World Cup 2018 - Who will you watch?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by St. Michael's Sword, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Alex101

Alex101 Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Rather not qualify then do what france do.

We still have 4...and it didnt take us 68 years to win our first wc.

Enjoy your terrorist attacks btw, while your dumbass president kisses the wc throphy there is blood on the french streets

Deleted User x repped this.
  2. krakdol

krakdol Member

PSG
    France
    Jul 18, 2018
    2 of your wins are from 1930s though... It's more like 2-2 recently.

We live happily in France, terror is mostly in your head. A drop in the bucket.

We just celebrated the World Cup. There were thousands of white and black people partying together in Paris streets.

Why aren't they afraid of terrorism if things are so bad ? Where is the blood you're talking about ? Zero terrorist attacks in months...

Black people are just like you and me, just a different skin. I hope you'll undestand that one day.

If our country is as badly damaged as you think because of multiculturalism, they why are we more successful both in sport and in economy than others ?

Unless... multiculturalism actually makes us better ? Go figure.

Dage repped this.
  3. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    there's the door troll.

[​IMG]

johnny6, Deleted User x, Rosay and 3 others repped this.
  4. Alex101

Alex101 Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Pietro Calcio repped this.
  5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If they had any sense they wouldn’t play for a country that fckrd their homelands up to the point they gotta go on rafts to get a better life.

Also to be fair Italy has used oriundi....

Alex101 repped this.
  6. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I fail to see your point on the racism part. Not entirely sure where you're going with that. But...if, on some planet, you were really good and Spain wanted you and France did not, you'd certainly play for Spain. That's how it works in the real world.

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  7. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You can't change history to suit your preference. Italy won them then when teams then where all playing in the same era. So best then, best now, none of it matters.

Pietro Calcio and Rosay repped this.
  8. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    French immigrants and their immediate descendants make up 19% of the population. So about 1 in 5 people in France are of immigrant stock (holy fvck!!). In Italy the equivalent figure is 7.5%.

This in a country that is extremely nationalistic, so much so that they actually set up a committee to protect the French language from foreign influences.

Stop drinking the kool-aid krakhead your government is crushloading your economy with cheap labour to keep labour costs down and importing customers to increase sales so lazy corporate executives don't have to actually try and innovate to increase market share anymore. Meanwhile the liberal elites who run the media machine continue to shove the multiculturalism line down your throat (despite never actually having ever setting foot in a migrant neighbourhood) while living standards continue to erode for the average Frenchie whose wages are going backwards, schools, hospitals and roads are getting more crowded and they probably don't even recognise their local community anymore. Is it wonder they're rioting in the streets

But at least you won the World Cup right? LOL.

Rosay, 'Uaglio and Deleted User x repped this.
  9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    7.5 in Italy ? Always thought it was higher. I wonder how many of those of immigrant decent had parents that got into France legally.

10. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
  11. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    The French are colonialist slave trading bastards. But please keep telling others that they're racist.

Are your people still taxing "your" African colonies in 2018?

Pietro Calcio and calabrese8 repped this.
  12. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you think it's higher because you are racist.

13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
  14. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #589 Gilbertsson, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    When I see French players, it's easy to notice some things. They all sing French national anthem, majority of them took French flags and waved with them on the pitch. On the other hand, in audience, among French fans, you see only French people, whose origins are French, not from previous colonies.
    Also, these incidents in France, it seems that new settlers started something, against establishment. We saw it before several years in Clichy.
    The great-grandfather of Christian Karembeu participated in one cruel exhibition. This was in 1931. His ancestor was represented as cannibal. After 8 years, WWII started, nationalism in many states erupted. And these consequences we still see...people are still divided. We see Cold War II, Iron Curtain, a lot of similarities like in previous decades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Karembeu

I also read here about the dignity, why their descendants play for the team which chased their ancestors. I think that only few reasons exist: money, French development and spite...in sense, you destroyed us, but we keep your football, basketball on high level. Now you will pay us for that. Majority of marriages look like this: man - migrant person and woman - domestic with citizenship, with solid financial background.

