sent back less than a week after I sent it down there in mid to late April -- however, I didn't have my flight itinerary in there, so no visa. I sent it back down there now 2 weeks ago. On the website, they're saying it's only a 3 business day wait; to me that's a red flag that something went wrong. Also on the website, on April 25th, they posted that they're only taking applications in person now; so maybe they refused to process it. I'm just hoping they can still locate the package. Hope everyone's right & it just hasn't been shipped back to me. Thank you everyone for your input and support.

20. chrismann91

chrismann91 New Member

May 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sorry, I think that means "receipt page" or something similar. Do you mind if I ask you when you sent it and what jursidiction you fall under?

21. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I am in San Francisco. I mailed my application in on Saturday, April 26, and received it back on Tuesday, May 6.

22. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am in Greenville, SC. I sent my application in April 28th & now I don't know what happened to it

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if this makes you feel better or not, but I'm pretty sure that they return passports to the US State Department Passport Agency's local office if you didn't provide a return envelope or some other issue arises. At least that's what Chicago told me.

24. carol_lynnr16

carol_lynnr16 New Member

May 13, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My husband went to Miami today. As long as you have actual tickets it's pretty quick and easy. He got there about 9:45 and was seen about 10:15. He did say it was super busy when he was leaving, so definitely get there early. All we needed was the printed visa application form with picture attached, passports (signed), and game tickets (they made a copy). They gave him a pickup ticket for Friday.

25. byucougars

byucougars Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    I overnighted my VISA to Atlanta yesterday. It arrived today at 2. Supposedly the strike is currently happening, yet someone signed for my packet. When I just entered my information into the the Brazil Visa sight, it comes up as "received". Are you seeing the received button lit up when you enter your information?