World Cup 2014 - FANTASY LEAGUE

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by bosna10, May 7, 2014.

1. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  2. ZmajOdSvedske

ZmajOdSvedske Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Thank you!

Hello and dobro došli to the 2014 World Cup Fantasy League (v2.0). How do you people want to do this?
    I have read through the previous attempt (https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/2014-fifa-world-cup-fantasy-league.1997255/) and have come up with a few suggestions.

First of all, I think it would be best if we found some website that can provide a template. I have searched around a little and have not managed to find anything useful, but my google-fu is weak. I'm hoping that something will pop up, as it usually does. News sites usually have fantasy leagues for the world cups. I will keep looking, but I would appreciate some help aswell.

If we don't find a website that supports private leagues or something, we could make it work on our own. I have limited experience from these kinds of things. I was twelve last time I played. But as I see it, there are two ways we can go about this. Either we have a draft-system like the one Bosnian Diamond made where everyone gets their own unique players. Or we find a way to put a price on different players, give everyone a certain amount of money, and let everyone buy who ever they want.

I also suggest that we use a website like Whoscored.com for the points. I think that players should be judged by their own merits and not by what team they are on. A goalkeeper with a good defense in a weak group should not be worth more than someone who does alot more saves. A midfielder should be able to get score without scoring a goal or assisting etc.

And I also think that we should contribute with like 5$ each so that the winner can get some kind of prize. Just so that people take this a little more seriously and hopefully not drop out. It could be a statue made of sudzuk for all I care, just so I can take selfies with it and rub it in your faces when I win this thing. ;)

So what do YOU think? Any suggestions?

ChiBos and Hadzjia Sven Susic repped this.
  3. ZmajOdSvedske

ZmajOdSvedske Member

Mar 2, 2014
    I'm going to stop working on this thing since there doesn't seem to be any interest. If someone else wants to take point feel free to take over. I'll participate if it gets started.

Hadzjia Sven Susic repped this.
  4. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well damn that crashed and burned

Hadzjia Sven Susic and anticule repped this.
  5. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
    It was fun while it lasted.

6. ZmajOdSvedske

ZmajOdSvedske Member

Mar 2, 2014
    It was worth a try, but I would feel like an idiot if I kept working on it without any feedback.

7. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Lmao, yo why didn't you tag people? There are at least 6 people who are down.

8. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
    Why don't we just pick some site like fifa.com or some other site that will provide "fantasy" leagues or something? and we can make a league of our own :D - less work - more fun...

9. ZmajOdSvedske

ZmajOdSvedske Member

Mar 2, 2014
    I haven't spent enough time figuring out how this forum works.

That was my original plan, but I didn't find anything except FIFA's 2010 WC fantasy league. Don't know why this didn't pop up on Google earlier: http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/

It's seems really simple. Too bad you can't make private leagues, but that site would do 99% of the work if we made one here. I would also prefer if you were stuck with the players you have when the tournament starts, but whatever, still seems like a lot of fun.

10. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    We could make a team with a player limit from each country (we pick a squad of 23 guys) and we have to have at least 1 player from each continent and then evaluate performance on whoscored ratings?

bosna10 repped this.
  11. ZmajOdSvedske

ZmajOdSvedske Member

Mar 2, 2014
    That would be a simple way to do it, but I think that FIFAs fantasy league seems just as simple but more fun. If all y'all agree that it would be more fun if we weren't allowed to switch players after the tournament starts we could just take print screens of our squads and post them here to lock them. We could also make up our own internal rules for which players we can pick etc.

12. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'm down for that

13. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Will they do the scoring for national teams on WhoScored? Cuz they dont do it for international games if I remember correctly

14. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  15. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Awesome! Wasnt sure if they did. I dont mind that idea

Edit: meant to say international friendlies. And not sure if I remember them doing it for qualifiers either

BosnianPapiChulo repped this.
  16. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    K, so what is the format?

17. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Go to youjizz.com. Its on there

18. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It's kinda funny how not funny that was.

19. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Only because youre a frequent viewer of that site

20. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Nah, too much pro stuff on there. I like mine 'ama-teur'.

ABiH12 repped this.
  21. ZmajOdSvedske

ZmajOdSvedske Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Has anyone played the Fifa/McDonalds fantasy league before? I dont know how their scoring works, but it looks like the best option to me. It hasnt opened yet, so theres still time to find something better if it turns up.

I would like a headcount of everyone thats going to participate in this. Ill put out some links to this thread on other forums tomorrow if I have time. Im writing this on my phone right now.

22. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I think we could get a good 10-15 people, but we just need something more concrete. I'm not sure how we'll do that though. I wish some fantasy leagues would open up so we could make our own private game there

23. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    We have 6 in this thread alone.

24. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Just tag the others and I'm surecmost will participate

25. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I know, but I'm lazy. I gotta go, click on another thread, check who's not here, come here, put in the @ sign, write in the persons name, press enter to go to the next line, enter the next name, finish the list, click post reply and then I have to see if I get any reps out of it.

Too much time being wasted there.

@ZmajOdSvedske, what say you?

ZmajOdSvedske repped this.