World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Swede_

Swede_ New Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Think i'll just stay in SP either way, and just maybe be lucky enough to get a ticket to the game. The only problem will be to get a decent flight on friday morning, not exactly cheap at the moment.

2. madoog

madoog New Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Usual allocations hey check this
    <iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/93028142" width="500" height="281" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Daniel Knickelbein

Feb 24, 2014
    Apparently after the test match at Sao Paulo arena in mid-May they will release thousands more tickets to all games in Sao Paulo. Hopefully this includes the opening match

4. Mnorris

Mnorris Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ
    It would be pretty cool. The articles that I read basically said that since some stadiums aren't finished yet, FIFA doesn't know exactly how many tickets there are going to be so they held onto some tickets for those stadiums (the articles say 7%). FIFA also said they're still waiting on partnering businesses to return tickets they're not using. The articles mentioned the release of tickets sometime in May. Since the opening match is in one of the stadiums that is delayed, there is a "good possibility" (notice it is not guaranteed) that there will be more tickets released for that match as well. Here are links to some articles. Sorry, they're not in English. What I take away from them is to keep my eyes out.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...nte-vendera-novas-entradas-para-abertura.html

http://oglobo.globo.com/esportes/co...os-leva-fifa-segurar-7-dos-ingressos-12293413

Daniel Knickelbein and kgriff28 repped this.
  5. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    There will be some more tickets for every match before the tournament starts.
    However....that doesn't mean that we will get them!

Martin NYC repped this.
  6. skubaman

skubaman Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    PICKING UP TICKETS

I have been notified to pick up tickets at the FIFA ticketing centers. All my tickets are to be picked up in Brazil but I have been living abroad. I am aware that I can authorize someone to pick a ticket for me. But it also says that the original credit card is required to pick the ticket. If one is authorizing someone else to pick it up, how can they require the credit card? Does anybody know if a copy would be enough? How would it be if someone lost their credit card or had it stolen?

Any ideas?

Thanks

7. Zakkaa

Zakkaa New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Anyone managed to notice any patterns yet with when tickets get released onto the website? Time of day / day of week etc It seems incredibly random so far

8. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah it would be awesome to know in advance. The last one happened around midnight PDT on Thursday night, which is the middle of the night in Brazil. It was pure luck that I was online at the time and people started posting that tickets were showing up in large quantities. But that's the only big dump that I've heard of so far. The rest have just been trickling on here and there I think. It seemed really slow today on Sunday which makes sense, assuming some sort of human-in-the-loop is required for a ticket that is turned in to show up on the site as available.

9. negrogp

negrogp Member

Argentina
    Apr 15, 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I got my final ticket through a sponsor.

10. TsaiGotThis

TsaiGotThis New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Has anyone received a refund from FIFA for selling their tickets back yet? I sold my ticket back 1.5 weeks ago and still it says "refund pending"...

11. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Till they sell all of theirs you won't see a penny and people I know in previous WC have said they physically received refunds upto 6 weeks after the WC

12. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    If you lost your credit card or it was stolen you are supposed to tell fifa and they note it down however it seems like if one person goes to pick up his tickets he either needs his credit card or passport plus email depending if you use a machine or talk to humans.

Now if you want someone else to get the tickets you have to notariaze said person would need a notarized copy of your passport as well as well as a notarized copy of his own passport (not sure if . understood that right thoug maybe just his passport) probably to make sure that he indeed is the notarized person I think it is less complicated to go there by yourself once you are in brazil but idk. Those infos are based on the fifa faq

13. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Somebody I am trading with told me that they went to the Botafogo ticketing centre yesterday. They had had to replace the credit card they had used to buy the tickets. All they needed was photographic ID, the reference numbers and the new card. They said it was a breeze, and that there wasn't even a queue.

14. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    Oh found what fifa say about someone else picking up the ticket

15. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    It would be great if we could get first hand reports from anyone who has done this. I am not keen to give a notary here £200 if a signed letter from my partner with two copies of her passport, stamped by a local solicitors that I can get done for a tenner will do. I know that in previous tournaments, essentially signed copies of passports and a letter from the ticket purchaser has sufficed.

Anyone done this and willing to share?

16. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Great email in my inbox this morning. The word cuz, it's so 21st century business :confused:

We are dealers of tickets and we sell and ship world wide even to your door step in your country. Our tickets are all from Ghana cuz they currently have few tickets left and its all 20 in number which we could get. We buy our tickets from Tixnets and they are all legitimate tickets.
    Payment will be made via Western Union Transfer cuz we deliver same day your payment is made and confirmed. Ticket will be sent to your via DHL Courier and it take just 24 hours to get to your destination same day your payment is made and confirmed.
    We sell to people all over the world but we dont give out personal information of our clients to others for safety reasons as you wont be happy if keep giving out your own number to people.
    You can always call or text or watsapp us for more information on:
    +233574947001
    Awaiting your response..

My response was two-words. One started with F, the second O. They didn't get back to me. But if anybody wants to ring the number and tell me how they get on, I am all ears.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  17. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Unfortunately, I think 'Final - Obese' tickets will be hard to find.

jamfactoryken repped this.
  18. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    :)

19. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thin on the ground?

20. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Whereas the seats themselves will be easy to find....

21. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  22. Murphalot

Murphalot Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Chile vs Australia has popped up in good quantity for the first time 250+ tickets (Cat 1 & Cat 3)

23. semi_vest

semi_vest Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    yeh my wifes account has the exact same problem, all guests exactly one day wrong. I figure it won't be a problem, its pretty clear that its a website glitch and not user error

24. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Mine too. Definitely a glitch because I definitely didnt get my own birthday wrong

25. luck2607

luck2607 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    cape town
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ticket Alert:
    Tickets released right now for Natal; Ghana v USA and Italy v Uruguay (cats 1, 2 and 3) good quantities