World Cup ratifies Boca Juniors as team of the decade

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Jun 26, 2010.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We all know that Boca Juniors is the team of the decade. Five Argentine titles, four Copa Libertadores titles, two Intercontinental titles, two Copa Sudamericana titles, and a Supercopa. Fourteen titles in all.

So it should be no surprise that there are so many Boca Juniors players still playing at the 2010 World Cup. If we include current and former Boca players who not only made the World Cup but survived the first round, we can almost come up with a starting eleven.

........................................Bobadilla (Paraguay)
    Burdisso (Argentina)...Caceres (Paraguay)...Samuel (Argentina)...Morel (Paraguay)
    ......................Medel (Chile).....Veron (Argentina).....Clemente (Argentina)
    ....................................Tevez (Argentina)...Palermo (Argentina)

That's ten players who played at Boca and who are still alive at the World Cup. Am I missing somebody? We could use another midfielder or striker to complete a team.

I wonder if any other club in the world has as many players who played first division football for them still playing at the WC. What about the gayinas? I can only think of six or seven. As usual, they are a few steps behind their Papa.

:D

2. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina