World Cup Travel - São Paulo

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by PabloSanDiego, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  2. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi - hoping one of the Sao Paulo locals can help me. Does anyone know of a bar in Sao Paulo (Jardins) that will be showing the UFC PPV on Saturday July 5th?

Thanks in advance

3. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Crikey - why would you think a local would know what a UFC PPV is? I haven't a clue myself.

4. FilipeMB

FilipeMB Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Try The Blue Pub (Alameda Ribeirão Preto, 384), Bar Asterix (Alameda Joaquim Eugênio de Lima, 573), Prainha Paulista (Alameda Joaquim Eugênio de Lima, 557), The Ale House (Rua Peixoto Gomide, 1730). One of them will show this weekend UFC.

MacPhistoTerp repped this.
  5. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Haha, depending you ask here in Brazil, MMA and UFC will be his 1st sport. Isn't difficult to find a pub packed at most important UFC fights, like this one tomorrow.

Nowadays we can say that our 2nd sport is MMA. It was Formula 1 years ago. Brazil is a powerhouse at Volleyball, but isn't so popular.

6. Andre B

Andre B New Member

Jul 5, 2014
    I am flying out of Sao Paulo GRU 7/13 at 9:00 pm, any advice on a place to watch the game that is close to the airport? I am afraid I won't make it on time if I watch the game in the city and the leave after the game ends to the airport. I know there are may assumptions here (whether Barzil will be playing or not) but any help will be appreciated.

7. FilipeMB

FilipeMB Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    You should watch in the airport... It's your best shot.

lucasc repped this.
  8. bas2424

bas2424 New Member

Jul 4, 2014
    In high need of 2 tickets for Holland - Argentina. In Salvador now, flying to Sao Paulo tomorrow.
    Shoot me a PM!

9. RodMorais

RodMorais Member

Jun 20, 2014
  10. Ricardo N

Ricardo N Member

Sporting Cristal
    Peru
    Jun 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I am looking for one ticket for match 62 in SP. WHATSAPP +12134002102.
    I can pick up in Rio Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday in SP.

11. Nikkimau

Nikkimau Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am thoroughly enjoying São Paulo so far! Tried the mortedella (Belisma) at Hocca and ate way too much at mercado municipal. I am in foodie heaven.

Could someone please list the one ultimate brasilian desert I should try on my last day here and where to find it?

12. FilipeMB

FilipeMB Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Pudim de doce de leite? Tapioca com leite condensado? Brigadeiro?
    Too many options, mate...

13. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There are two you should definitely try:

Quindim:

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quindim

Pudim de leite moça (condensed milk pudding)

[​IMG]

If you are in the Jardins/Paulista area, there's a good restaurant on Paulista Ave. called Bovinu's Grill. Their meals are very good but what they really excel at is the desserts. You can find both quindim and pudim de leite condensado there as well as other Brazilian desserts and fruits.

Bovinu's Grill
    Av. Paulista, 735
    (close to Brigadeiro metro station - line 2 - green)

Nikkimau repped this.
  14. salcido5

salcido5 Member

Dec 31, 2005
    san diego
    Anyone know how to get from vcp to gru? Buses? Where can i purchase tickets in advance?

Thank you!

15. FilipeMB

FilipeMB Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
  16. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Hi. I'm Brazilian and I live in Rio de Janeiro, but will be my first time in Sao Paulo to watch the semifinal. I have some questions:
    - The best way to go from the Tietê bus station to the Museu do Futebol? Metro? How should I proceed (stations, lines)? And the Museu do Futebol to the Itaquerão.
    - How long it takes to return Itaquerão to the Tietê?

I appreciate the patience. There are 44 pages and maybe my questions have already been answered, but I searched and did not find. If any Brazilian poster answer me, can answer in Portuguese here or in PM.

Thanks.

17. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I came via the airport and got the bus to Tatuape and then used the metro to the Museo de Football (Paulista stop).

I also got the metro to the stadium. There is a large shopping centre near the stadium if you are early.

18. Itay Levy

Itay Levy New Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hi, I want to buy a ticket for the semi in São Paulo. Please please please help me find!!!
    I am in São Paulo.
    itaylevy7@gmail.com

19. William Reynolds

Nov 7, 2013
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking for one semi ticket. In São Paulo now.

20. William Reynolds

Nov 7, 2013
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My whatsapp +55 (11) 98788-0447

21. FilipeMB

FilipeMB Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I accept exchanging Sao Paulo SF for BH SF or Rio F.

22. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    From Tietê to the Museum: take the metro (look for Jabaquara direction), change trains at Paraiso (look for Vila Madalena direction) and get off at Consolação station on Avenida Paulista. There you have 3 options to get to the Museum: by bus (Morro Grande - 917M), by taxi (it's a short ride, 10 minutes or so) or walking (~1,5 km). Taxi is probably the best one if you don't have plenty of time.

From the Museum back to Paulista: taxi again, then metro at Consolação station, get off at Luz and take there the express train to the stadium.

From Itaquerão to Tietê, take the express train again and get off at Luz. Then metro (look for Tucuruvi direction) to Tietê metro station. Once you get on at Itaquera metro station, I believe you will take 30 minutes or so to get off at Tietê.

Lucas... and FilipeMB repped this.
  23. kevinucho

kevinucho Member

Mar 3, 2005
    L.A., CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anyone in Sao Paulo know anyone who is selling 1 or 2 tickets to the Semi? Say yes please.

24. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
  25. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    There's also the option of getting a bus from VCP to Tietê and from there to GRU, which is more expensive than going back to Campinas to get the direct bus, but cheaper than getting a cab.