Women's World Cup 2019 Panini Stickers

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by shlj, Apr 4, 2019.

?

Are you collecting stickers for WWC 2019?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2019.
  1. No, and I never did anything alike in my life

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No, but I did in the past for some Men's World Cups

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. No, but I did in the past, not only for Men's World Cup, but for other Women's World Cups also!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, let's swap some stickers!!!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    She is in as nr 8 Miranda NILD,
    Lats name: NILDHAMRONG
    First name: Suchawadee
    Club: UC Berkeley (USA)
    California Golden Bears are the name of athletic teams that represent the University of California, Berkeley.

blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #52 blissett, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Panini general performance at the "guessing game" (not sure how much earlier they had to put the album into production, but for sure we're talking quite some months at the very least):

GROUP A
    France: 16/17
    South Korea: 12/17
    Norway: 17/17
    Nigeria: 15/17

GROUP B
    Germany: 16/17
    China: 12/17
    Spain: 17/17
    South Africa: 13/17

GROUP C
    Australia: 15/17
    Italy: 15/17
    Brazil: 12/17
    Jamaica: 14/17

GROUP D
    England: 16/17
    Scotland: 16/17
    Argentina: 15/17
    Japan:12/17

GROUP E
    Canada: 15/17
    Cameroon: 16/17
    New Zealand: 16/17
    Netherlands: 16/17

GROUP F
    USA: 17/17
    Thailand: 15/17
    Chile: 15/17
    Sweden: 16/17

Only three "perfect predictions": Norway, Spain and USA. As I had anticipated, Asian teams in general had the worse predictions instead: we have 12 out of 17 for South Korea, China and Japan. Brazil is the other team with the same record, because of Adriana's late injury (of course, in the next week other players could end being critically injured, although we all cross fingers for this not to happen, and it could change things around for Panini predictions also: this is the current situation).

Despite a good number of respectable 16/17 results, the general average of the album doesn't manage to reach 15: it's 14,958333....

Results per groups:
    GROUP A: 15/17
    GROUP B: 14,5/17
    GROUP C: 14/17
    GROUP D: 14,75/17
    GROUP E: 15,75/17
    GROUP F: 15,75/17

Results per confederations:
    AFC (Asia*): 13,2/17
    CAF (Africa): 14,666.../17
    CONCACAF (North America): 15,333.../17
    CONMEBOL (South America): 14/17
    OFC (Oceania): 16/17
    UEFA (Europe): 16,111.../17

* Yes, yes, including Australia... :x3:

AFC are confirmed to be the most difficult confederation to predict: the coaches used to keep their card hidden more than others? Or to try a lot of different players in pre-World Cup tournaments (that's what Japan's Asako Takakura did, for instance)? Or the fault is by Panini's operators, who had a difficult time with sources in Asian languages (most other confederations' info can be accessed in European languages: English, Spanish, French and so on)?

UEFA on the other hand looks like the most reliable confederation, beating even the OFC outlier (just one team, New Zealand! :x3:).

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, this had completely passed over my head: since the first name looked so different, I hadn't noticed the abridged family name and I didn't compare the dates of birth!!! :x3: So, actually a decent 15 out of 17 for Thailand. I hope I can edit my previous general recap post in time, before it expires!

Edit: managed to do that! Phew! Luckily the little difference wasn't going to change the general conclusions. The average remains under 15/17 and AFC remains the worst-predicted confederation. Only real change is Group F catches up with Group E for "best predicted group". :)

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @feyenoordsoccerfan - Please read the mod note at the top of the forum to understand why your posts were deleted. Also, please understand this is your ONLY warning.

5. fatneko19

fatneko19 New Member

DCU
    United States
    May 21, 2019
    But where can we purchase in the US?? Boxes and books on eBay are all internationally based. I’ll be in France in 3 weeks, so I can grab them there, but really want them before!!

blissett repped this.
  6. mzbats

mzbats New Member

Canada
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Call around, I called a number of shops in my area in Canada. A few have them in now but just as of yesterday.
    Last week I ordered mine from eBay from Germany. Worked out to $1.28 a pack/$64 a box....which I’m glad I did because the shops here are selling them at $1.99/$95.

Wish I would have ordered sooner but oh well.
    They will be here for start of WWC.

[emoji2]

blissett repped this.
  7. fatneko19

fatneko19 New Member

DCU
    United States
    May 21, 2019
    Thanks! I was going to order on ebay from Germany, but they will get here by the time I'm in France. Ordering from the Panini site is $50 shipping!

mzbats repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This last-minute swap actually made Panini album's prediction better, since they had the sticker of Poliana but not the one of Fabiana! :geek:

So Brazil advances from a 12/17 (that was the worse record, along with some Asian teams) to 13/17.

This also changes things around quite a bit, because the average of the entire album finally reaches the very round target of 15/17 (from 14, 958...), a very respectable number! :)

Also, the average from Group C passes from 14 to 14,25 (it remains anyway the worst predicted group) and the average of CONMEBOL teams raises to 14,333... (it was 14, but it remains a good 0,333... behind CAF).

sbahnhof repped this.
  9. mzbats

mzbats New Member

Canada
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Sorry Fabiana, but I appreciate that my Panini book is more accurate now. :p

Hopefully this isn’t the start of a Panini curse.
    [emoji1694]

blissett and sbahnhof repped this.
  10. mzbats

mzbats New Member

Canada
    May 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    @blissett not that you need to do more calculations but Chile got a bump to 16/17 I think with Pinilla in.

Well maybe not, if Gutièrrez is in Panini already oops :D

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No, she isn't! :geek:

CHANGES:

Chile:
    15/17 to 16/17

Average of the whole album: 15 to 15,041666...

GROUP F: 15,75 to 16 (now best predicted group alone, was sharing this record with Group E)

CONMEBOL: 14,333... 14,666... (now level with CAF

mzbats repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This last update, while confirming the insertion of Poliana, basically amounts to nothing for the rest: Daiana (who has a sticker) replaces Erika (who hasn't) and this should be a plus, but at the same time Adriana (who was on the album) has to leave her place to Luana (who wasn't there) and this nullify the plus.

So +1 -1 = 0, nothing happens. :coffee: