Women's League in Italy

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by bzygo, Aug 23, 2008.

1. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Some news about the Verona "case": according to the club, the 2 Dutch players and the German GK Preuss has been left home for club management decision, but the Williams and Carro (spanish defender) leaving has been unexpected...Verona denied that there has been problems in paying the players (I remind you that last season some girls who left the club claimed not to have been paid)...at the same time, Bruinenberg on her twitter page claims that Verona didn't respect her contract, thus she decided, in agreement with her agent, to leave the club, so who knows where the truth is ? :unsure:

But soccer, as we all knew, is an unpredictable sport, so in the last Saturday catch-up matches the team, filled with youngsters, got an unexpected win at home against Brescia. Fiorentina thanks and now has a 6-points leading gap, meanwhile the battle for the 2nd place shows 5 clubs within 5 points...and next Saturday schedule has Tavagnacco-Fiorentina, Brescia-Mozzanica and Res Roma-Verona, basically the first 6 clubs in the table against each other...

The results:

Verona - Brescia 2-0 (Giugliano, Nichele)
    Mozzanica - Chieti 3-0 (Locatelli, Pirone, Giacinti)
    Fiorentina - Cuneo 2-0 (2Bonetti)
    Luserna - San Zaccaria 4-3 (OG, 2Pinna, Moretti / Colasuonno, Filippi, Baldini)

Now Fiorentina is leading with 30 points, Brescia and Verona 24, Mozzanica 21, Res Roma 20, Tavagnacco 19.

Highlights:

http://it.violachannel.tv/fw-dettag...a-viola-danza-sul-ghiaccio-del-bozzi-dec.html

debzy repped this.
  2. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sorry to here that hope the situation get clarify at Verona but according to her twitter and instagram account, Paige Williams seems to be in England at the moment....even though she still has Verona player in her bio....by the way both Verona goals were pretty.

ps: Why the reporter keeps calling Giacinti il Panzer?

3. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [QUOTE="debzy, post: 35055810, member: 149192"
    ps: Why the reporter keeps calling Giacinti il Panzer?[/QUOTE]

I suppose because she's a big girl and is able to break through the defense with speed and strength, but IMO it's a silly nickname and, beyond that commentator, I never heard other people call her that way...

Anyway, last Saturday have been played more catch-up matches, Brescia was able to grab a last-minute win vs. Mozzanica, meanwhile Verona vs. Res Roma couldn't repeat the good performance of previous matchday and Tavagnacco (withouth Clelland busy with the NT) couldn't perform a real threat vs. the steamroller Fiorentina.

Brescia - Mozzanica 2-1 (Girelli, Sabatino / Giacinti)
    Res Roma - Verona 3-2 (2Martinovic, Caruso / Ambrosi, Nichele)
    Tavagnacco - Fiorentina 1-4 (Brumana / 2Parisi, Bonetti, Caccamo)

The table after 11 matchdays, half-way the season:
    Fiorentina 33 points
    Brescia 27
    Verona 24
    Res Roma 23
    Mozzanica 21
    Tavagnacco 19
    Cuneo 12
    Como2000 9
    Chieti 7 (2 matches to catch-up)
    San Zaccaria 6 (1 match to catch-up)
    Luserna 6
    Jesina 3 (1 match to catch-up)

Highlights of the matches:

debzy, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  4. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rumors have been confirmed, Brescia signed the Russian NT midfielder Ekaterina Tyryshkina, coming from the Finnish team Nice Fuits. Here's the official announcement from the club website:
    http://www.bresciacalciofemminile.it/news
    I have found a video on youtube with some highlights of the players' skill:

Although I generally mistrust of these "advertising" videos, that show only the ups (and never the downs) of a player, I must admit that, even considering that she's only 20 yo., the girls shows pretty good skills. She's training with the team since a few weeks, but don't knw if she's already eligible to play official SerieA matches.

debzy and blissett repped this.
  5. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can't wait to see Fiorentina in the WCL next season, Tatiana Bonetti neeeds that stage to show all her talent and to ridicule Cabrini:mad:...by FAR the best player in the league not even called:cry::cry:...Looks like Antonio is doing what Bini did with France....betraying against her own nation!
    Thanks for the explanation concerning Giacinti, but I got confused because IL article is supposed to indicate male gender while a female is LA...so the reporter should have called her la panzer isn't it??...Anyway, she's very athletic build but definitely quite far from being called a "tank" so yes Panzer is definitely inappropriate to describe Valentina Giacinti.
    Talking about the Russian, she physically looks imposing and seems to have interesting quality specially her long range passing but she touched the ball at least 3/4 times before to do a pass.....This is something she definitely should work on, in Serie A she will not have all this time to figure out where to give the ball.....

gricio61 repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As an Italian (and Latin) teacher, I can explain this to you. In Italian, when you use a metaphor, you normally accord the article to the gender of the symbol, not to the gender of what the symbol stands for (unless the symbol is a variable name, that can change of gender, as "Leone"/"Leonessa"). So, since "tank", i.e. "carro armato", is a masculine name in Italian (as it is in French, obviously ;)) and Panzer is a type of tank, you always says "il Panzer", with the masculine article, no matter if you're representing a male or a female football player with this image.

I anyway agree that Giacinti doesn't look like a Panzer at all, either literally or thinking at the type of player we use to describe in Italy with that tag.

debzy and gricio61 repped this.
  7. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's funny, when I saw Debzy post, I said to myself "now I have to ask Blissett to answer for me..." , so thanks for the pretty clear explaination !
    Back to the soccer, yesterday in the last but one catch-up match Chieti defeated Jesina 1-0, so that the former reached the 8th place with 10 points, meanwhile the latter remained at the bottom of the table with only 3 points so far.
    The highlights of this match, and of the Res Roma-Verona last Saturday's...some good actions here, and a yellow carded strip-tease too....

8. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks for the explanation @blissett :thumbsup::thumbsup:, yes that goal celebration was exaggerated (it was Melania Martinovic right?) anyway, congratulations to Res Roma for having their best season ever in Serie A .

gricio61 repped this.
  9. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    12th matchday last Saturday: easy wins for Fiorentina, Brescia and Verona, Mozzanica beats Res Roma and overtakes them, bad defeat for Tavagnacco vs. the fighting-for-relegation Luserna.

Fiorentina - Como2000 3-0 (Bartoli, Parisi, Mauro)
    Verona -Jesina 9-0 (3Boattin, 3Giugliano, 2Gabbiadini, Soffia)
    Chieti - Brescia 0-3 (Cernoia, Sabatino, Tyryshkina)
    San Zaccaria - Cuneo 3-3 (Baldini, Tucceri Cimini, Colasuonno / Jannella, Sodini, Nietante)
    Mozzanica - Res Roma 2-0 (OG, Giacinti)
    Luserna - Tavagnacco 4-2 (Mazzucchetti, Puglisi, Vivirito, Moretti / Sardu, Filippozzi)

Catch-up match played today:
    San Zaccaria - Chieti 5-0 (2Baldini, Filippi, Principi, Razzolini)

The table: Fiorentina 36 points, Brescia 30, Verona 27, Mozzanica 24, Res Roma 23, Tavagnacco 19, Cuneo 13, San Zaccaria and Chieti 10, Como2000 and Luserna 9, Jesina 3.

A few highlights:

10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Paige Williams officially signed for Birmingham yesterday. As I said before, she wants to play for England seniors.

gricio61 repped this.
  11. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well that was in the air indeed...I just hope she at least call them (Verona) to announce her departure but if she didn't I will not be that surprised....
    Anyway, here are the players called by Cabrini for the three day stage from February twelve.

