World Cup 2006 in Germany

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 22, 2004.

1. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    As stated in this thread:
    - Tickets go on sale approx. Feb 2005
    - You have to pay before you know if you won the lottery

I am there. We're planning on doing some sort of family vacation (I think my wife is delusional though). As long as they want to hang around pubs to catch the rest of the tourney or fit in touring between games, I'm good to go! :eek:

We may wind up doing the tourist thing in Paris/Beaunne/Strasbourg on my solo-way to Germany.

If I was flying from the states, I'd consider flying into Amsterdam or Frankfurt or Paris - for the best prices/availability. Although it is way to early to book tickets.

2. dguck

dguck New Member

Jun 8, 2004
    I see that they go on sale in Feb. 2005, but I'm still unclear about where to go for tickets. In looking at the FIFA World Cup site I've found some basic pricing info, but no direction on how best to secure tickets. Is there a block of tickets held for the USSF's use at each of the USA sites? Or do we simply go through FIFA and work our way from there?

3. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    join the us soccer "soccerfan" section on their website.

http://www.ussoccer.com/soccerfan/intro.sps?msid=6&mpid=1&mlid=en&msecid=1&mpgid=1&

information when available will be e-mailed to you from them.

4. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    Has anyone ever gone on a trip via Soccer Vacations? Seems like it would be a much easier to organize hotels, tickets, ext. in Germany through them (rather than doing everything separately on your own). I remember S.V. being mentioned in the book 23 Days in Korea.

5. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    they helped me with my amsterdam trip to see the usa.holland friendly.

it was an okay experience, not spectacular. we had some problems getting our tickets to the match and it took some phone calls to the owner of the company to get that straighened out the day before but the rest turned out well.

6. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    So, does anyone have a ballpark figure for how much it would cost for two adults for say---the group stage?