The only reason is money....nothing else. Also, their countries got independence from France, but they haven't evolved in some major impact states...so these players in France just think: "Hm...my country got independence before 40-50 years, but they are divided in personal interests, tribal differences...but here in France, I live great, I have all opportunities".
    It's easy to love Italy...but is it easy to adore states who don't have drinking water, who are surrounded with sand, corruption, danger? Many people who came in France, got their salvation, objective thought, they would struggle or die in some wars...
    News don't show this, but there are many wars in the world who are out-of-sight. There is no interest for them, no natural resources, so no one can't satisfy their greedy nature.
    If someone came from such state in France, or anywhere in Europe...he thanks God, that he is saved...probably he dislikes France or any other European country, because of their behaviour through centuries, during the colonial period.

Example, if I was born in Burkina Faso, or Burundi...what kind of life would I have...2$ per week? 10 litres of water in one month? One shoes, which I got for my sixth birthday, and I still carry them around, because they are the foot size of my father.:cool: They don't watch, is it Armani or Hugo Boss...:D
    For sure, I would try to escape from such country, probably I would have 6 brothers or sisters, parents, aunts, lazy uncle who talks about the life...that's 10-15 people...and if someone accepts us in Europe, provides to us at least 1800$ per person when we all become older...that's the gold mine for such family. 1800$ x 15 people - 27 000$ per month.

Of course, they would work low paid jobs, which Europeans don't want to work...
    That's why such states have economic development, low paid and hard jobs for large amount of people.

Many French people that I know, they don't like these migration processes. Many stores, shops in Marseille were closed and French people went up in the hills, to live in their houses, while migrants live in parks, on the streets.

There is no real love, real multicultural society, that Krakdol tries to promote.:D
    Only the matter of interest: if I can use you as an bricklayer, textile worker, factory worker, hard iron worker, basketball player, tennis player, agricultural worker, footballer, even lawyer, banker...I will use you, because it's good for my country...

You think that real French residents work in car industry, where they match all those heavy pieces...or do they work in the fields, or as an construction workers? No, they don't.

These footballers or anyone who made success in French society, he is grateful, that he is not one of those fruit or vegetables pickers, bricklayer managers...but deep inside, they are all aware of history. I don't see French politicians from Mauritania...I don't see bank clerks or managers from Gambia, Chad...

I noticed that English, French players sing these national anthems, but Khedira, Ozil don't sing German national anthem.

But it's strange how people forget, what happened to their ancestors and they behave like nothing happened...but on the other hand, it's understandable, because these people still suffer after decades passed since their independence. We can't blame Europeans for everything now...if something bad happens in Africa, Asia...

Europeans developed Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa...Canada, USA...it's not all negative...many architect wonders in Central America, South America were created with assistance of Spain, Portugal, today these places are tourist sights, like Cuzco, Mexico and many other cities.

If France had economic development like Moldova, Ukraine, I wonder would anyone came from Gambia, Mali, Chad, Senegal? I doubt.:)

Krakdol tries to speak nice, but he also skips wisely several important circumstances.
    I wonder, if Krakdol has one nice and large warehouse, or large fields of corn, cereals, cherries, oranges, who would work there? I'm not trying to be humoristic, it's an serious question. Every businessman asks cheaper labour force...there are no feelings, empathy around that.

Thanks to migration process, France today has excellent economy, 35 hour working week...that's why Germany accepted so many people in last few years.
    Higher economical societies have their growth, because of migrants, not because some extreme multicultural life.

I wonder would Krakdol live in Little Africa, Paris, share everyday business, social and educational life? When some state accepts so many people from different areas, it's not because of humanity, desire to help...it's all about money, tax, state cash, state functioning...

Countries that have 90% of only one nation, they must work until their 67th year...because many pension funds got crushed, construction business went down, real estate market went down, these people don't want to pick cucumbers, apples, collect potatoes and corn, work with domestic animals at farms.

