World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Still a low act.

They are denying the buyer the opportunity to offload and leaving them possibly high and dry and having to sell at last minute possibly losing money

Basically there is a two way arrangement here.

Seller to keep the tickets for buyer and not use them to possibly negotiate better trades for themselves.

Buyer not to purchase ticket from alternate means to look after seller who has held those tickets for them.

I look at my arrangements as a mutually beneficial scenario for both parties.

Seller gets rid of ticket they don't need. Me the buyer gets the ticket I want.

Mutually advantageous for both parties.

ItZa repped this.
  2. khawker

khawker New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I emailed FIFA a couple of weeks ago asking about delivery and just received my standard less than helpful reply.

It says they will be sent out at 'in an appropriate timeframe' and that they can't say when that will be but they suggest somebody is home to receive them. So thats cleared that up then...

3. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    I have a question regarding re-selling tickets back to the FIFA portal (and I apologise if it's already been answered on one of the previous 310 pages!):

I have VST for the 4 group matches in Belo Horizonte. I wish to keep two of these matches and re-sell the remaining 2 matches. Is it possible to re-sell selected tickets that came with VST or is it all or nothing? Thanks in advance.

4. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Believe it is all or nothing.

Someone on this site is selling me one of the games he got on his TST he has no interest in but will keep the rest.

Best bet is to start looking to sell the ones you don't want

5. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    same goes for a group of 4 tickets right?
    I have 4 USA-Portugal PMAs, but I think all 3 guests are bailing on the one-day trip...I want to keep a ticket in case I go, but I cant just put 3 on the portal?
    And do PMA resales have to be bought buy a supporter somehow? I wouldn't even think that is possible at this point.

6. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just a general question - what is everybody doing about Travel Cards/Cash? Unfortunately for the big banks in Australia, the Travel Cards on offer do not support the BRL and I am less inclined to use my credit card in brazil but at the same time do not want to be carrying too much cash on me - what is everybody doing about this?

7. Pablo Garces

Pablo Garces Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I found a gem from a big bank with an Aussie branch today.

I was having the same question and this is by far the best way I found.

go citibank plus account. have aread en let me know your thoughts

MFKS78 and ItZa repped this.
  8. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hmm you might be on the money!

So lets say you are with commonwealth bank, the idea is to load x amount of money into your Citibank plus account and use that card overseas? I'm basing that on the chart that I've uploaded - or am I going about it the wrong way?

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      107.7 KB
      Views:
    MFKS78 repped this.
  9. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Visa Debit Card linked to your everyday NAB account you get charged $4 on withdrawals but not much of an option from what I've personally researched the other banks same response.......If you find a better option PM me with it please.

10. Pablo Garces

Pablo Garces Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    thats the Idea,I spoke to one of their representatives this arvo and she told me that as long as you use the citibank ATMs to get money they dont charge any fees.

the best part is that there is citibank all over Brazil.:p.

@Stuckin1au maybe you can benefit from this as well.

MFKS78, ItZa and Stuckin1au repped this.
  11. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I will investigate this option thanks for the info

12. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Me I am planning on doing the joys of Internet Banking.

Will put my money into a passbook account which I can't access without flying home.

Then plan on just using 2 debit cards and transferring money via internet banking in small amounts to them as needed.

Am taking my old mans debit card with little in it and he can put some cash in it to use in case shit hits fan.

Am taking 2 Credit Cards. One of them has a $1500 limit and I plan on using that as often as possible and then using the internet banking to sort out and balance it up.

Logic being as it is only $1500 not a large figure it should limit the extent of any credit card fraud in the event of things going per shaped

13. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @Pablo Garces & @Stuckin1au

just called citibank on 132484 and spoke to a lovely lady who basically said as long as we use the Citibank ATMs we will avoid any charges and fees. No real answer as to how secure their ATMs were from fraudulent activities and devices however.

http://banksbrazil.com/banks/citibank-brazil - a list of where all the Citibank ATMs are located throughout Brazil. So basically I'll sign up and transfer money from one account to the Citibank Plus account and we're done. With internet banking on my phone it should be easier to do emergency transfers if required from one bank to another as well.

Thankyou @Pablo Garces

Pablo Garces repped this.
  14. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Just got sent this via PM haven't read fully might be helpful as well to read for Citibank info

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/149?&g=346

ItZa and Pablo Garces repped this.
  15. Pablo Garces

Pablo Garces Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no worries mate we can test if the card works over a few beers in Rio

ItZa and Stuckin1au repped this.
  16. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That card still have the foreign currency conversion % fees???

17. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Guys.

Do you not have anything like the Anywhere Card in Oz?

http://www.fairfx.com/cardselection

It's a pre-paid credit card. You load it with UK£, but can then spend anywhere, in any currency. It uses the interbank spot rate for the currency conversion, which is shed-loads better than any bank, and charges 1.4% on point of sale transactions and an additional £1 fee for taking money out of an ATM. When you get back home you can take any unspent money out at an ATM for £1.50

Easily the best and cheapest solution for people from the UK.

18. micmal79

micmal79 Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Perth
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah you are right about the Citibank Plus no fees. Am just in the process of opening an account.

19. Pablo Garces

Pablo Garces Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no fees (so they say)

20. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Pretty sure you can put the guests up for sale and keep the main applicant ticket. Just can't do the opposite.

21. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    HSBC has a lot of atms in Brazil by virtue of a recent acquisition of a Brazilian bank. May be worth checking them out if you're in a major city.

22. Pablo Garces

Pablo Garces Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I tried but they required AU$2000 to open the account, against $0 with citibank

23. Nick Sewell

Nick Sewell New Member

Dec 27, 2013

You can select to sell individual tickets within your VST. I had the same for Recife and have sold 2 of the games but kept the remaining ones. Within the resale site you need to expand your VST selection and you can then choose individual tickets to sell.​

24. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah we do they are the travelcards that were initially referred to.

Useful for about 9 major currencies US Pound Euro Yen etc .

Not much use for non major currencies like the Real. Add in the fees to use and load and then the currency exchange rates and the % for foreign transfer conversion and you are losing heaps using them

25. joey47

joey47 Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Fellow Aussies, I got myself a Sta Travel Cash Flex Card. http://www.statravel.com.au/cash-card.htm

Very few fees. Only a 1% reload fee but other than that, no transaction fees, no currency conversion fees and I believe that if you purchase it within the first three months (it was only released a few weeks ago), no ATM fees. I know I at least will have no ATM fees and that's because I got in quickly. You load it with Australian dollars, and bam it's all yours free of fees.

MFKS78 repped this.