World Cup 2018 - RSL BS Thread

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Lizzie Bee, Jun 13, 2018.

1. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    England were due. They'll lose the next game on penalties instead.

2. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Happy for England. More than happy actually. Colombia should be embarrassed for their display. It’s why I can’t stand South American teams.

All in all thought Geiger did a good job settling that game down without becoming part of the game.

RSLer repped this.
  3. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
  4. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After such an amazing display yesterday, Japan is apparently set to name . . . Jurgen Klinsmann as their new NT coach.

BalanceUT repped this.
  5. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have come to the conclusion that I dislike South American and Central American soccer more than any other. It’s not because of technical ability...because technically they tend to be excellent.

BalanceUT and RoyalNonesuch repped this.
  6. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But...why?

andyslc repped this.
  7. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You no it’s an extraordinary tournament when Wngland makes the quarterfinals.

8. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    True. To bad their excellent at douchebaggery too. Neymar for example. All the talent in the world can’t make up for all the rolling around on the ground and feigning injury that should be run out of the game that he does every game.

Yes he gets fouled too often but I would hack him too if I knew his reaction makes it hard for anyone, including the ref, to take his complaints seriously.

Colombia and Mexico both let emotions dictate poor behavior and I will root against them and any other team that plays as they did. Technically excellent or not.

RSLer repped this.
  9. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colombia Falco accuses Giger of favoring England.

My view is Giger was trying to not make himself part of the match. It wasnt going his way as both teams seem to want to foul each other more than play the ball. With Colombia doing most of the fouling. If Giger felt like he need it to stop the fouling he could have handed out red and yellow cards like it was Halloween candy. But he tried to not impact the match.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wor...mark-geiger-of-favouring-england?platform=amp

RSLer and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course Falcao would say that. After every foul on Colombia he was imploring Geiger to go review it in the tv replay. The freaking game would have taken 10 hours. I agree with you. Geiger could have issued many more cards and whistled more fouls, but an already bad game would have been ever worse if he had done that. Because he didn’t both sides got away with many uncalled infractions. Falcao chooses to acknowledge only those that didn’t go favorably.

11. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Absolutely ridiculous. If anything he favored Colombia for NOT punishing them for their embarrassing behavior towards him. They acted like petulant little Neymars and are lucky he didn’t put them down a man which, of course, they would then complain he had it in for them.

Could he have handled the game a little better? I guess but I think he handled himself fairly and didn’t let the Colombian gamesmanship and poor sport douchebaggery benefit them at the expense of England.

I was very afraid that an England player was going to retaliate after all of the Colombian bullshit, like a head butt that only received a yellow, and reward Colombia for their bullshit.

Yes I am rooting for England and really everyone except Brazil. I mean Neymar.

RSLer repped this.
  12. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you play 120 minutes, lose 3-4 on PKs and then blame the ref for the loss. Like there's nothing you could have done about it. o_O

BalanceUT and RSLer repped this.
  13. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the PK was absolutely a foul. Kane was talked and then ridden like a horse to the ground.

RSLer and goobx1 repped this.
  14. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The above posts = f* Colombia and their South American style of play.

goobx1 repped this.
  15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    people arguing that wasn't a pk are out of their ********ing minds. Kane got fouled multiple times before the eventual full on tackle. Hell, in american football that's a textbook holding call.

BalanceUT and goobx1 repped this.
  16. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Uruguay and Croatia!

17. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want Sweden to advance to the finals. Each stage I think there is no way they will advance so I sticking to it in hopes of superstition.

My semi final picks
    France
    Belgium with the upset (Brazil looked good last match and getting better as tournament goes on. so this is hard pick but this was my prediction to win it all at the start)
    Croatia (my other finalist)
    England (dads side vs moms side. come on Sweden, Haja Sverige)

BalanceUT and RoyalNonesuch repped this.
  18. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the semi's, I want anyone but Russia. For the other three, France, Brazil and Sweden (all countries that I have a connection to either thru family, mission, work, or just because they have hot women).

19. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow Suarez did not finish the WC banned. I didn't think he had it in him to not bite, fight, or cheat.

SenordrummeR2, Taragui, 15 to 32 and 3 others repped this.
  20. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thoughts exactly

21. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was pretty much invisible today too.

22. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why no referee will give Neymar a yellow for diving is maddening.

SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  23. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kompany with the bad give away, then vacates his defensive space allowing Augusto the easy shot. Should have been the equalizer.

24. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a great game! Hazard was an iron man the last 20 minutes.

25. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That game was so fantastic. We've been watching all of the noon matches in a balcony area up above our cubicle farm, and the group has slowly grown over the last couple weeks.

We had two newbies today, one of which asked, "So there are 48 minutes left? Wait, it's counting up...." By the end of the match, he had forgotten good sarcastic comments about diving and he was biting his nails like the other Brazil fans.

There is just nothing like the World Cup to bring people together. Except maybe the Quidditch World Cup, but I've heard it's impossible to get a good stream for that one.

SenordrummeR2, RSLer and trackrunner repped this.