World Cup 2018 - Who will you watch?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by St. Michael's Sword, Nov 14, 2017.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok guys, the World Cup is over! Time to get back to business! Italy will be back!

Viva L'italia! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #552 Calcio Pauly, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Hey guys, I'm late to the party, did England do it?

[​IMG]

It's coming home, it's coming home...the plane they're flying on...it's coming home.

Aren't you Croatian?

Will you still support Juve if Mandzukic leaves?

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is Mandzukic leaving?

4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Roma recently revamped theirs with these guys

teamexos.com

injuries down 30%

When Italy played England in the friendly, my only thought was "I know two teams who won't win the cup!" And they would have been out earlier if they actually faced a decent team before Croatia. A Colombia with Rodriguez would have likely done it.

My other thought was that the current crop of players, all around, are all cut from the same cloth, or part of the cookie cutter methodology; athleticism first, touch second. If this trend continues the Pirlo's and Modric's of world soccer might become extinct. It's a problem.

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  5. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They weren’t even born in France lol

LGRod repped this.
  7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #557 falvo, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    So much for the Jules Rimet idea of placing the best domestic all star team from all the leagues around the world. Sooner or later, I think FIFA will just go with League All stars tournament and forget about nationality...

At this point, they may as well place last years best team that featured two Italians...

[​IMG]

8. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    3 Italians

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok either way. Looking at the two teams yesterday,. I'm pretty sure Napoli, Juventus or Roma will have beaten each team soundly.

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Buffon is there out of sympathy.

11. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    LOL...I kind of feel bad for African soccer. They have a lot of talent, but it only seems to benefit France. To be fair, I think some of those players were born in France if I'm not mistaken.

12. Alex101

Alex101 Member

Mar 15, 2017
    France are a farce, they could never field a competitive team of only Frenchmen. I think Giroud, Lloris and Pavard are actually french.

13. turco3

turco3 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    France ought to pay reparations.

Deleted User x repped this.
  14. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Do you want a league that's all Italian but the 30 best Italians play in EPL, Laliga, PSG? Because that's what could happen if Serie A stops being a global league.

ATM, the only realistic approach is to improve the youth sectors, and give clubs tax breaks or something when trading/nurturing local players.

15. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Griezmann too

16. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So does this French victory mean we're going to hear about how everyone now needs to copy the French system for the next four years?

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  17. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Griezmann, Florian Thauvin, and Varane are also French.

18. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  19. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    The only way to copy France would be to colonize half of Africa and give them legal status in Italy. Aint happening under Salvini's watch :laugh:

20. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Nope. He's half German half Portuguese.

21. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Lol true. But in reality I think they still tax their African colonies.

22. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Please no.

23. krakdol

krakdol Member

PSG
    France
    Jul 18, 2018
    Stop with the racist bullshit and stupid envy.

I'm French and they're as French as I am. We have black people here, muslims, asians, white people. All are French the same. In some parts of the country we have more black French people than white French people, so stop all this racist bullshit.

They were all born in France (except maybe 1 or 2) so which country are they supposed to play for ? Switzerland ? Most of the time they don't even know the country of their grandfather / grandmother... It just doesn't make sense. They lived all their lives in France you know.

Look, I'm white and French and I have a Spanish grandmother and a Belgian grandfather. But I never went to Spain and I can't say a Spanish word, would you say I should play for Spain ? Of course you wouldn't say that, because I'm white. This is racism.

I'm French and they're French too. There's nothing embarrassing about black people in France. I work with them, I live with them, they're French like me.

24. Alex101

Alex101 Member

Mar 15, 2017

Piss off, france wouldnt even qualify for the wc without all these african players. Please tell me your starting eleven with actual frenchmen?!?....Enjoy your fake wc win. When Italy won we did with actual countrymen. France never qualified for wc 1990 or 94, then they realized actual french people are shit at soccer and starting using migrants....hence 1998. Dont give a shit if im not polticially correct

johnny6 and Deleted User x repped this.
  25. krakdol

krakdol Member

PSG
    France
    Jul 18, 2018
    Enjoy your shitty team which couldn't even qualify.

Those people are French whatever the color of their skin, that's the place they were born.

Deal with it. Your racist loser' tears taste good.

France is World Champion again. Cry more.