World Cup 2010 Jersey Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by bassboi, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    at first glance to crazy about the kit, but after looking at other shots of the kit, I really do like it. Its a different color combo then normally seen. Just wish it wasn't that tight fitting shirt.

2. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    quite an interesting kit, definitely original....
    so is it a light gray blue gradient into brown? i personally would have gone with that same light gray blue for the socks, but all in all i like it.

actually i think puma has done very good work on most all the african kits.

3. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

agreed they took a template, made each one slightly different but gave each one a different identity but yet still united them. Adidas should take note.
    Have to say Kudos to the Nigerian federation for telling Adidas to go scratch with that weak attempt at a kit.

4. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they even took a plain white kit and gave it some nice visual interest with ghana...i believe everything is white but used a thinner material for the sleaves which makes it look like a light gray on white. the star is a nice touch as well

[​IMG]

5. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are those the particular nations' crests on these kits or are they a generic African crest? If it was generic, I'd get one in a heartbeat.

6. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i believe each of the teams gets one with their own crest on the right (if you are wearing it)...but also i think there is one that is african-generic...that one is a crest of the continent of africa with hands shaking on top:

team specific
    [​IMG]

africa generic
    [​IMG]

7. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one that Eto'o's wearing...WANT.

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The brown for the very few wondering represents dirt and how the closer to the ground you get the dirtier the uniform is when you play on such dirt fields. Just an absolutely great concept and pulled off perfectly IMO.

9. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder when those jerseys are going on sale, and if they can be customized. It's just a great concept, I love it.

10. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wait is it just me or are the socks also a gradient? from brown at the top to a super dark brown at the bottom?

that would totally go along with the concept (your feet being the dirtiest from playing in dirt). i retract my previous statement of thinking the kit would look better with light blue socks lol

11. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    another cool thing about it is, like those red nike laces, aids in funds for a charity:

PUMA and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) were joined by the Indomitable Lions - Cameroon's national football team - with team captain Samuel Eto'o, to announce a strategic partnership to support biodiversity worldwide and specific initiatives in Africa.

The 'Play for Life' partnership will support the 2010 International Year of Biodiversity by raising awareness about habitat and species conservation among football fans and the general public during worldwide football events

"Biodiversity and therefore valuing and protecting all life on our planet is a huge issue, not only in Africa, but around the world - and we are proud to partner with UNEP to raise both awareness and funds through the sale of our Unity products."

12. iamtomas

iamtomas Member

May 2, 2004
    Yes, it will be sold as a limited offering and I believe it will be sold as the generic version. The sample I saw the Puma rep show in a store had "Africa" where a name would go and the #10 on the back.

Also Puma will have a v1.10 and a Powercat that have bright orange/yellow highlights (to represent the lava at the earth core)

shoe = earth core
    socks up to shorts = the earth/dirt
    jersey = the sky

13. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Anyone know when Uruguay(Puma) releases its jersey?

I have heard that our away jersey will be White in honor of the 1990 WC(dont know why).

And the home jersey will have red numbers in honor of the 1950 jersey.

And that exact Ghana jersey, I saw a bunch at Marshalls for $25. The same exact one you just showed

14. blitzlegend

blitzlegend Member

Nov 1, 2008
    [​IMG]

Uruguay WC2010 kit.

15. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay

Im Uruguayan, but that's as ugly as it can get. They should go back to the 2007 ones.

I also have the alternative:
    [​IMG]

16. LPUNITED

LPUNITED New Member

Aug 3, 2008
    one of the best uniforms Ive seen great concept

17. kasaki

kasaki Member

Feb 22, 2009
    U.S.A
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can anyone confirm if Nigeria is using that jersey adidas gave them int he african cup? I hope not

18. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looked like they were in their opening match, but it was hard to tell if anything was changed from the feed.

19. Canadaplaysfutbol

Canadaplaysfutbol New Member

May 31, 2007
    Florida
    they look identical to 06

20. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They are:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWHOErbbl6k"]YouTube- Nigeria [1-0] Benin 'All goals & full highlights' HD[/ame]

In truth good for them for telling Adidas they expected better but IMO it's better to have a very simple classic kit then something Gaudy. Puma walked the line with their African kits IMO they did a great job however there is room for disagreement. With Nigeria maybe they aren't striking or note worthy but the kits do look good.

21. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    The home one is decent, although I don't know about the collar. Looks like the designer had the design right, then decided, "Aw hell, I'll throw in a collar too make it look old school." As for the away one, all I gotta say is "Por dios!!"

22. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    You haven't seen a close-up of the sun's in the jersey, that's why. The collar is standard for Puma though, I believe.
    The away one isn't that bad in my opinion. The color is pretty out of nowhere though. It looks kind of plain too

23. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The sad part about all the other nations having such collars is that the Italy shirt collar, that supposedly represented a star, seems like a post-rational titbit.

24. kapocris

kapocris New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Montevideo
    [​IMG]
    Uruguay WC2010 Away kit.
    The Golden One posted earlier is the goalkeeper kit.