World Cup Travel Packages

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Flipmode2000, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bueno... I know some people might think that it's too early to start to start thinking about this since we have not even qualified YET !... but I know that after 16 years we will be in the next World Cup... yo tuve la oportunidad ir al mundial aqui en estados unidos y hasta este dia no se me olvida el sentimiento de ver en vivo jugar a Colombia en un mundial....PRICELESS !!!
    ya estan vendiendo los planes para el mundial pero esta gente esta un poco loca.. me parece un poco exagerados los precios.. que opinan ustedes ?.... esto fue una de la 4 o 5 cotizaciones que mandaron y todas son casi iguales.. esto es solo por el hotel y entrada y no incluye el pasaje..

*** This does not include AIRFARE by the way....

Plan 3 noches - 4 días ( 1 juego de primera fase) Team Specific
    HOTEL 3* HOTEL 4* HOTEL 5*
    Sencillo $ 4,700.00 $ 6,000.00 $ 6,600.00
    Doble $ 3,500.00 $ 4,200.00 $ 5,600.00
    Triple $ 3,240.00 $ 3,700.00 $ 5,100.00
    Match Pavillion

Plan 3 noches - 4 días ( 1 juego de primera fase) Team Specific Plan 7 noches - 8 días (1 juego de semi final y gran final)

HOTEL 3* HOTEL 4* HOTEL 5* HOTEL 3* HOTEL 4* HOTEL 5*
    Sencillo $ 6,100.00 $ 7,300.00 $ 7,900.00 Sencillo $ 23,700.00 $ 26,000.00 $ 27,700.00
    Doble $ 4,800.00 $ 5,500.00 $ 6,900.00 Doble $ 22,000.00 $ 24,000.00 $ 25,700.00
    Triple $ 4,400.00 $ 5,000.00 $ 6,400.00 Triple $ 21,200.00 $ 22,200.00 $ 24,700.00
    Business Seat Business Seat

Plan 14 noches - 15 días ( 3 juegos juegos de primera fase) Plan 7 noches - 8 días (2 juegos de semi final y gran final)

HOTEL 3* HOTEL 4* HOTEL 5* HOTEL 3* HOTEL 4* HOTEL 5*
    Sencillo $ 20,500.00 $ 25,400.00 $ 25,900.00 Sencillo $ 30,500.00 $ 32,800.00 $ 34,500.00
    Doble $ 13,900.00 $ 19,700.00 $ 24,700.00 Doble $ 28,500.00 $ 30,000.00 $ 23,500.00
    Triple $ 13,400.00 $ 17,300.00 $ 23,200.00 Triple $ 28,000.00 $ 29,000.00 $ 31,500.00
    Business Seat Business Seat

2. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    estos es pesos colombianos cierto? :barefoot:

que es "sencillo"? O sea el mas simple plan es de $3,240 (US) compartiendo con 3 personas un cuarto?
    Eso incluye el cuarto, nada de comida y un ticket? Por 3 noches es casi = $1,000 por noche. Si es asi es tremendo robo. Sumele el viaje desde USA sale por hay a los $1,200.
    Por eso USA es el mejor pais de logístico para este tipo de eventos.

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nos fuimos a esa monda

4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hey guys - i went to South Africa for two weeks during the first two weeks of the World Cup in 2010.

if anyone has questions regarding how to get tickets and some strategy behind them; feel free to ask me. as for hotels - it's so hard to plan accomodations unless you know the full WC schedule...

5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

ok, so details please, details.

I've gone to big events before but not a world cup (outside of the US that is). I just can't believe that a 3 star hotel is going to charge (and get) $4700 for a single room for 3 nights, including one ticket. And 3 star in Brazil isnt going to be 3 star USA either.

I would figure a match ticket: $300 (nose bleed type of seats)
    A hotel (3 star) : $ 300 /day (which is already expensive) x 3 nights = $900

So that's $1200.

How some company wants to charge $4700 is down right crazy. I read in one of the Mexican forums how some of the accommodations are actually in ships/vessels :eek:.

