World Cup Qualifiers: Italy vs Spain & Israel

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Aug 27, 2017.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The only other nation outside of Europe who can host the games that are less than 5 years away would be the USA. I can't imagine Italy would be ready by then and they lost a lot of money at Italia 90. I also doubt any other African countries are ready and with the civil unrest in Asia, Korea, Japan not to mention Mexico's earthquake the other day, there is no way any of them can host the games. Maybe, England or France but other than them, I can't name too many who can step in and host the tournament.

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  2. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The United States would have been the most sensible choice out of the bids and from what I remember it would have been chosen if not for the corruption behind the Qatar bid . The last time it was in the States it was a huge success and it would been 28 years in between the last time they hosted should their bid have gone through as it should of. Mexico hosted a WC in 1970 and then 16 years later again as a back up to Colombia. Can't see why the same shouldn't apply here too given the circumstances.

And yes , sorry , I meant the Qatar WC is 5 ( not 7 ) years away.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The awarding and/or voting of the Qatar tournament was rigged and its a losing proposition. . They had no business getting the games anbd I doubt UEFA is happy about it either. The EPL has already stated they wont take a break during the winter and can't imagine too many other leagues wanting to either.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Interestingly, Mexico hosted the tournament a year after their last devastating quake but that was a different time. They currently don't have the stadia nor can they offer the infrastructure the USA has. Unless FIFA is accepting more bribes from the Qatar bid, I don't see how much sense it makes to host games there.

5. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Australia could host it

6. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Argentina, Chile, and Mexico could probably host it as well.

7. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im sure Canada would help the USA out in that emergency situation for 2022 should it arise.

the new president of Concacaf is an italian from Vancouver..so im crossing my fingers for 2026 (when and if Can/USA/Mexico wins the bid) that he fixes some italia games at BC place stadium lol

Rosay repped this.
  8. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    make the Italia games in Toronto and we'll be alright

Deleted User x and Pietro Calcio repped this.
  9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    They'd likely be split between New York/NJ - Giants stadium like in 94 and Tarrana.

Pietro Calcio and Nek Sanalet repped this.
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #535 falvo, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Italy played at Giants , RFK and Foxboro Stadiums during the 1994 WC. They also played the final at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena and I was there! Never got over that one!

As far as Mexico is concerned, I doubt they will give it solely to them again. I also don't think playing during the southern hemispheres winter months in either Australia , Argentina or Chile would be good for FIFA. They did that in South Africa and many players and fans complained about the weather and infrastructure. None of those nations offer the stadia or sponsorship dollars a North American hosted games would.

11. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't care if they are in Canada or the US. Just as east as possible so I can go lol.

And definitely not Mexico lol

Rosay repped this.
  12. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sorry, but those games will definitely be in NYC/NJ. Italy will get the best numbers possible in the tri-state area.

13. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry, but I don't think you've ever been to Toronto then.

Rosay repped this.
  14. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #539 Nek Sanalet, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Census reports put the Italian ancestry population in Toronto at 475,000 (1,500,000 in all of Canada)
    Census reports put Italian ancestry population in New York City at 600,000 (3,200,000 in all of NY)
    Census reports put Italian ancestry population in New Jersey at 1,500,000

And yes, I have been to Toronto.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Like a bunch of fake ass east coast dagos care,

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember a time when there were 500,000 Italians and their direct offspring living in Toronto and Ontario. Not sure how true it is but my cousins living in Niagara Falls on the Canadian side tell me that there are about 80% Italian-Canadians living there.

17. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I was born in Hamilton Ontario. 45 min drive from Toronto. in between Toronto and Niagara Falls actually. Hamilton has the most Italians per capita in all of Canada