Wondering

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by alexp92, Oct 10, 2007.

1. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    whats the largest away support we've ever taken to a game? probably the world cup, but just about how many?

2. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has to be the US Italy game, and from being there, I estimated about 10 or 12 thousand American fans in the corner where we were.

[​IMG]

3. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    thats all mostly americans? gosh, thats great, wish they would show this on tv more

4. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah it was probably one of the best atmospheres in any American soccer match ever.

And every fan around me was standing and singing, and the entire second half was a blur, I just remember yelling bullsh** more than i have ever yelled it in my life.

5. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    Actually, that picture shows a lot more Italian blue than I remember.

6. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember most of the neutrals along the sidelines were cheering for italy, and there were some annoying italians that somehow got their tickets right in the middle of our allocation. They were annoying, but were very quiet througout most of the match.

7. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    I was thinking the same thing. I only remember a few italians scattered around that area.

If I remember correctly there were more americans to the left of that pic and some pretty large pockets located all around the stadium. What would be to the right of that pic along the sidelines seems like where most of the Italian blue was located.

There was a picture in Soccer America a two page spread that showed a large chunk of that area and it was pretty much all Americans. It was a close enough picture that I was able to find myself.

8. korey

korey New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Lincoln, NE
    Also a lot of US fans wear their blue US jerseys to games