World Cup Travel - São Paulo

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by PabloSanDiego, Jan 23, 2014.

1. thefishwrap

thefishwrap New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Leyton Orient FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm back in the US after my week in Brazil -- what a fantastic time. Thank you @lucasc and all the rest of the locals who helped with suggestions, tips, etc. Every Brazilian we ran into were so hospitable. We had a great time at the meetup and watching the Brazil-Cameroon game in Vila Madalena near Pinheiros. I highly suggest checking it out if you're looking for a place to watch Brazil-Chile.

lucasc and Johnnyzs repped this.
  2. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anyone know if the lockers place in the central bus station (Tiete) working 24/7? How much should it cost?

Thanks!

3. SuperDeutschland

SuperDeutschland New Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Looking for M55 and M62 tickets.

Pick up in SP.

4. Phillip Dean

Phillip Dean New Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Hi

I'm looking for up to 3 tickets for Argentina v Swiss in São Paulo. PM or email me p.dean@live.com.au.

I'm currently in São Paulo.

Cheers

5. thefishwrap

thefishwrap New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Leyton Orient FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Annnnnd things went sour about three hours after posting this. My credit card company called, and said someone was attempting to make a $500+ purchase on my card in Rio. They rejected the charge, so that's good. Jerks.. Someone must have skimmed my number at some point -- which was really tricky because no one left with my card .. it was always swiped right in front of me. (We did half the trip in Rio and half in Sao Paulo.)

Anyway, keep an eye out on your statements guys.

6. JohnnyMctootinstuff

JohnnyMctootinstuff New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Shouldn't be too bad. They had a very efficient train service set up with extra trains to pull people away from the stadium after the game, and the area emptied out pretty quickly. Might be a bit difficult to get a taxi at first, but you should be able to get one, and I would guess 30-60 min to the airport.

7. zzvelik

zzvelik Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Southern California
    Good advice. Keep your eyes on the final receipt as well & always ask to see the menu or you may end up paying 27 reals for a glass of Guinness in Rio.

8. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Did you use it in ATMs? Someone might have cloned it. Anyway, it shouldn't bring you that much trouble, just replace it.

9. thefishwrap

thefishwrap New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Leyton Orient FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No ATMs with that card. Just restaurants and general shopping.

Yeah, no real harm. I'm without the card for a couple of days, but that's no biggie.

10. Papa Burgundy

Papa Burgundy Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Dirty Jerz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Looking to buy 2 tickets to Argentina v Switzerland. Can pick up anywhere in SP.

11. Itay Levy

Itay Levy New Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Looking for 1 ticket for Argentina vs Swiss match in São Paulo.
    My email is itaylevy7@gmail.com

12. julitoco

julitoco Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Hi everyone. I'm going to SP for the semis. I'm planning to go from rio on match's day, stay one night at Jardins or Vila and then comeback the next day. Can you help me choosing whether to flight from/to Guarulhos or Congonhas? From which airport can I go to the stadium more easily, or go from Jardins to the airport? Thanks in advance!

13. Johnnyzs

Johnnyzs Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    I'll let the other users here say what's the best airport for your purposes in São Paulo, but what I can say is: try to book a flight that leaves Rio from the international airport (GIG) and not the domestic one (SDU). Over 50 flights were cancelled this Saturday due to a massive fog and the airport is old and small, which means it's not really prepared for such situation. GIG has better equipment and flights there are not cancelled that easily due to weather conditions.

julitoco repped this.
  14. julitoco

julitoco Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Just checked on GOL site, all of my flights departure from SDU, guess I have to start to pray.

Great advice btw.

15. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was one of those people affected by those massive cancelations at SDU yesterday. I felt really bad for those that were going to Belo Horizonte for the Brazil Chile match and weren't able to make it =/

julitoco repped this.
  16. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Most of these are happening during the morning, if your flight is out of that time stretch you'll likely be fine.
    Anyone whom ever flew from there will understand the problem they have. Their runaway is incredibly short and surrounded by water, flying without perfect visual would be insane.

julitoco repped this.
  17. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Are there ticket machines at CGH and SDU?

18. Johnnyzs

Johnnyzs Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    If you can choose another company, I recommend Azul. It usually has excellent prices from GIG to GRU. If your flight isn't in the morning or if there is a good span, you'll be on the safe side.

julitoco repped this.
  19. julitoco

julitoco Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Only one flight is in the morning but i'm flying one day before the match so i guess i will figure out what to do if something happens. Thanks for your advice, i would have never thought of that!

20. EhsanD

EhsanD New Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I have 2 tickets to Match 56 - Belgium v USA - category 1 (block 106) - July 1st, Salvador.
    I can make the sale in Salvador on June 29 or morning of 30th, or in São Paulo international airport June 30th afternoon.

21. Itay Levy

Itay Levy New Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I Want to trade or buy for 1/16 or semi in São Paulo or final :)
    I have 2 tickets for Holland vs. Costa Rica in Salvador and 1 or maybe 2 spare tickets cat 1 for quarter in Brasilia I do not need.
    I am now in belo Horizonte, Tuesday in São Paulo and from Wednesday in Brasilia.
    PM me or mail to itaylevy7@gmail.com

22. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Did GIG to GRU day trip for Korea v Belgium. Very easy and no issues. Take the regular bus to the metro and then use the metro. Cheap but you need to buy your tickets and have your ticket for after the game. Unlike Rio the metro is not free with your match ticket.

If you have time then the Football Museum is well worth a visit.

http://www.cidadedesaopaulo.com/sp/en/what-to-see/209-museu-do-futebol

take the metro to Paulista. It is a 1km walk from there but maybe take a taxi as I had to ask directions a few times and took a cheap taxi back to the metro. The area is very safe to walk in though. It is located within the Pacaembu stadium. So ask for the stadium.

It is focused on Brazilian football of course.

23. Sochoa3

Sochoa3 Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    I have one extra ticket CAT 3 for match 55 today in São Paulo (Argentina - Switzerland) let me know as soon as possible! Will sell to higher offer.

24. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    If anyone is going to the stadium right now for Argentina vs. Switzerland: there seems to be some problem on Line 11, signaling stuff, service is slow and full, people are walking between stations. Might be a better idea to get the Red Line instead, at least until further notice.

25. FilipeMB

FilipeMB Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Pretty sure there is one at CGH. Not so sure about SDU, though.