World Cup 2010 Jersey Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by bassboi, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassboi

bassboi Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    With the World Cup coming up, I think it is time for to give the World Cup jerseys their own thread!
    [​IMG]

2. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Re: New Jerseys Thread v. "Does this tech-fit make me look fat?"[2]

I will stick this thread and rename it but there are no limits on threads anymore - mods will close and create new ones as they deem fit.

Thanks...anyway, continue!

3. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: New Jerseys Thread v. "Does this tech-fit make me look fat?"[2]

Hopefully more so then Mr Benni uptop! Horrendous!:eek:

4. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: leaked Portugal kit

Not bad, but total fake among other things no Nike Swoosh.

6. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: leaked Portugal kit

missed that, but i think this maybe close to real thing. I do remember CSD saying there was a horizontal green stripe running across the top.

7. blitzlegend

blitzlegend Member

Nov 1, 2008
    It is blatant fake, the number font isn't like that any more. The neck details isn't meant to have a label like a tshirt.

8. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As mentioned, it is an obvious fake. However, the fakes can often be useful in showing you the design of the actual real shirt. This shirt does have the green band across the chest, but it does not even have the green elements on each sleeve, which will definitely appear on the final shirt.

9. blitzlegend

blitzlegend Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Well I know this is not a WC2010 jersey, but since the previous thread is locked. I cannot do much, but post this here:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    well at least it's a new template. but it looks too much like a rugby shirt. i wonder how the short sleeved version will look like. has adidas released all their WC kits?

11. Tizoc

Tizoc Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Milpitas, CA
    The red buttons are distracting.

12. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha totally out of the 70s.

i dunno, i kinda like itl...i like how they did they arm stripes, with a portion the lines removed on the arm. i prefer an actual traditional collar like that to some the weird collars they make now...or printed on collars lol

i like the shorts too.
    as i write this and looking at it im starting to like it more. even with the distracting red buttons lol

13. blitzlegend

blitzlegend Member

Nov 1, 2008
    it is the same template as the Japan kit and some GK kits(Spain).

Adidas has released all their sponsored teams' jerseys, only smaller teams like Ukraine are left out.

14. IrishFootballer79

IrishFootballer79 New Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Club:
    Shamrock Rovers
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  15. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I received a pretty cool promotional magazine booklet in the post today. It's by Puma, about their sponsorship of the African teams. It speaks about the design inspiration behind the new kits, and a bit about the V1.10's as well.
    Their ideas and concepts behind the new shirts truely are superb and some of the most realistic as well.

16. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

The missing stripes on the sleeves are for where the patches (the WC logo one and the Fair Play) would go.

17. HatTrickHero411

Jan 20, 2008
    Screwston, TX
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is this magazine free and available off the internet somewhere? id be interested to hear about their ideas and inspiration because i think puma has easily done the best job with the WC kits. they are all consistently sharp.

18. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No, it came free with a local football magazine that I am subscribed to. Later today, I'll scan in the partcular page that gives the basic inspiration.:)

19. Ben7

Ben7 Member

Jan 14, 2007
    that red button on the white part of the chinese jersey kinda reminds me of Japan... ;)

don't know if the African Cup of Nations Jerseys will also be the one at the World Cup, since Switzerland who also has Puma uses a diffrent template (see below) just without the stripes

[​IMG]

20. blitzlegend

blitzlegend Member

Nov 1, 2008
    and the sponsor? I think the ACN templates will also be incorporated for the WC ones. Wonder how North Korea kits will look like :eek:

21. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I have a hunch that the African Puma teams will have a different template to the other nations, as the template was inspired by the African wrap mentioned in the articles below. However, because the World Cup is being held in Africa, that may be a reason for Puma to give this African flavour to all Puma sponsored nations. Time will tell.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

22. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And as mentioned in the article, you can clearly understand why the kits are skintight, and the rough-paint aesthetic:

[​IMG]

The magazine also speaks about Cameroon's infamous WC02 kit, as well as their uniQT that sparked all sorts of controversey with Fifa. I must say, looking back, those sleeveless kits of WC02 were THE bomb.

23. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i have been picking up a few jerseys from this local store, and i came across a sleeveless cameroon jersey tonight while i was there. i was tempted to get it because of how unique it was but it was to small haha

24. Canadaplaysfutbol

Canadaplaysfutbol New Member

May 31, 2007
    Florida
    i wish they were still good.

25. lacy17

lacy17 Member

Oct 6, 2006
    The just released African jersey will be for the Nations Cup and the WC2010. No new home or away kit will be offered, but Puma has a special 3rd kit for each nation