News: Woody’s Roundup - The Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sancho wouldn't cost 90 mil. Unless there's a bidding war he'll go for around 70.

2. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    70, 90...whatever. If the boy is that good, let's not make the same mistake with Sancho what we made with Hazard.

3. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    The sale of Pulisic is precisely why it might have to be 90. Unless they manage to wangle Hudson-Odoi or they have a clear replacement in mind, they're already shorn of their other RW talent and will not want to lose another. At the very least it could be conditional rising to 90 with a base of 70.

incighte repped this.
  4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
  5. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhh, Danny. Such an underrated player.

6. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Think he'd be more 10/8. He'd be able to deputise for Pogba if needed, be the tip of the diamond or play as an 8 on the right (though I'd rather more bite).

7. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I havnt watched him play for Sporting (maybe 1 or 2 Europa league games, so I cant say if he has learned to play deeper or as a LCM in a midfield 3, but previously he's always played at the tip of a diamond or as the 10 behind a a lone striker.

I could be wrong but Sporting play with different formations but not a 433 with a single pivot.

Also Im sure he wouldn't be cheap. If thats true I cant see him signing here just to be a deputy.

8. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Can Gomes not cover that ?

jeff070 and johno repped this.
  9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We certainly should find out over the next 18 months. Time to give him a shot. I think he's a good fit for the role Jesse is playing, particularly against teams that aren't going to sit back as he's a good dribbler. Hell, I'd be happy just to have another good set piece taker in the squad besides Mata.

10. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Andreas?

jeff070 repped this.
  11. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good question.

And Rashford.

The suggestion that Mata is our only "good set piece taker" betrays ignorance of the strengths we already have on the squad.

12. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    There are a few players that play an 8 or a 10. I do not see a need for him.

13. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im just talking about set peices.

jeff070 repped this.
  14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #139 Ashur, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    It's coming from the Italian press, so I guess it should be taken with a grain of salt, but talk about United being interested in Romagnoli appears to be ongoing.
    He's been linked with us for some time now (since when Mourinho was still at the club) and I actually wouldn't mind him one bit. He's a prototypical solid Italian CB, who is still young and he appears to have good leadership credentials. Said to cost 65mil Pounds, which is really not bad at all for a 24yt old. Not a bad alternative from my point of view.

15. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    And he's a lefty!

jeff070 repped this.
  16. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    pipe down LvG

johno, SyedZada, Chaz Striker and 2 others repped this.
  17. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    We've already got a left footed CB who prefers playing the LCB role. We need a RCB. So at that price I'd have to say let's pass and wait for the right target to come available.

Personally, I'm still in favor of trying to find an older CB and let Tuanzebe blood himself in. Albeit his competition has been championship level, he looks so composed on the ball, has the physical tools, and defensively very sound. He's our best CB prospect since Jonny Evans early days. Hell, if Ole (and more pertinently - Phelan) stay on, and we continue to get our defense-midfield shape and positioning right, the clean sheets keep coming, we might not even need to buy a CB at all. I think that decision will be made based on our results through the remainder of the season, but we are definitely trending positive.

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you don't mean Rojo in terms of left footed CB (Lindelöf, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Jones and Smalling are all primarily right footed). I'm not hard up against the guy personally but his injury record nowadays puts him in Jones territory and he should go.
    Don't really care about LCB being left footed. I think it's a concept way overblown but fact is Romagnoli is a good CB and that's why I'm interested in him.

With Skriniar close to signing a new deal with Inter (therefore all but putting him out of reach), Romagnoli is someone I like a lot, if we're not going to get Koulibaly. Like de Ligt, but he seems destined to Barca somehow (still curious as to where all that money comes from btw). Manolas and Alderweireld would still round out the options on the cheaper side (depending on the money available to us).
    We'll see how the backline progresses throughout the remainder of the season but as of now those are the guys we should be looking at if we are still targeting a CB.

19. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ugh, please tell me you aren't talking about Rojo as an actual option? Because he's our only left footed CB.

20. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    He’s the new gatekeeper.

MizzouMUFC and benni... repped this.
  21. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    How many playera from the academy/reserves , do you realistically expect to contribute to the first team over the mexr 3 years?

22. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Iceman is ambidextrous and prefers the LCB role.

23. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh FFS, you're actually doubling down on being wrong.

Are you a gatekeeper sock? Is it because I blocked you and you couldn't get my attention?

You clever bitch.

J'can and benni... repped this.
  24. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Did he say that in an interview?

I would say he is technical and can use his left foot if needed, but he's clearly right dominant.

I've seen him force right foot to make passes, where if he was truly ambidextrous, he would use his left.

25. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    3 years? Greenwood + Tuanzebe certainly. Garner and Laird possibly.

5 years - all of the above.

Chong will get some squad minutes, but nothing significant, and ultimately be sold.

Gomes hasn't shown any significant development the past two years. Given his stature he really needed to add some spikes to his play.

Don't sleep on the youth we have in the academy.