World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Where did you pay 3k for finals tickets?

2. vatreni_tc

vatreni_tc Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    As previous posters said, if they checked names and IDs, this would result in half empty stadiums. At the last Euro in Poland/Ukraine nobody checked the IDs.

3. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good question @ItZa

Juan,
    Look up the ticket transfer policies. In order to transfer to someone else you must have a bona fide relationship with the original ticket holder and they might require proof.
    Let us know if you know more about transferring or how the person who sold it to you did it. As there is a lot of trading going on this forum and it would be helpful to all of us, thanks!

Guest Eligibility: Tickets may only be transferred to bona fide “Guests” of the Ticket Purchaser, namely, relatives, close friends, colleagues and/or the companions of individuals in wheelchairs or other disabilities. Note that the Ticket Purchaser has legal responsibility for his Guests as identified in the Ticket Sales Regulations and the GTCs.

4. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    You need both credit cards to get the tickets at the machines.

You swipe your credit card and then type in the birthday of the user associated with the FIFA ticketing account.

5. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    In the United States, we have other reasons for checking your ID at high profile events.

6. enthusiastic

enthusiastic Member

Oct 28, 2013
    For what it's worth, they did not check IDs at the Flushing Meadows, NY at the 2013 US Open Mens Finals.

PierreRenard repped this.
  7. Juan Vega

Juan Vega Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The person asked for my name, date of birth and ID proof to create me as a guest in their FIFA site. Then they said in the FIFA site they made the change and show me this. If you have 4 tickets for 1 match, you can change 3 names, but not the main name. When I receive tickets I will know if the name is really changed. I don't have any tickets yet.

8. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007
    I was at the 2006 world cup and the 2007 u20 world cup, including the final and neither time were id's checked. Ive never been asked for ID at any sporting event, even though many say they might. I think only people who fall into the W, M or O categories or have discounted tickets would be asked for id's. Other than that i think everybody else should be fine

9. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just an FYI. According to data shown on the FIFA ticketing site. Any tickets that were selected for delivery have already been printed as of last week with whatever guests were on the account when the tickets were initially purchased.

The Fifa resale platform opened on April 15th, and as soon as the transfer platform was activated, all the tickets were already listed as "printed". With that being said, if the Fifa site is accurate and this was not a glitch in the system, then your Final tickets will not have your name printed on the tickets.

Unless of course, the tickets are scheduled for pickup in Brazil by the main applicant, and you are meeting him/her there to do the exchange once the applicant has them printed at a ticketing center. In this case, your name would be there.

10. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #7585 Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    It's actually starting to become a very common trend for sports tickets and large events to incorporate RFID chips into their ticketing systems. These can be useful for a whole variety of purposes, and many large events are using this technology more and more these days. I know here in Washington DC, the Washington Nationals Major League Baseball team has deployed these chips into certain tickets. It is meant to create a more "interactive experience" for fans, enabling fans to use this RFID technology to manage their tickets, as well as food and beverage purchases, and also to receive rewards and special offers.

One specific thing I could see them using this for at the World Cup is to give World Cup organizers the ability to restrict access to certain areas for particular ticket holders (AKA Hospitality ticket holders to grant them access to the VIP sections of the stadium). Also, using RFID chips is more secure way of proving a ticket is authentic, as it prevents people from making photocopies of a ticket, so this could be to ensure that the ticket is not a fake; thus preventing ticket fraud, which is probably the most important and one of the main reasons to use RFID technology in tickets.

The possibilities are endless for this technology. I have attached a few links below containing more info on event organizers using this technology, in case you would like to learn more.

http://www.rfidjournal.com/articles/view?9489
    http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/Vendini-Launches-All-in-One-Festival-Solution-With-RFID-1860453.htm
    http://www.rfidjournal.com/articles/view?8199

zachadu21 and PierreRenard repped this.
  11. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Let's go Mets !

zachadu21 repped this.
  12. byucougars

byucougars Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Thanks. FIFA won't be giving me crap with me using my father's credit card on my purchase will they?

13. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007
    If you use the ticket machine none at all. If you go up to the counter they might ask why you used your dad's credit card, but since I'm assuming your dad and you have the same last name, it shouldn't seem suspicious.

byucougars repped this.
  14. Gane

Gane Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I was at the confederation cup last year, and they did not check names le Id. I was in BH RÍO and Fortaleza it was actually Very un organized, except for RIO

Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY and PierreRenard repped this.
  15. Rominger

Rominger Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was at CC last year, all 3 Games at Maracanã, zero times I was checked. They simply put the ticket over the scanner and I went in. Never saw anyone telling that had their names checked, although they probably also wanted to get people inside as soon as possible to avoid lines. If they went on to check all the names, there would be huge lines (not to mention protests). Without name checking the lines were already huge but the volunteers always made the line moving.

To resume, I highly doubt it that they will check during WC due to the number of people, specially when the game time approaches.

Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY and PierreRenard repped this.
  16. BGMM19

BGMM19 Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I went to 9 games at the 2010 WC in South Africa and was NEVER asked to show ID. I highly doubt they will be checking IDs in Brazil.

17. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    let's go Cyclones!! #MiLB

18. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    IMO this is the primary reason why the tickets have RFID. While they could be used in ID verification, I don't think FIFA care too much about that. Their bigger concern would definitely be counterfeiting.

19. luck2607

luck2607 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    cape town
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    This is my 5th World Cup. I have been to four Euro Championships, one Copa America, one Asian Cup, one African Nations Cup, one Confederations Cup and one African Championship of Nations (CHAN). 125 tournament matches in total in 13 tournaments across the globe and NEVER have I been asked for an ID at entrance.

PierreRenard, whiskerxx and Martin NYC repped this.
  20. byucougars

byucougars Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    I have a friend who has a couple of extra tickets to the knockout game in Belo Horizonte. He offered me them, but I'd really only take them if Brazil was going to be the 1A team. Thoughts? Is Brazil most likely going to be the 1A team playing in BH?

21. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They will not check IDs. They do not care who goes in as long as tehir tickets are official and the seats are filled in time. Doing it in the US is one thing but can you imagine with the plethora of different languages and forms of ID from around the world it would take for ever. Delays are one of FIFAs biggest fears.

22. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No one is going to suggest that Brazil will not top their group. they have useful opponents but no one to have a chance of beating them.

Also if you use the machines you will need every credit card that you purchased tickets with.

23. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Ca anybody find anyone anywhere who was ever refused entry to an International football match with a valid ticket because the name on the ticket did not match their id. I doubt it. They won't check. Once you have a valid ticket you will get in.

24. wreckitrob75

wreckitrob75 New Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Brazil will no doubt win Group A and hence be the 1A team that will play in Belo Horizonte. They could very well play either Holland, Spain or Chile whoever finishes 2nd in Group B. That match will be an absolute corker! For a bit of history with Brazil at World Cups, going back as far as I can remember to 1986 in Mexico they have always won their group. I would just about bet my house on it they will win Group A! If you have an offer for this match grab it!

25. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes you are right. Otherwise 1974 and 1978 they came second on goal difference and 3rd in 1966.