So Furnaccio go ahead and enlighten me as to how much you spent and what you would recommend in this process. I asked for no gifts from the wife for my bday so I could get this one event off my bucket list. But I' not spending $10k for B.S.

6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    when i went to south africa for the world cup in 2010. i went for the first 2 weeks of the group stages. this is based on a 11-night stay in South africa

Accomodations ($1,100):
    i stayed at 2 different hotels - 1 in cape town and 1 in johanesburg. i was travelling with another friend and a third joined us for the last 5 days of the trip.

two 3-night stays in cape town: my hotel stay was about $200 per night at the hotel in cape town - that was split 2 ways so $100 per person)

5 nights: my hotel stay in Johannesburg was about $215 per night. split 2 ways - about $107.50 per person per night

Call it $1,100 per person for a hotel stay - both hotels were good and safe. i never felt nervous at any time.

Flights ($2,500):
    $2,000 - main flight from NYC to Capetown (brief stop in Amsterdam)

$500 - flight from cape town to joburg and back (although i bought this flight when it was first available) domestic travel flights became more prevalent closer to the world cup time and were cheaper to purchase - i didn't want to take that risk...me, i like to book things way in advance so i can have that piece of mind. flying domestically in south africa was much easier than i expected.

Tickets for games ($440 face value):
    i didn't follow a country so i picked tickets for individual games. basically if you go to fifa.com and apply for tix via lottery, you can select up to 7 individual games and request 4 tickets per game. initially i was supposed to go with 4 friends so you have to enter the names of the people and passport info with whom will be attending the games with you. don't worry - fifa only does this for collecting statistical data - which nations are buying the most tickets etc. there is noone checking tickets at the stadium. you also have to put down a credit card when applying so if you make the purchase and get selected for those games, your CC will be hit once you are selected - be sure to give your CC company notice that you made such a purchase - visa called me asking me if i made a $1500 purchase for world cup tix - it had been so long since the purchase was made - i had to think about it for a second what the purchase was before accepting.

i paid face value for the tickets which were $80 for cheap seats and $120 for mid/lower level. For 5 games i paid essentially $440 (4 games at $80 and 1 at $120). The extra tickets that i had due to friends bailing on the trip - i was able to sell for a slight profit but it was not a lay up because you don't get world cup tickets until you get to the airport where they have a kiosk for getting the tickets.

Spending money on everything else - too drunk to remember between the wine tastings, gifts, trips to museums, hiking, dinners, debauchery, buying street art, taxis

so not including extra spending i dropped $4,000 - assume $1,000 in miscellaneous spending over 11 days so total of $5,000 - give or take...

does this help?

keep in mind i booked my hotel stay in south africa nearly 10-11 months before the trip because i chose to pick tickets for individual games where i knew the location of the games but did not know the participants of the games. if you are going to follow a country (such as Colombia) booking travel and hotels will be trickier and patience on your part. especially if you plan on going to 3 games during the group stages in 10 days.

if you want ultimate flexibilty with your travels during the world cup - do not sign up for a package deal unless it caters to your every request. i looked into them for south africa and they were not that flexible - at least for me they were not...

just something to think about...

TeSo, Lucas... and Azucarero repped this.
  7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Very informative. Rep

8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    thanks - i actually kept all my emails from 2009-2010 in a separate folder so i can retrace how i planned that trip; so it was a nice trip down memory lane :)

i actually have a funny story about how my hotel in joburg got burnt by lightning the week before the world cup. good thing i wasn't there for that!

9. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El problema en brazil va a ser viajar de ciudad a ciudad... Todos los equipos van a estar en una ciudad diferente para cada partido ... Y la clave es comprar todo con anticipacion... Lo jodido van hacer las boletas porque eso es una loteria como dices tu ...

