World Cup - FIFA Certificate

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Tio Nicci, Apr 18, 2014.

1. crosario

crosario New Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Tampa, Florida
    Miami consulate will not accept anything less than the 'ticket certificate.' Worst case scenario, I will go to Atlanta as supposedly they are accepting email confirmations despite saying on their website that the certificate is needed. I was in the Miami consulate on Friday and email confirmations were not being accepted at all so applied for the regular tourist visa. If something goes wrong with the application, I'm trying to have a backup plan in case I don't get the certificate in the mail.

2. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    go into the consulate and ask them to issue you the visa.
    finito.
    since this is time sensitive, you can be more aggressive.

3. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah that'll work

4. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    I will go to the Miami Consulate this week, I'm only have the email confirmation, like it or not, they will have to accept it :devilish: ;).

5. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    once again: yeah, that'll work

6. canchon

canchon Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give them $160 with it and they will gladly accept it.
    Sorry, only $160 in a USPS Money Order, then they will accept it.

7. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    I will let you know on Thursday afternoon, but I will not spend a dime for the free 3 months Visa :).

8. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    I'm just came back from the Miami Consulate, I was able to get the free (temporary) World Cup Visa with a print screen from my account showing the tickets number and a copy of my email that show the same ticket number + my name on it.

When I left a guy asked me if they had accepted my application without a FIFA Ticket and I said yes, he went yesterday and for some reason they said No to him, he came back today (before me) to process a regular Visa.

Last thing, before they start, I spoke with an employee and explained my situation, when they spoke to FIFA they were told that everybody should get the ticket trough the mail, but I told him that FIFA will not delivery any ticket for people that got their ticket after January/February and he could check that on FIFA's website, he went inside and spoke with somebody and when he came back he told me that it's ok but they will have to verify the name and confirmation number of the tickets. I'm not sure if that's the reason why they starting accepting print out today ;). I was not the only one without a Ticket or Certificate, but remember, make sure that your print out show the Last Phase sale on the right side of the FIFA website and have a copy of your email (FIFA confirmation) that contain your full name on it.

9. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It probably shouldn't be surprising but it's odd that requirements in different cities and countries should be so different for the same document. All I needed for my application in Australia was a printout of my email confirmation from FIFA.

10. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    I've noticed everyone is starting to get their tickets delivered so hopefully this means these "ticket certificates" are also delivered soon for souvenir purposes :)

11. Seoulgirl1

Seoulgirl1 New Member

Dec 11, 2013
    So has *anyone* gotten their ticket certificate yet? Please, someone, give me some hope that it's coming soon.

12. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    I'm going to the Miami consulate tomorrow.

And no, I don't have the "official certificate" either. I just have the e-mail and the screenshots.

THey better not give me trouble. This whole fifa application and everything about it has been a nightmare.

13. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]
    I got it today in the mail.

14. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree... but I think it adds to the experience.. some talking points in the future!

15. sockaplayr

sockaplayr Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Does that even list your guest names? How would they get their free Visa with this certificate?

16. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It doesn't list the guest name(s), only the main applicant and details like ticket request #, passport, DOB, nationality etc.
    I know, it has to be ticket certificate + FIFA account screen shot showing the guest names.

17. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Got mine today for one of the games with tickets I have to pick up in Brazil.

18. Stefan79

Stefan79 Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Will there be a ticket certificate for tickets that are already delivered also?

19. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    no seems like it's either tickets or a certificate (or maybe not even the certificate for those that leave early)

Stefan79 repped this.
  20. Elreydesoccer

Elreydesoccer New Member

May 22, 2014
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    I have been going through this Visa, World Cup certificate fiasco for the past 2 months. My journey began calling Zurich Fifa headquarters last month for the CERTIFICATE. It has been such a waste of time. There is no one in the FIFA ticketing that knows when, where, or how these phantom certificates are mailed. For the Billions that FIFA and Brazil has made, you would think a little piece of paper would be easy. Nope. I have quarterfinal tickets and no CERTIFICATE yet. What a waste of time calling or e-mailing. Im sure Im not the only one. I feel they dont care. People will pay 160 for the VISA with or without tickets as I was told by a FIFA rep. Lets see when we all arrive to Brazil for those who have to pick it up on their locations. Im sure , more of the same. Im going to Miami and see what happens. All this hassle for a piece of paper and ink on a book. Jeez. Have a safe and fun World Cup....

21. SterlingUSMNT

SterlingUSMNT New Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't need the certificate... I've had 7 visas processed for my group without it. 4 in DC, 2 in LA, and 1 in San Francisco, all without incident.

22. borrie

borrie New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Still waiting for my certificate, when should I begin panicking? Hahahah...:(

23. ColoradoUnited

Sep 5, 2007
    Woodland Park, CO
    Club:
    DC United
    Just got my FIFA certificate in the mail on 5/23. This is getting official! Time to get the tin foil ready.

24. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Got home to find 2 certificates in the mail.

Non descript standard mail nothing special other than marked priority.

Wasn't certain as to what they were when i looked them over as wasn't expecting them at all. Thought I may have run foul of a debt collector or some other government bureaucrat trying to screw me around

25. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Only have one out of five certificates so far. I expect to see the rest when I get back from Brazil.