When 2 million of people enters in one state x tax for the state...that means overall development. In many countries who don't have migrants, schools become closed, villages extinct and cities become old...no one cares any more about tourist sights, legacy...:)

European societies became too lazy to implement innovative effects. Entire trading and production industry is in Asia...Asian companies came in Africa to exploit these societies and their resources just like Europeans did before. Nothing has changed, only new languages came on the scene..Europeans are happy today, if they get jobs in hotels, resorts in Asia. Of course, they work high paid jobs, because they are educated, but Europe has no enough strength.
    They can only return in colonial past, but this would be under critical tones.:D

But I am sure that large European companies still have businesses in their ex-colonies, in sense...we are here for you...in this sensitive transition moments after you got your independence. Cheap labour force is still present like before.

Society in South Africa is still divided, nothing has changed...

15. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    People still confuse oriundi vs. foreigners born on Italian soil. Oriundi have Italian blood and ancestors and therefore under the laws of Italy (jus sanguinis) they can acquire Italian citizenship. Those are the players Italy has used in the past. 1 in 2006, none in 1982, barely 1 in 1938, and a couple in 1934. (The ones in the 30s were primarily first generation Italians in Argentina). So, let's set the record straight on that.

The French abused and exploited their colonies for decades. They still do in many ways. Integration for immigrants and children of immigrants hasn't been easy. The rosy picture Crack-doll tries to paint is mostly a fiction. If these immigrants and children of immigrants have assimilated to France so well, then why are there over 20 French born players in this World Cup playing for other countries (ie. Tunisia, Morocco, Senegal, etc.)

The truth is that this is a complicated issue. For Crack-doll to be coming on this forum spewing charges of racism (which is intellectually lazy) shows me that he must have some sort of inferiority complex about French football. He'll be the first to run and hide when Italy lift up another trophy and France goes home. Show some dignity when you win. Here's a team that was outplayed for much of the Final and received some dubious gifts from the referee and they come on here lecturing us??

16. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Not really. Griezmann (Alsace German - Portuguese), Varane (Martinique), Lloris (Catalan) and Hernandez (Spain).
    Only Pavard and Thauvin.
    Nzonzi, Varane, Dembele, Tolisso, maybe Sidibe, Hernandez - French mothers.
    Both grandmothers of Giroud are Italian. Parental side is French.
    France had a lot of players with Spanish heritage. Kopa is Polish in fact. Also, Italians, and Corsicans..

17. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    What's interesting is that if you look at the Uruguayan and Argentinian sides that won World Cups, they are inundated with Italian players. Heck, in the famous 1950 Final, the Uruguayan scorers were Schiaffino and Ghiggia. Maybe we should start saying that Italians have lifted the World Cup 8 times LOL

18. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #593 Gilbertsson, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Godin is French.:D
    In handball, France has similar situation. Top team in several generations.
    It surprises me how well they play for France...like they are there for several centuries. On the other hand, teams who have majority among residents, they play weak or boring.

France handball team: they have everything, Olympics, World Cups, EURO's.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_national_handball_team

They launched children of immigrants in early 90's and now we see their success.

1930 WC Squads:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1930_FIFA_World_Cup_squads

Brazil, 1934:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heitor_Canalli

Captain of Argentina in 1934:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfredo_Devincenzi

19. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  20. krakdol

krakdol Member

PSG
    France
    Jul 18, 2018
    So many stupid things here. France has zero economical problem (our state borrows money well below 0% rate on 10 years, like Germany and unlike Italy which is deeply in debt), especially compared to Italy, so multiculturalism definitely didn't hurt us at all.

Life is very peaceful here (and in Italy too actually), you shouldn't believe Fox News and Donald Trump tweets, that's only for idiots. We have good food and beautiful landscapes, like Italy. (I only know Roma but I liked it a lot).

There have been very few victims from terrorism, and zero in months... Car deaths make hundreds of times more victims every year than terrorists did in the whole century. Terrorism is irrelevant and already fading fast now that ISIS is dead too.

