World Cup Qualifiers: Italy vs Spain & Israel

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You are always welcomed Sal!

Rosay, phat and totti fan repped this.
  2. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Terrible announcers while watching Europa league today lol. One kept saying how great of a job "super pippo " Inzaghi was doing at Lazio and the other game the announcer can't wait until Cristante joins the Canadian men's national team lol

Rosay, phat and totti fan repped this.
  3. Sarri4emperor

Sarri4emperor New Member

Napoli
    Italy
    Sep 5, 2017
    If the three Italians go far in Europa, that'll give some of these young guys enough international exposure to maybe take the place of a Montolivo or Eder on national team come world cup time.

4. Sarri4emperor

Sarri4emperor New Member

Napoli
    Italy
    Sep 5, 2017
    ..Milan is an interesting team to watch..Andre Silva is going to be a beast..
    some good talent from the Iberian peninsula

5. Sarri4emperor

Sarri4emperor New Member

Napoli
    Italy
    Sep 5, 2017
    misunderstood.....

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  6. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Eder has been scoring goals when he plays and Montolivo hasn't featured regularly for years.
    They're not the problem.

Rosay repped this.
  7. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lol

8. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But how come the Italy threads are always so entertaining.

9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Like the Bar Italia thread, we got dedicated court jesters.

phat repped this.
  10. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's over the top here tho. lol Epic levels.

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think someone here has given their DNA to someone there, lol.

Pietro Calcio and phat repped this.
  12. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    thatta boy

13. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    if you're looking for stooges go no further than the Verratti fan club

14. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Inter is my 2nd favourite...

15. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    you're a piece of shit

16. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
  17. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #517 Pietro Calcio, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    http://www.football-italia.net/109863/italy-slide-fifa-rankings

Thanks Ventura...now we also have to worry about Wales , as they are above us now in the Fifa rankings when it comes to being seeded in pot 1 of the playoffs. Wales will almost certainly finish runners up . France are only one point ahead of Sweden with 2 games left and Poland 3 pts ahead of Montenegro with 2 games as well. When it comes to the playoffs they are going to use the Fifa rankings of October to decide who will end up being seeding in Pot 1 as the first 4 nations. Nations that can possibly end up in the playoffs that would be seeded in pot 1 before us now include France , Poland , either one of Portugal or Switzerland as they are in the same group and now Wales. If all 4 potentials end up as runners up we would be in pot 2 and face one of them. Croatia is also right behind us now too.

Now if we do still somehow manage Pot 1 seeding then this.....

Potential teams that could end up in the pot 2 of the runners up

Croatia , Iceland , Turkey , Sweden , Netherlands, Northern Ireland , Republic of Ireland , Bosnia and Herzegovina , Greece , etc

With Ventura and his stupid 4-2-4 , he is just stupid altogether really , would you feel confident facing some of those teams in a 2 legged knockout with that moron at the helm?

but but but....we beat Israel 1-0 ...at home....bros !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Rankings

This fvckin asshole

http://www.football-italia.net/109827/ventura-‘not-only-results-count’

18. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    failing to make the WC could be a blessing in disguise

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  19. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Weird but i totally agree, it might be the wake up this organization needs but then again we have stubborn old pricks that run the show and Ventura would be offered a 5 year contract.

20. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Like Johnny , I too don't think much would change anyway should that happen. So let us not add yet another bad statistic to pile already onto the recent list of bad records/stats lately and fail to qualify , for the first time since 58 , in the futile hopes that things would change for the better with the FIGC. Because I think we all know it won't until all the geriatrics are gone.

Calcio Pauly and Deleted User x repped this.
  21. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys are you aware that we will not have another proper world cup for a while? 2022 World Cup is in Qatar (a place where slavery is used to be making the stadiums), they even are planning to make it in the winter (in the middle of the season), imagine how horrible that World Cup will be for many teams?

Then 2026 will be extended to 48 teams. I am not happy with the direction these things are going in.

Rosay repped this.
  22. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you were in charge what would you do differently. Unfortunately guys like Tavechio & co just don't have all that much power vis-a-vis club administrators.

Really important that UEFA hit PSG hard for the Neymar debacle because FFP is calcio's only hope atm.

maybe I would have worked harder to keep Conte. But again I think he left b/c he was pissed at the club/country power imbalance and there was nothing Tav cold really do. Finding someone at Conte's level is hard to do. Lot of Ventura's out there.

It would be lol to go back and fish through all the comments from posters who were ecstatic at his appointment.

23. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm just not a fan of coaches that constantly change formations, pick a formation with the best player for that position and stick with it. Look at teams like Spain and Germany, they rarely change anything, this is very frustrating. We need younger coaches with enthusiasm, hopefully people like Gattuso and Inzaghi will continue to gain experience and make a name for themselves. Could you imagine Gattuso firing the squad up?

24. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To be honest I would not mind Luigi Di Biagio taking over this team. People bash him for the U21's but for goodness sake, he has gotten some really important results. Our approach vs Spain in the U21 was really good. We lost because of Gagliardini getting sent off. Even after he got sent off Bernardeschi scored the equalizer for us. Of course we had to push up, but we put up an amazing fight with 1 man down, and don't forget Berardi and Conti were suspended for that game.

Germany U21 beat Spain in the final, who we beat in the group stages.

Luigi Di Biagio might not be a genius, but he would do well with the team, I know it. I even actually like his approach better than Conte's actually. Not saying he is a better manager than Conte, but I really like Di Biagio's approach to games, and style. He really reminds me of Lippi and Donadoni which I believe so many of us are completely exaggerating saying he was horrible. Of Course Di Biagio is not the genius Lippi was but the tactics are really similar.

25. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #525 Pietro Calcio, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    I can guarantee you that the Qatar 2022 WC will not happen due to the combined factors of it being in a nation with poor human rights that run contrary to western ideas of rights , the alcohol dilemma , the potential sponsorship back outs , the fact it would be in December due to summer desert heat and would then coincide with all the European Leagues (specifically the UCL and the EL) , the Islamic issue and how it would affect fans safety and their desire to travel there and above all else the sheer amount of corruption behind it that permitted such a horrible decision to ever happen in the first place. Now keep in mind it's 7 years away so there is plenty of time to rectify the corruption and select a more suitable host by doing a new proper investigation by Infantino while the FBI is also still looking into it last I heard.

Now with Russia , yeah there was plenty of corruption there too , but conveniently for them there might not be enough time really to do a new proper investigation under new Infantino and then select a new host country. Plus Russia is part of UEFA and has already spent tons of money ( as a country that can't really afford to waste that type of money like Qatar ) and as we all know there are factors here that just might allow them to slip through despite what happened leading up to it's selection. In fact I think they are intentionally delaying any further new inquiries/investigations just so they can say they ran out of time with Russia , but with Qatar , that isn't going to happen.

That's just my take though.