World Cup Expectations & Bosnia's best player in Brazil

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Sudžuka, May 14, 2014.

?

Who will be Bosnia's best player in Brazil?

1. Edin Dzeko

31.3%
  2. Miralem Pjanic

31.3%
  3. Senad Lulic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Emir Spahic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Asmir Begovic

12.5%
  6. Sead Kolasinac

12.5%
  7. Zvjezdan Misimovic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. other(write below)

12.5%
  1. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Alright, so we know the players who are going and the likely line-up, what do you expect and who do you think will be our break-out player...

2. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
    you could have just put down numbers 1 through 24 :D

I think they all will do great - I can't say one will do better than the other - motivation to succeed will be unbelievable!

3. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    10, Muhamed Besic. Kid is exactly what we need if he plays. But I think we will fall just short of second

bosna10 repped this.
  4. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Worst case scenario is we win 2 games but lose on goal differential if Argentina lets Nigeria win

5. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    #5 ABiH12, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
    Dzeko will be the "best" player but Pjanic will be absolutely essential and wont be the first name that pops up to most casual fans cuz goals mean a lot to people not how or why that goal happened.

Realistically a loss to Argentina. A win against Nigeria and an absolute beating handed out to Iran.

My thoughts.
    Argentina game:
    We can very well scrape a point away from Argentina. On our day we could give them a hard time especially on the right wing. Hajrovic, Visca or whoever plays the right side will be key in this game. They dont really have a great LB and we have plenty of good options that could expose that. RM/RB key players.
    Crosses will be key as well considering it will be very difficult to contain Dzeko in the box on set piece crosses or crosses from open play. Dzeko, Lulic, Mujdza, Pjanic, Miske and Hajro/Visca being key players.
    Another key point is set pieces themselves. Do we take the shot from outside 25-30 yards? Do we set up for a cross/ball over the top? I believe we have good options in the air and can hurt them there. Pjanic/Miske being key players.
    The defensive key point is slowing down their attack. You can only slow them down. Cannot stop them. With their options they will definitely get chances but when and how is important. Fouling near midfield will be necessary. Knock em down. Set up defensively and force a long freekick or a short pass and contain/pressure. Besic being the key player.

Nigeria game:
    Must play to our strengths and keep calm. They do indeed possess pace and strength but not great technically nor do they have many threats like Argentina. Neutralizing Obi Mikel will be key. Getting him an early yellow would be a very very helpful moment in that game.
    I dont see them stoping Dzekson on that game. I think he'll shine brightly in that one.
    I also see that game having a lot of fouls so set pieces can be key as well.

Iran game:
    Anything less than a 2 goal victory is a complete failure on that game. They offer no real threat and we clearly have the better team. I see that game being one where Pjanic, Lulic and Medo have quality games. Theyll have space and time to operate smoothly and they excel when given both.

Round of 16 we either get France, Swiss or Ecuador depending on who finishes first. We obviously would hope for an Ecuador 1st place finish as theyre the easier team of the 3. Swiss IMO are a bit overrated and would be 2nd choice to face in Round of 16. France last choice even tho that team seems to have tons of internal problems and we should be confident against them considering we shouldve beat them and Nasri wont be there to win a phantom pk outside the box.

Sudžuka repped this.
  6. Mustafa Filipovic

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Worst case scenario is we loose all games without scoring a single goal. Also Pjanic and Kolasinac breaking their legs that ends their careers as players. Dzeko and Begovic retiring from the national team. Susic ruining his status as a Bosnian football legend. And Arslanagic picking Belgium over us because of our WC performance. :)

7. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Besic for me too.

I don't know how far we'll go but if we give it our all, i think we can end up being top 4 team in the tourney. Very few of those countries scare me. Ok, no pressure boys. :)

8. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Is head-to-head the first tie breaker or GD? Because if it's head-to-head I doubt Argentina would risk finishing second lol. But I guess we would finish tied with Nigeria too and be ahead of them on GD. Idk, that would make things all very interesting

9. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
    GD

followed by number of goals scored

hopefully we can beat Iran by a great margin

if we lose to Argentina lose by only a goal

and if we draw against Nigeria and Nigeria doesn't draw against Argentina we moving on :D

BosnianPapiChulo repped this.
  10. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I have us making it out of the group and beating France on PKs in round of 16 but lose in the quarters

ABiH12 repped this.
  11. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ill cry if that ever happened

12. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    if we dont make it to the finals it should be considered a failure

Falcon BH repped this.
  13. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Can anyone pull up a website for brackets?

I personally think it will be a Brazil-Uruguay final.

14. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
  15. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So...
    1.)Brazil-Netherlands
    Brazil
    2.)Colombia-Italy
    Italy

3.)France-Bosnia
    Bosnia...
    4.)Germany-Russia
    Germany

5.)Spain-Croatia
    Spain
    6.)Uruguay-Ivory Coast
    Uruguay

7.)Argentina-Switzerland
    Argentina
    8.)Belgium-Portugal
    Belgium

Next Stage
    1.) Brazil-Italy
    Brazil
    2.) Germany-Bosnia
    Germany

3.)Spain-Uruguay
    Spain
    4.)Argentina-Belgium
    Argentina

Next Stage
    1.) Brazil-Germany
    Brazil
    2.)Spain-Argentina
    Spain

3rd place game
    Germany-Argentina
    Germany

World Cup final
    Brazil-Spain
    Brazil

This might change as we get closer and after the first game for everyone

16. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #16 trts, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Not sure what to expect. We were fortunate to have an easy qualifying group, we've shown some flashes of greatness in the last couple years, we don't have a strong enough defense to play with the big boys just yet, we're not a deep team, we have an incompetent coach, we've never played at a big tournament before, it's in South America, two of our three opponents are unpredictable and so awe, we have the baksuz factor working against us, etc. etc. ... So it's some positives and some negatives. I wouldn't be shocked if we managed a draw against Argentina, but lose against one or two remaining opponents. It's a cliche, but I'll just take it one game at a time and will enjoy our first WC as much as possible. I wish I was there to watch it, but maybe next time.

I voted for Pjanic because I think he's our most talented player and will be the difference maker, but most people wouldn't notice it because he's not the one scoring goals.

Mustafa Filipovic and bosna10 repped this.
  17. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Honestly I don't think you guys understand what a beast we acquired for our XI in Muha

18. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Slovakia's Goalie is playing for us?

Mustafa Filipovic repped this.
  19. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    You know who i was talking about ;)

20. Mustafa Filipovic

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    [​IMG]
    Agree... what a beast!!!

LGRod repped this.
  21. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Semi finals, best player - vrsajevic.

Game tied 2-2, overtime, runs at defender, scares him enough for him to lose concentration, scoops the ball up, scares the goalie, scores on an open goal. Susic pulls his back trying to imitate Mourinho.

"joj, jebem ti leđa, boli leđa, brzo pipi, donesi mi leda!"

spuzzaccute, čarobnjak and podrinje repped this.
  22. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I do think Argentina will easily top the group. However I do think Bosnia has a good shot to be the runner up and get out of the group.