World Cup 2014 final round predictions?

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Dohahah, Feb 29, 2012.

1. AMI1998

AMI1998 New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Club:
    Esteghlal
    No way If we tolerate a defeat to any team at Azadi Stadium for next round. Even european countries struggle to play at Azadi. If we get u in the next round, Asolutely Iran will have attacking tactic against you in Tehran. Your reason is not logical about being best in Asia. For example, japan or any other team cannot claim they are best in asia if they defeat Aust in Melbourne. So your reason is not logical about being best in Asia. Again, I prefer south korea over your team for Iran.

2. AMI1998

AMI1998 New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Club:
    Esteghlal
    I thought I have quoted but I did not. Anyway thanks for letting me know.

3. AMI1998

AMI1998 New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Club:
    Esteghlal
    I also appreciate for not using the word 'revenge'. It does not make me feel good when I hear this word.

4. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    My preferred draw

Australia (thats us)
    Iran - Haven't played them since returning to Asia and we have played Japan in last WCQ and both Asian Cups. I think japan is slightly stronger at the moment but this is not the reason I hope for Iran. The difference between the two is not large enough to create an advantage.
    Uzbekistan - They talk the talk but seem to soil their pants when they play Australian teams at senior level. May as well play them whilst that still holds. Iraq, on the other hand, really believe they can beat us and always put on a good effort against us.
    Qatar - Same as Uzbekistan. Their senior team seems to freeze when they play us and we may as well keep the psychological edge while it lasts. One day they may believe they can beat us, but there is no evidence of it yet.
    Lebanon - We missed playing them in the Asian Cup qualifiers through no fault of theirs and there are lots of Australians of Lebanese origin who would love to see their old country play.

5. AMI1998

AMI1998 New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Club:
    Esteghlal
    Australia Iran match in 1997 is absolutely the main reason that you and all other Australians wish to have us in your group. I looked at every possible website about round 4 draw and I saw comments about 1997 game by Australians in all of them. All of them were wishing to play against us. H. Kewell said that after Australia south Korea match in the asian cup too. You can search that in Google. If we get u in the next round and you host the match at MCG again :D please bring Peter Hoare to the stadium :D . Just Kidding. Take it easy my friend. That was only a match. There are happy and heartbreak moments for all teams. What happened to Australia against us in 1997 happened for us a lot more. We have some painful memories which even makes us cry to think about them. So do not hate us b/c of that match. I hope you do not have negative feelings about Iranians. I have high respect for you Australians.

6. Gold is the Colour

Dec 17, 2005
    Perth Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I don't think Australians hate Iran for that match at all - Peter Hoare we do though - rather I think we respect Iran for it. Every Aussie I know were cheering for Iran in98, especially v USA. I went to Iran in 99 and copped a lot of stick for that game (at the border the guards were more interested in "Melbourne 2-2 Azizi" than stamping my passport properly) all of it was good natured though and I loved the Iranian people even more for it. The Aussies are doing the same thing now - it is all good natured and comes out of respect rather than hate. The rest of the the world doesn't believe the talent and spirit that is in teams from Asia (with possible exception of Japan and Korea) but we know it first hand from that game and are looking forward to testing ourselves against Iran again.

7. Gold is the Colour

Dec 17, 2005
    Perth Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    As for the group I want:

Australia (obviously)
    Iran (see above)
    Uzbekistan - as Almango said, the Uzbeks don't play to their best when against us, whereas Iraq seem to push themselves to an extra level.
    Qatar - we haven't play Jordan yet, but I see them as the surprise packet, playing very well and could be very dangerous.
    Lebanon - massive lebanese community in Aus and another country I loved when I was there (same with everywhere I went in ME TBH). I also felt bad when they had to withdraw last time we were partnered with them.

8. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    No negative feelings at all. We are both amongst the top 4 teams in Asia and haven't played since 1997. It's about time we did.

9. Matilda Maniac

Matilda Maniac Big Soccer Memebr

Sep 21, 2006
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    well this was my preference, but I gone NONE of the 4 teams that i wanted:(

10. hoos

hoos Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Australia
    No negative feelings at all; this is purely a sporting contest as far as I'm concerned. I've met Iranians living here in Australia, and naturally we ended up talking about that match in Melbourne, but they were all the most humble people you could ever meet and seemed almost sorry that Iran won that night! Almost.

Australia has some strong sporting rivalries with England for example, and there's always a lot of banter and talk before a game. But the people of both countries are the closest of allies, with a deep respect for each other. Any talk of the long-awaited match against Iran is for what happens on the field, because it's not like Iran cheated or Australia's players were physically intimidated at the airport like against Uruguay in 2001.

That said, lots of Australians would like revenge on Peter Hoare.

11. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    i predict that south korea will not beat Iran in south korea. i am willing to bet on it. if i lose i wont go on south korea forum anymore, if i win, i regain access to the aforementioned forum via mods lifting the ban.

12. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Id like to give him a hand-shake and thank him:p:D

13. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    Too bad we have the Koreans again and no Aussies, at least we should arrange a friendly with down under!

14. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The schedule makes it tough to do this for the duration of the qualifying cycle. maybe it could be a warm up for both of us on the way to Brazil:D

15. Uzbekistan2006

Jan 4, 2005
    Khorezm, Uzbekistan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    it is okey.. iran will face with them in play off :D

16. Gold is the Colour

Dec 17, 2005
    Perth Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If we get groups next to each opther, we could always meet in the 2nd round of the WC;):cool:

17. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    good deal :cool:

18. Matilda Maniac

Matilda Maniac Big Soccer Memebr

Sep 21, 2006
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    or we could both come third in our respective groups . . . . . . then we'll play twice next year !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

19. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    LOL I liked the other deal more :D