World Cup 2022 Coming to USA After All? Zwanziger works to strip Qatar of 2022 World Cup

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by wdepner, Dec 5, 2011.

1. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Its ridiculous, every country has the right to do the WC, Qatar deserve the chance, doesnt matter uf they have never been in a WC. Qatar has it difficult to go to the WC, rivals like Australia, Japan, S.Korea are difficult... USA goes to the WC because they play in the concacrap, so doesnt matter if they have never been in a WC.

2. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3htOCjafTc&ob=av2e"]Nelly - Over And Over ft. Tim McGraw - YouTube[/ame]

Peace and Harmony ya'll

3. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While it's true that Qatar has a tough path, the US would certainly qualify in Asia as well. Qatar hasn't made a world cup because they aren't that good.

4. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    qatar would beat usa

5. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    On what planet did you dream that line up!?

What an earth where you smoking!?

Oh, wait...

Meh. Nevermind. You go back to playing with the boxes your toys came in.

6. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Visca's only purpose on these boards is to troll American soccer. It's all he does.

7. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the problem is that you guys always want to hear to good and beautiful things and when i come here to give my opinion you say iam trolling, my purpose is not to troll, is what I think and if I think that qatar can beat usa then sorry for you, you will not always get beautiful comments about football in your country.

8. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Regardless of the fact that it's hard (due to the sheer number of federations) to qualify in Asia if you're not Iran or from the Far East, Qatar is nowhere NEAR good enough to qualify on merit if Asia had 10 full spots. Thus, your silly comparison here is completely invalid.

Qatar wouldn't qualify in CONCACAF, either. The US, meanwhile, at least finished third once and participated in 3 others before being awarded the Finals in 1994.

9. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    ^This has nothing to do with this:

...unless you're trolling, because it's patently ridiculous. I'm not so sure Colombia could win 5 out of 10 times vs. the US on neutral soil.

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Usa goes to WC because the concacaf is the worst football in the world

11. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Qatar has a long term project, they got far this qualifications and their level has increased, this because the people have an ilusion with the WC. Iam sure that qatar can give a hard game to colombia and to the USA, USA is not spain or germany.
    is the same thing, you want me to say "oh football in usa is the best and you guys are the best nt and mls is a good league", Iam not gonna lie to myself, and Colombia is totally capable of beating USA 10 times in Venezuela in Canada and in Mongolia.

USA will share the last place with Bolivia if they move to conmebol, and if colombia move to concacrap we will go to all the world cups in history.

12. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Can anyone decode this gibberish? All I can get from it is that Qatar is OK because they try hard.

You are correct. The USA is not Spain or Germany. I did not say they are. Have you seen the football played in the Gulf? Have you seen Qatar actually play? I have. It's terrible. On occasion, they can pip someone decent, like Saudi or Japan. But it's rare. Most of the time, they play with the speed and technique of an elite Sunday League recreational team.

Absolutely no-one asked you to do that. Stop making shit up.

You're full of santorum.

Again, the second statement is more than likely correct, as long as CONCACAF retains 3.5-4 places. The first is utter lunacy, though it would be a tough slog for sure.

1 person likes this.
  13. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Iam saying all this of qatar because I follow qatari football, so yeah, qatar is at the same level of the USA in football, maybe not at baseball or hockey.

14. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh really? You follow Qatari football? And they are on the same level as the United States?

I'd love to hear you explain how that works. I'd also love for you to educate us all on the Qatari national team.

No one here has ever said the US has the best team in the world. No one has ever said we were on the same level as Germany. Your trolling gets tired.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Stop the racism against muslims, qatari are people with football quality....

16. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I'm pretty sure intentional lying is a violation of the TOS.

17. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Qatari football is of a poor standard = racism against Muslims?

You must also then subscribe to the following:

I think President Obama is incompetent and a statist asshole = racism against blacks

You and your pal have santorum all over you. This, of course, makes me racist against Colombians.

18. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Iam not trolling, is the truth, is that for you guys any comment against football in the usa is trolling. My opinion is that qatar plays better than usa and iam not going to explain nothing here because iam not a clown.

19. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  20. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    No one said that. Stop lying.

I think "clown" is an entirely inadequate descriptor. You are much, much more than a clown. That is not a compliment.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Colombia is more that drugs and coffee, timon I'm proud of be black and colombian! respect my country I'm human begin like you

22. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You might be the dumbest human being on earth.

Or the most dishonest.

Either way, you're the only person who said anything like this:
    I haven't the foggiest idea why you even brought that up. Unless you're being a lying piece of shit troll.

23. madmatt621

madmatt621 Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we get a friendly with USA vs. Qatar in a domed or retrac-roof stadium in the U.S.?

Pleeeeeeeeease?

24. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're pretty off-topic not to mention there's no winner in this argument. It's about hosting a WC not playing two teams against each other. But then again I'd be surprised if FIFA reversed the Qatar ruling.

Visca, or anyone, if you're going to make ballsy claims you need to be more elegant than just say "x team would be y team" and leave it at that. That's why people think you're trolling, which is an understandable tag looking from the outside.

25. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUW8wFOytiY"]Andres Escobar Own Goal in 94 World Cup - YouTube[/ame]