World Cup Travel - São Paulo

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by PabloSanDiego, Jan 23, 2014.

1. William Reynolds

Nov 7, 2013
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have either. Sorry

2. Adam Solano

Adam Solano New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Hello, can anyone here please give me some advice of where in SP I can buy souvenirs from the world cup? Streets or areas? Similar to what they sell at the FIFA fan shop but copies, and therefore not so expensive...

3. FilipeMB

FilipeMB Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Look for 25 de Março street.
    ook for

4. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Take the metro and get off at São Bento station (line 1 - blue). Look for "Ladeira Porto Geral" exit. You will be right on 25 de março street, a truly paradise for what you look for.

Lucas..., Nikkimau and Leica repped this.
  5. Adam Solano

Adam Solano New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Many thanks! Will check it out!

6. yessam1277

yessam1277 Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Haiti
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looking for 4 to 6 tickets to #62 in Sao Paulo tomorrow. Please PM me Thanks!

7. Michael714

Michael714 New Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    hey,
    Got tickets to the semifinal today, match 62. If leaving rio de janeiro at 9:30 latest, would it be best to rent a car or take a bus that gets to sao paulo at 16:00?? Help. Just want to make sure we have enough time to get to the stadium. How will traffic be? Thanks for the help in advance!!!

8. paul23

paul23 Member

Jun 19, 2014

I see it very "on the limit"...buses would take 6,30 hours (If good traffic conditions), the one in Sp you would have to take metro to estaçao da luz and train do torcedor to stadium. You can make it, but no errors allowed.....

9. jfk21

jfk21 New Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hi we got hospitality parking stickers for the game today from FIFA .. How long would it take from the jardins area to the stadium by car? Looking forward to Argentina vs holland
    Thanks

10. marcus henrique

marcus henrique New Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Club:
    AC Paranavai
    Guys, I have an extra ticket to Category 1, for the game of Argentina today, I bought three, but my stepson can not go ... I'm on the east side of São Paulo and who will want to come here ... look at offers email marcushvg@yahoo.com.br

11. FilipeMB

FilipeMB Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Between 1hr-1h45mins, depending on traffic.

12. Martin NYC

Martin NYC Member

Dec 25, 2013
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey, amigos. Unfortunately I lost my camera at the stadium at some point while waiting for the match to start. Any idea if I could simply go back in the afternoon and ask about the lost and found?

13. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Guys,
    We all know that recently this forum turned into a nasty gathering of ugly touts from all four corners ruining it for the true football fans everywhere. Everyone's sick of these assholes demanding crazy amount of money for tickets that they shouldn't even have to begin with. I just thought I'd share my story that might make the true fans of this beautiful sports happy.

Due to change in personal circumstances, I ended up with 6 tickets to Sao Paulo semifinal match between Argentina and Netherlands - two I was going to use for me and my wife, and 4 extras. This was a high demand game with people wanting to spend $1000+ per ticket at a minimum. But I knew it was just sheer luck that I had those tickets, so capitalizing on them was out of the question - because it could've been me who was looking for a ticket.

So, I decided to help out some members of this forum. I found four devout fans of this beautiful sport who were hunting for #62 and gave them the tickets at FV. My wife and I went to the game together with @Xplorer @Don Sequeira@UrNumbrOneCrush and @Francisco Macedo.

Let me tell you, it was one of the best experiences of this world cup for me. To be able to share the fun together made being at the game much more enjoyable. I was thinking that I could've made $5000, but I couldn't have bought the experience for any amount.

This forum has been vital for my WC trip. I am very glad to be able to give back.

zzvelik, TRUEAGGIE, thefishwrap and 7 others repped this.
  14. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Although I can't say you have good taste in football jerseys, you are the man, Leica. Well done. ;)

Leica repped this.
  15. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lol Michel!!

16. morecast

morecast Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Thank you all for you valuable information. Made my stay in Sao Paulo much more interesting.

Im very lucky to be able to go back to Brazil next month. Will be staying at a beach in Litoral Norte. The day I return I want to try a Churrascaria near GRU. I've checked out some places in TripAdvisor but wanted to know if any locals can recomend me a good place in Guarulhos. Don't want to go into the city because of the traffic so I thought Guarulhos could be a good place.

Any help is very welcome.

17. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Try Churrascaria Solar dos Pampas in downtown.

Rua Attillio Trevisan, 1