Of course having more people from foreign heritage is due to colonialism. So what ? It's been over for dozens of years, they're born French. What should we do ? Send them back to their ancestors' country they usually don't even know ? Doesn't make much sense. It's over, everybody moved on. Michael Jordan won't go back to Africa either, he's born in the US.

The fact that you have also lots of French players playing for other countries (Morocco, Algeria) simply means they weren't good enough to play for France.

Basically, the best ones chose to play for France (only exception I know is maybe Drogba who chose Ivory Coast but was still a big fan of France team) and otherwise they chose smaller countries.

It's logical : if you're good you want to play in the best team and win trophies, but if you're not good enough, it makes sense you still want to go to the world cup or play a bit of international football.

There are very few problems in France with black people and muslims. I work in a big state company with black people and lots of muslims, we're all friends and there is zero problem. They're not different to white people / christians.

It's true there are still a few zones with poor people mostly sons of migrants (northern suburbs of Paris = Seine St Denis, and around Lyon and Marseille), but it's like everywhere else actually...

Dage repped this.
  21. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok...and ....finito...si?

ou oui?

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I guess you didn’t like what Trevor Noah said huh

23. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    this song came out 2 world cups too early.

ps... might be the greatest opening video to a music video ever

totti fan repped this.
  24. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #599 Gilbertsson, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    You missed my point. Multicultural society Helped France in development. Lower financial incomes for the newly arrived people in the last 30 decades. They took the jobs that French people didn't want to work. Similar is in all developed countries.
    That's why you have a nice food, because you don't import almost anything. But workers on these fields are mostly newly arrived people. For the great development someone needs to lead, someone needs to be used. There are no equal societies.
    Now we ended in psychological area. Those people who came in Europe, they fled from desperate societies, they wanted independence, but the never evolved gradually. Many people will say that the colonial past was much better in Africa, Asia, because order was created, railway came, infrastructure. Today's railway is the same just like in early 20th century in those countries. I already mentioned...if I was born in Mauritania or Mali, I would like to live in Europe. I would walk through the desert if I had to. That's how people think, they rather accept cruelty against their ancestors from the colonial states and leave in colonial states. But they dislike everyday reality in newly independent states after the colonial era. Many analytical studies show that it's even worse or the same, it's not better.
    Migrant people from Africa were excluded in 80's, they also lived in Europe since 60's, 70's, 80's. In 90's these things had changed. I am not including migrants from European countries in other European countries. All those French players who play for African countries, they were not good for France. So, you answered indirectly alone. They play for France, because there is more money, prestige, they get better clubs. Now you even spoke like an colonial person: they were not enough good to play for France. Usually, people say, they are not good for the NT. But you revealed yourself and said: not good enough to play for France...between the lines, not good for the state in general.:D

For example, Turkish people live in Germany since 50's, but their first player in German NT was Mehmet Scholl, he needed to take his mothers name. Probably divorce, but children usually have fathers surname.

Another interesting thing that you mentioned is: second, third generations in France...but still they don't carry typical French first names. They were born in Paris, Marseille, Lyon...but they don't carry names like Jean Luc, Francois, especially not those from North Africa.

Mesut Ozil is third generation of Turkish - German, but he is not Hans, Georg, Uwe, Markus, Friedrich, he doesn't sing the anthem, just like Khedira...in their private lives they all feel their real origins, through customs, religion, first names. Full integration was always the problem in Germany, France, Netherlands (Surinamese people), UK (people from Africa, Caribbean area)...they can't adapt completely, also in Southern Europe, they don't embrace the current values or customs of one state. In Marseille, different customs prevailed.

Only African settlers who accepted Christianity carry European names. But even they think that Christianity is something that was connected with colonial period. Majority of French NT players are Muslims even though they carry Christian first names. Because they think that Christianity is a product of colonial cruelty. France embraces strongly secular values with Christian past, majority still feels Christian, descendants of Catholics and Huguenots.

25. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Shakira :)