World Cup Qualifiers: Italy vs Macedonia and Albania

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Would not work

2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Try putting effort into something yourself rather than complaining about what other people enjoy doing.

Insigne4BalonD'or and Rosay repped this.
  3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah for something that at the end of the day means nothing if the team does not show up to play like the last two world cups we have seen.

It doesnt matter who we face its how we face them.

4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    "Try putting effort into something yourself"

My statement had no subject. Do try putting effort into something, that's all. Then you might not have as much time to complain about everything.

5. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    NOT TRUE !!!

A well organized team like Germany can beat you with any formation.

6. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Actually since the top 2 from each group make it out, I wouldn't mind if they did put us with one of the giants. That's just one less team we'd have to worry about being drawn against in the Round of 16.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  7. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It might push us to second place though. I want to win the group.

8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Because those other countries have tops players who are playing for big clubs who just so happened to be in their 20s. You listed a number of largely unproven players who don't feature for big club. Have them do their job and stand out for their respective clubs, and they'll get a shot. You don't plug in kids who haven't earned anything simply because they're young. FFS they didn't even win anything on the youth level and we're going to make them starters as full internationals and they're all of a sudden going to be world beaters?

Falc repped this.
  9. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I personally would want Germany or France, this would help us avoid either of them in the R16. Also means we can't get paired with another European team in pot 3 or 4 and all that's left from that list of pot 3 teams are Costa Rica and Tunisia. I know Costa Rica beat us last last time but I'd like to think it'd be different this time around.

10. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Most of the players i listed are playing on a regular basis, we have plenty of talent and this "prove yourself" mentality is complete BS. These are players that have talent and have shown it time and time again especially during the U matches. Players in their mid 30's have no business being on the NT team, stop being a selfish prick and retire so younger guys can get in there. We can't be waiting until players are in their late 20's to figure out they have talent. I don't see what's so difficult to understand here, you're old and mediocre at best, i'd much have a young hungry player with heart in there.

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Nonsense. The younger guys have to prove themselves on club level, get on top sides, and then they'll get on top sides which will justify their selection to the NT, just like it's done on other top NT sides. Show me which Spain, Brazil, Germany players are playing for minnows. You don't use the NT to develop players.

I'm still waiting to hear what mediocre player from a midtable team would make the difference for the NT, or who he should sub off.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With the Serie A, CL and EL resuming play, is anyone really thinking about the national team right now?

13. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not too many club fans or fan clubs in Italy are right now. Although that will change next month.

15. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    We are in a predicament. And next week is the draw.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have a feeling Italy will end up playing either Ireland or Northern Ireland.

17. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Same here. I've been thinking Northern Ireland for a while.

18. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wouldn't mind Northern Ireland, but I hope we don't get Ireland. Yes Northern Ireland are tough and not to be underestimated, but its not like any team will be a piece of cake.