World Cup Anticipation News, Feb–May 2019

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by sbahnhof, Feb 9, 2019.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Spain-Japan 1-1 FT.

Japan scored in second half with Sugasawa.

2. I hope we can show world wide again the Orange March of the Orange fans heading towards the matches and hopefully the final.
    Charkov:
    [​IMG]

Women Euro to the Doetinchem stadium:
    [​IMG]

:DTrying to do your work in the middle of the Orange march:

L'orange, kolabear and CoachJon repped this.
  3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    hotjam2 repped this.
  4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    your right, they can improve! but if ONLY based on the last two score lines(3-0, 7-0 vs Chile), they look like the best team in the world right now with the US a close 2nd.
    in ti
    I mean the US beat AUS by only two(5-3) & Chile, 4-0 in their last encoutners

then looking at the other top ranked squads recent games

#2 Germany only managed a 2-0 win over Chile,

#3 England lost to New Zealand(whio the US blew apart 5-0 a week ago)

#4 France only managed a 3-1 win over Thailand(a team that got blown away by Belguim yesterday, 6-1, who Jill Ellis/US obliterated a week before

#5 Canada, not sure if they understand the rule book; someone else other than Chrstine Sinclair is allowed to take shots & score.....ehh?

but as I've mentioned before maybe the other teams are saving(or hiding) their best for last?

CoachJon repped this.
  5. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #130 kolabear, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Somewhat long for the casual fan but I suppose it could be broken into groups.

No Martens for Netherlands?! Has playing for Barcelona stunted her growth? Someone on Twitter last year posted a video captioned "Dutch girls doing Cruyff turns like it's 1974" I think it featured Martens, van de Donk, and one other. Overall, one of the most entertaining teams and they now have a big Orange following of fans in the stands

I've been picking Majri first, but Cascarino's a good choice, too.

For Brazil I've aimed at the American fans by picking Debinha, Andressinha, and Camila because they play in the NWSL and they do have wonderful qualities (although All White Kit's Chris Henderson thinks Camila's been awful since coming back from injury)

Everyone's all over the board on Germany - I've heard Popp as well as Melanie Leupolz.

Foord over Kerr for Australia? Really? Everyone's going to ignore that!

I look forward to seeing Cuthbert for Scotland (where I'll already be keeping an eye on Kim Little) and Paredes for Spain (where I'll regret not seeing Vero Boquete and the league MVP from Atletico Madrid whose name escapes me at the moment)

ADD: Cuthbert and Jessie Fleming could both be added to the U-21 list, right?

CoachJon repped this.
  6. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #131 Lechus7, Jun 2, 2019
    I guess that's Nadeshiko fan in me, tend to value creative midfildiers over good finishers.
    Yes, somehow I forgot how young they both are. Fleming was playing in Rio Olympics 3 years ago - that probably misled me the most ;)

CoachJon and kolabear repped this.
  7. https://www.ad.nl/wk-vrouwenvoetbal/b-team-leeuwinnen-wint-opnieuw-van-australie~aabc5c70/
    The Orange Lionesses reserves against the Aussi reserves did a repeat of the winning Saturday.
    ‘B-team’ Leeuwinnen wint opnieuw van Australië

Een dag na de gewonnen oefeninterland in Eindhoven hebben de Nederlandse voetbalsters wederom Australië verslagen. Beide landen troffen elkaar zondag op het complex van de KNVB in Zeist voor een besloten trainingswedstrijd waarin voornamelijk de reserves van gisteren in actie kwamen. De ‘Leeuwinnen’ wonnen met 3-1.

"B-team" Lionesses beat Australia again

A day after the won friendly sparring match in Eindhoven, the Dutch women football players again beat Australia. Both countries met each other on Sunday at the KNVB complex in Zeist for a closed training match in which mainly the reserves of yesterday came into action. The "Lionesses" won 3-1.

CoachJon and Lechus7 repped this.
  8. [​IMG]
    © BSR Agency
    Peptalk before the Saturday match kicked off.

sbahnhof repped this.
  9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #134 Lechus7, Jun 2, 2019
    Oh my...after 21 minutes Norway already 4-0 against South Africa.o_O

EDIT: 5-0 at HT

but

match started 30 min late

59Amerinorsk and jnielsen repped this.
  10. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Would love to see a replay of The Netherlands vs. Australia if anyone can find one. I will look as well, of course! Tks.

11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Heard Argentina are playing a warm-up friendly against a touring team tomorrow. Nothing official so far.

blissett repped this.
  12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    odd list since it's obviously not mean't to be the ten best players, but then it has a strange combo of semi faded vets with newbies that don't look all that good. I would go more with

Kerr
    Miedema
    Cuthbert
    Diani
    Endler
    Daly
    Heath
    Nakajma
    Bonesera
    Lawrence
    (agree though with Hansen)

I believe that coaching will be the most important factor on who's going to win the WC(rather than any individual player). So look out for Wiegmann(Dutch coach). One interesting tidbit; except for the current French one, every coach that's been able to beat Jill Ellis(and there's been plenty) has been fired from their job. Makes you wonder if a lil black magic will to come into play?

CoachJon, kolabear and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  13. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, no! There's no black magic.
    The only coach that can beat Jill Ellis is Jill Ellis. LOL!

CoachJon, kolabear and jnielsen repped this.
  14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mod request. Could you all start moving specific team posts to the relevant group threads? I'm going to open a new, general thread for things like discussion attendance or best player, media coverage and such.

Going to keep this open for now, but it will be closed on June 7.

kolabear and blissett repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    One day, I'll end calling her Bonesera too, after seeing you call her this way so often on these boards. :rolleyes:

You always like when I correct your spelling, don't you, @hotjam2? But at least with players you obviously appreciate, as Bonansea, you could make a little effort! :p

16. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    nice documentary on the English Lioness

not so nice is they got beaten by the Ferns

CoachJon and mzbats repped this.
  18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    just found this youtube channel for the Reggie Girlz. They've been showing all their games live or on replay. Hopefully they cab survive the scourge of the FIFA internet police & their WC games as well
    JFFLIVE - YouTube