World Cup Qualifier Asian one 3rd round

Discussion in 'China' started by Zhou Botong, Nov 18, 2007.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    for some of the higher fifa ranking teams:
    here are the results.

china 0-0 australia
    kuwait 2-2 iran (iran finally stopped their striking crisis)
    north korea 0-0 south korea
    bahrain (michael jackson's crib) 1-0 japan
    uzbekistan 3-0 saudi arabia

mmm not soo good.

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    and i realize the following:

if we score the penalty.
    people will say we bribed the ref and we play shaolin soccer etc.

if we don't score the penalty.
    people will say we still bribed the ref and we can't even shoot.

i feel something bad gonna happen if china actually win the world cup

3. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    oh.

4. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    word.

but its okay, most posters on these asian boards define dull and moronic. ever took a look at the all asia forum? if you're ever down, look there for a laugh ;)

5. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    FWIW, this Aussie doesn't think the ref was bribed, just an idiot.

6. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Don't feel bad. Let some of the Australians cry.

7. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Thank you. I agree also.

I said about 10 times that the Sun Jihai tackle deserved a yellow/red. But you'll see those kind of tackles in every league in the world every week. Just that when its China, there's always a bribed ref involved :p

8. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well, what are sports forums without conspiracy theories? I'm just glad it's China getting all the accusations this time around, not us ;)

9. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Aussies are gonna go through to the next round, it's pointless to talk about them.

I still don't think we can make it to the next round. To advance, we have to win both games vs Qatar and at home vs Iraq, and I don't think we can win all 3. For sure we will lose in Australia, there's not if or buts there.

10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    iraq - asian cup 2007 winner
    australia - harry kewell, tim cahill etc.
    qatar - Team Qatar featuring Brazilian Brothers

not good..not good..

i expect china will lose 0-1 to qatar

just like losing 0-1 to kuwait in world cup 2006 qualifiers :(

11. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can you honestly see that happening anytime soon? :D

For the record, i think the penalty was 50/50. The tackle on Archie Thompson was pretty bad, i've seen red cards given for similar. The tackle on Wilkshire was attrocious, definitely should have been a straight red.

I honestly don't think that there are any conspiracy theories out there to get China through to the WC, i just think that the guy is just a poor ref.

12. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    lololol if Australia wasn't playing with 2/3 of the NT of rugby, china will not be forced to dive, but ur league si a copy of England, barbarians players on a field with a referee who just on the middle for the fun, now your playing in asia, referee suck coz the blow the withsle (not sure if is correct :p) when u tackle someone by behind and that make you sick, go back in your poor continent of oceania playing with you island teams like tonga, NZ, thaiti, New caledonia and salomon island, like that u will feel powerfull. Im ok with red card for Sun Jihai the challenge was very hard, but how many timles your players did that in yur league or in Uk and nothing happen, so please stop to cry and admit that your team suck and were just lucky to leave with a draw, coz with only one real opportunity during all the match for a team who pretend be superior that a hell of joke. You've been shock when Iraq kick your ass out of AC 07, that disapointed you? for me was really nice to see the wallabies crying coz already before the competition they were arogant, to sure of them self, "we gonna crush everyone, we gonna lift the cup" ahahah, of course u made better than china, but at the end what is worth is not to win all and lose during the 1/4 round or 1/2, is to go all the way down to win. Australia = NEw england patriots, big mouth, but at the end losers. And you better think that next time china will play your team in Tibet if need and they will loan tent for your players instead of an hotel rooms, coz crying for a such thing is childlish.

I really hope next match Iraq gonna kick you gaain for you to learn a lesson that your r not welcome in asia

and sorry if i shock you wezza but was not pointed in your direction, coz i apreciate your comment ;)

13. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well i think we play some good fotball out there yesterday. Shortpassing has improved, not so sure about the long passes tho. We had a couple of chances and we missed them all (surprise!). Anyway im still wondering why Dujkovic uses two forwards as wingers? Jiang Ning clearly can´t cross. Zhu Ting was decent. We do have functional wingers available do we? Hao Junmin, Du Zhenyu, Wang Dong why not use them and let our forwards be forwards.

14. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Now I don't know how much of an improvement Wang Dong would be ;) But Du Zhenyu should have been on... I'm still scratching my head on that one. Jiang Ning was essentially useless on that left wing. I think at least the Zhu Ting experiment worked okay. He had that tendency to cut inside and be in the box, which is okay as long as Zhang Shuai stayed in attacking positions (which he does). Only problem would be that there's a hole on the right side, which Li Weifeng and Feng Xiaoting did okay to cover.

If you guys watched the England game yesterday, I'd say at least a substantial number of our long passes worked ;) There's a positive (I... think...?!) Lol

15. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You wouldnt say that if it went in ;)

In theory the middle is the best spot, but it wasnt high enough , when its low the trailing foot can get it and the gk did get it. Shao shot it into the gk, the gk didnt have a chance, wasnt a horrible pk attempt.

And btw for those afraid of Qatar... why!??!?! If we dont have the confidence to beat Qatar then we will not have a chance next round. You have to believe!! And this group is still wide open, kangroos have to go to the middle east twice, no small feat.

16. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LOL i want to believe man.
    everytime i want to believe that china gonna win some nameless team like:

THAILAND, SINGAPORE, KUWAIT

what did we get?
    3-3 for thailand
    draw and last minute penalty for singapore
    and lose to kuwait

china just doesn't have a standard level to play sometimes..
    i rather believe china will only manage a draw rather than burning paper that china will win

17. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    What was all that about???

Your engrish (haha) is as good as your football.

18. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hey Aussie posters, I thought I'd check out this thread to see what had happened, and don't forget, you are guests in this Chinese forum, so please post with a bit of decorum. There's a couple of posts there which went a bit too far, just watch yourselves.

Cheers :)

19. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    and im sure my english is bad as your french is

20. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    thank you captain.

21. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    I just read some posts in the Aussie forum, and I must say... I'm shocked we didn't mention this at all...

Why were we playing so NEGATIVE? I remember thinking during the game, that we weren't pressuring them AT ALL until they were in our half. For a home game (even at this altitude) thats very VERY strange. I haven't watched as many U21 games with Djukovic in charge, but is that his style? I've read before that he likes long balls, but tactically they were totally off that day in hindsight.

22. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Oh snap, the BAD ENGLISH insults. As a proud Frenchman, I'm sure perpignan doesn't give a rat's ass how perfect his English is. Give him a break man ;) Maybe you should look at the joke that was your original post and comment on the engrish there first ;)

Whoops. You missed a spot.

23. Rivadol10

Rivadol10 New Member

Jul 23, 2006
    duijkovic has lost the plot, i dont know if he got very lucky with the Olympics team, or Chen Tao was just better than the rest, and they had great wingers (Wang Xiaolong, Shen Longyuan, etc). He doesn't seem like an attacking coach, the best chances vs Australia were quick counterattacks or a long ball behind their defence to Han Peng or Zhu Ting. But our build up play was so slow, passing around the midfield and actually losing the ball a few times that could've cost us. No movement at all when players dont have the ball, that makes passing very difficult when they are being marked.

24. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    fushida FTW!

25. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You appear to be saying there was some discussion going on there in amongst all the bitter China-bashing? :p

We are a little amazed at the timidity, yes.

Some of those long balls were good, both when we were still getting our heads around the thin atmosphere making 90+ meter goal kicks possible and later when Qu Bo and Shao Jaiyi began to stretch our tiring back line, but that was the play of a team comfortable on top of the table looking to take no risks, not a team that needed points to kickstart a qualifiying campaign.

I always held that moving the game out to Kunming was a bad move as it showed a lack of faith in the players, and the tactics used that day seem to bear this out. There are some serious issues between coach, team and FA that need resolving, I'd say.