WOOO! First Day of School Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Education and Academia' started by (TxT), Aug 1, 2004.

1. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah we got this balanced calendar sh!t down here so my first day of school is August 2. We get a week off in October, November, February, April, 2 weeks in December, and we end May 21. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else go on balanced calendar and is it better than a normal schedule?

2. djwalker

djwalker BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALI'MNOT
    LISTENINGI'MNOTLISTENINGI'MNOTLISTENINGLALALA
    LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

3. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    We start in early aug. (as is aug 5) and end in mid may. We get three days for Thanksgiving, roughly a wk and a half for Christmas, and a wk for spring break.

I feel so damn cheated.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    In Belgium, kids in high school get 2 months over the summer, a week in november, two weeks around christmas and new year, a week in february, 2 weeks around easter. As a teacher I get most of those weeks off too :D

5. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kids come back tomorrow for me. Two world histories and a civics class. How far is it till Christmas?

6. djwalker

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meetings start a week from today, kids come back a week after that.

It's the meetings that will rob me of my will to live, not the return of the kids. If I could get to the former without having to go through the latter, I'd enjoy my job a lot more.

7. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. I was in my classroom maybe an hour between all of Friday and all of Monday. Staff develpoment on Frday and Coaches meeting and final staff meeting yesterday. Really takes a lot of the fun out of this.

8. djwalker

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you coaching? I'm going to be assistant coach for 7th grade football. Last year was the first time I ever coached football. I had a blast.

And I don't even really like football all that much.

9. djwalker

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The theme of our Staff Development meetings is going to be "Survivor" related. I'm hoping I get voted off the island REALLY early.

10. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I coach soccer. Last two years I did the boys JV and assistant to the varsity. This year, I am just the head girls coach. I have nothing really major to do until January.

11. djwalker

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to school yesterday, unstacked all the desks, got the 'puter running, and met some of the 6th graders who were there for orientation.

Sigh. Back to the salt mines.

12. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    You all go back into school very quickly :eek: . Here in Barbados in the Caribbean we go into school on the 6th of September , that is Term 1 which is 14 long damn weeks. Then we get a 2 week break off for Christmas. Then we go back and have Term 2 which is a next 13 long damn weeks then a 2 week break for Easter then back for Term 3 for 11 weeks and then the Summer vacation! But that is all next year . I still got a few weeks left of vacation though :D

13. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can ya believe after all the time this thread has been in the forum, I'm just able to say this... well, the day after Labor Day anyway.

I finally get to see the students on Tuesday!

And we only had 2 days (thursday and friday) to get everything ready!

14. Metroweenie

Metroweenie New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full week left until I have to start classes.

15. metro24freak

metro24freak New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    philly
    I have school 2morrow even though it's only a half day, but I still have to go to practice in the afternoon so it still seems like all day to me. Unfortunately I have to spend all of today finishing all the reading I said i was going to do in July, I say that every year and I think I've only done it once.