News: Woody’s Roundup - The Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm fine with AWB but I don't think he'll be very successful going forward until we fix our RW. That and I don't understand what it means for Dalot who has flashed potential as a RB. He's not good enough on the ball to play RW.

Deadtigers and jeff070 repped this.
  2. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    What the shit are you on about?

Lindelof played almost every match at LCB. He only switched to RCB when Young form plunged over the deep end at the end of the season. His best performances came at LCB.

I don't know if he's better at LCB or RCB. Shaw is a very good defensive LB, so that could have heavily contributed to his LCB performances being better.

3. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    And Shaw is one of the best dribbling transition backs in the world.

Some of you are dope up on some good ass shit.

4. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

5. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    The shit I'm on about is your logical leap that he was moved from LCB to RCB in order to space out our competent defenders. Don't make shit up.

He switched to RCB as soon as Ole came in, with either Jones or Bailly on the left. He played there for 11 games straight from December to February (excluding Reading in the FA Cup when he was rested) until we lost to PSG. After that Smalling played ahead of Jones and Bailly, which necessitated moving Lindelof back to LCB.

During that spell, Lindelof was not only as effective defensively as he'd become at LCB, but he also was noticeably better at ball carrying and distribution, being on his stronger foot. We all commented on it at the time, he was far more positive and comfortable on the ball.

6. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    By what measure? Would love to see some stats on this.

Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  7. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    One of the ITKs on Reddit mentioned the sell on clause being waived about a week ago. They actually mentioned it as one of several reasons why Matt Judge is likely to be given the boot from his position as chief negotiator.

8. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Futbol_Head repped this.
  9. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would not be mad at Diop at all. I'm beginning to notice a trend of many young, talented French defenders scattered about Germany, Spain, and now England.

Deadtigers and LA. MAN UNITED repped this.
  11. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When does the transfer window close for England?

12. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    45million seeems good value.. Jose raved abt him IIRC, Give Westham Rojo or Jones or both of them and promote Tuanzebe.

Deadtigers repped this.
  13. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    August 8 i think...

14. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is ridiculous!

15. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  16. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    actually that and we've cornered ourselves with this by not trying to replace Valencia until he finally left on a free.

Palace hold all the cards here

Deadtigers repped this.
  17. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s ridiculous because Ed continues to waste time and under bid. It’s also ridiculous because Sky are misreporting the deal. Palace rejected a £35m bid not £50. In the article they insinuate that a bid from £45-50 would be accepted. That’s just shitty ********ing journalism

18. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Get it done quickly you fwxking knob head Ed, and move onto next target ..

19. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018

20. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    What I read was that including clauses and the like, the deal would eventually reach £50mil. Maybe they want it all upfront.

21. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I believe they want it upfront as well, we should just pay the fee and move on to our next target.

Deadtigers repped this.
  22. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Its going to be criminal if we don't add starting caliber players to our midfield this summer. By all accounts, Rabiot, Partey, Ndombele, Bruno, Tielemans, and Lo Celso are all available and for reasonable fees. Any name in that group would walk right into our starting 11.

Deadtigers and Anonymous_United repped this.
  23. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    if that's what he meant sure agreed.

the article also said they rejected £35m + £15m add ons which is still £50m. it said they would likely accept £50m straight cash. there's a clear difference

24. thenamestsam

thenamestsam Member+

Aug 8, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Regardless of the specifics of the rejected offer we're really seeing the limitations of Woody's "Buy English" strategy when Palace are rejecting a bid of anywhere near the reported size for a defense-first RB who nobody had heard of 12 months ago. That's not a knock on AWB who I like a lot, but there's just so much money in the league now that it's completely altered the market. Even 5 years ago Palace would have snapped your hand off at a 35M bid for their own mother. The midtable teams don't have anywhere near the motivation to sell up the table with all the TV money that's in their pockets.

25. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This summer is going to end up a bigger trash fire than the first under Moyes. We're a sinking ship and everyone including our own players know it. DDG, Pogba, and Lukaku are all trying to get out. Meanwhile, Woody has only managed to secure a kid from the Championship when our team is full of holes. We are officially in need of the biggest rebuild in the clubs history and with Woody at the helm, theres an almost zero chance of it being anything other than a catastrophe.