10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    exactly - my early thoughts are to go to two cities at the most and spend quality time there as opposed to going to 3 diferent cities in 10 days. i have a feeling i will end up losing a full day due to travelling within the country - unless i do a 6 am flight intra-country.

which then brings me to a dilemma - do i want to try and get colombia only tickets or should i go for tickets for individual games. i have a feeling since it's in brazil there will be lots colombians from colombia looking to get tickets in addition to the colombians in the US who would like to travel to brazil.

the law of averages tell me that it may be a tough ticket to get - i have several months to decide what ticket strategy i will go for...

11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

ALL GREAT INFO!!:thumbsup:

That's more like it $5,000 sounds more than reasonable. Part of the key sounds like finding the right 'crew' ahead of time, 2-3 friends that can help split costs and accommodations. This also helps for safety reasons. I remember landing in Caracas for Copa 2007 and in hindsight pretty fortunate that I didnt get robbed at the outside area of teh airport considering I arrived at about 10 pm with no one even around to guide me.

I'll be happy to spend 6-8 days on the trip but like you said it sounds like it may work best to maybe catch one Colombia match and then figure out or so random games. I know Brazil is going to be in party mode no matter where you go.

So are you 100% planning to go next year? You leave out of JFK? I'm in Norther NJ.

Furnaccio repped this.
  12. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yes - 100% will be going.

flying out of JFK makes the most sense. i'm in NYC.

13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    so do you already have a 'crew' that's going with you or will you just buy the tix ahead of time and figure it out?

14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yes to both questions...hahaha
    last year i had a group of 5 one year before the world cup that became 2 by end of 2009.

15. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lo que primero hay que asegurar son las boletas, no se como seria el mierdero para conseguir los de los partidos de Colombia si se llega a clasificar.

16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Just bringing this thread back. Any updates Furnaccio you can share? I'm still looking to go but I dont have any new details or even approached anyone about going.

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    issue is where is Colombia playing. Shit going to be like 5-10k. I don't want to go and see Costa Rica, New Zealand, Venezulea, Croatia

18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you can do one of two things:

when applying for tickets - August 20 you can choose to

1. Follow Colombia and hope the lottery selects for all the Colombia games
    pro - you will get tickets for 3 + Colombia matches
    con- you will most likely have to travel to 3 differeent cities in a short period of time - could add up$$$ between flights, shorter hotel stays, etc.

2. apply for individual #1 seed games - chances are we will end up as a top seed - if you pick a certain stadium where there are several top seed games - there is a possibility you can get to see Colombia play. the A1 games are brazil so you can take them off the list. B1-H1 is essentially a 1 in 7 chance you can catch a colombia game. best case scenario you get an individual colombia game while staying in one city for a period of time. worst case - you get a ticket to see Spain, Portugal, Italy, Argentina, etc. as a live game.

how you apply for tickets is basically dictated by how you will want to travel. me personally - i'm looking to go to 2 cities only over 2 weeks and and catch top seed games live and do soem fun sight seeing.

i haven't booked anything yet, as i am waiting to apply for tickets first and then coordinating my flights, hotels etc.

unless you go through one of those brokers that offer packages, i think anyone can plan a trip on their own, with proper research etc - and maybe having a brazilian friend who can possibly negotiate a good hotel deal over the phone :)

kromekote and Flipmode2000 repped this.
  19. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Where do you apply for the tickets ? I'm on the fifa website and don't see anything on where to apply ?

20. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't know about you guys but for South Africa I checked airfare prices monthly and saw the prices triple in price as it got closer to the tournament. I'm thinking about buying a round trip ticket next month to either Sao Paulo or Rio and then buy my connecting flights in December once the final draw takes place. I checked the game schedule and it looks like all teams will play at 3 different cities, so there will be lots of traveling.

21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

august 20 is when you can apply for tickets....

22. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    In Colombia Ossa & Asociados is offering trips to the WC next year and the minimum price is 14000 USD. FIFA CHUPAME EL HUEVO.

23. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn, when we qualified to the WC and no one told me? o_O

krass repped this.
  24. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    hahahaha

25. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was planning to meet with my father in Medellin and then we headed to Brazil. Of course, depends on which city we get seeded to that we'll know where to go...