Portieri:
    Schroffenegger (Unterland Damen), Gritti (Mozzanica), Tasselli (Sassuolo), Serafino (S.B. Luserna).
    Difensori: Bartoli (Fiorentina), Boattin (AGSM Verona), Salvai (Brescia), Gama (Brescia), Tucceri Cimini (S.Zaccaria), Spinelli (Inter Milano), Linari (Fiorentina), Piacezzi (Cuneo), Di Criscio (AGSM Verona).
    Centrocampisti: Stracchi (Mozzanica), Galli (AGSM Verona), Guagni (Fiorentina), Carissimi (Fiorentina), Cernoia (Brescia), Parisi (Fiorentina), Bonansea (Brescia), Vigilucci (Fiorentina), Fusetti (Como 2000).
    Attaccanti: Giacinti (Mozzanica), Gabbiadini (AGSM Verona), Giugliano (AGSM Verona), Mauro (Fiorentina), Girelli (Brescia), Sabatino (Brescia).

Once again Italy best player by far name still ommitted.... but I'm very surprised to see Chiara Serafino called.
    I completely forgot about her, I didn't even knew Chiara was still playing somewhere...I remember her well at Roma very young many years ago, talented by unpredictable and with a very bad habit to curse (quite a lot) during games....lol.

gricio61 repped this.
  12. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What a crazy game between San Zaccaria and Cuneoo_O:eek:.....SZ showed great team/fighting spirit to comeback from three goals down, however, Cuneo's coach must have been furious with his players after the game......
    Giacinti scored her trademark goal:thumbsup:, but great performance and what goals!! From Giugliano and Boattin, is great to see young Italians (Valentina, Manuela, Lisa etc...) stepping up big :thumbsup:.

gricio61 repped this.
  13. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And it happened again last saturday between Como and Chieti, from 0-3 to 3-3 :eek:..it shows how tough is going to be the relegation battle, 6 teams involved for 4 spots (2 directly and 2 out of play-outs), luckily should be last year of this madness...
    Easy wins for Fiorentina and Brescia (with a very beautiful Mele goal), meanwhile Verona draws vs. Tavagnacco and now has a 5-points gap to catch-up for the CL spot, not an easy task...
    Congratulation to Valentina Giacinti for her 100th goal in Serie A ! :thumbsup:

Brescia - San Zaccaria 6-2 (Sabatino, Girelli, Fuselli, Bonansea, Mele, Cernoia / Baldini, Venturini)
    Jesina - Fiorentina 0-5 (2Bonetti, Mauro, Parisi, Salvatori Rinaldi)
    Tavagnacco - Verona 2-2 (Paroni, Frizza / 2Gabbiadini)
    Como2000 - Chieti 3-3 (2Cambiaghi, Fusetti/Marinelli, Di Bari, Green)
    Cuneo - Mozzanica 1-1 (Mascarello / Giacinti)
    Res Roma - Luserna 4-2 (Caruso, Simonetti, Coluccini, Greggi / Mazzucchetti, Vivirito)

The table:
    Fiorentina 39
    Brescia 33
    Verona 28
    Res Roma 26
    Mozzanica 25
    Tavagnacco 20
    Cuneo 14
    Chieti 11
    San Zaccaria, Como2000 10
    Luserna 9
    Jesina 3

The highlights:

debzy, Bauser and blissett repped this.
  14. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    That surface though.. :eek: Wonder if you can grow potatoes there.

gricio61 and debzy repped this.
  15. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This reminds me of some pitch in the nineties early two thousand....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...some were like being at Roland-Garros but playing football...:speechless:

Anyway, indeed great what a goal from Mele!! But I also like Bonansea's one and congratulations to Giacinti, 100 goal at 23 years old is a great achievement:thumbsup:.

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Preuss and Bruinenberg have just signed for Sundwerland in the FA WSL

gricio61 repped this.
  17. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    First Williams now this:rolleyes:...Now we can be sure if Verona doesn't complain about the departures they were/are in wrong....which would means what Preuss was saying is probaby true.

gricio61 repped this.
  18. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And today Marta Carro too announced on Instagram the decision to leave Verona (although I think she went back to Spain a while ago), claiming that "a long-time not regular situation" made impossible for her to keep playing in the club....
    Not surprisingly Verona has been pummelled 5-0 at home by Fiorentina last saturday (although on the first 2 goals there have been some right complaints) and now there is a 8 points gap from the 2nd place, with only 8 gamedays in hand...at this time I think that the 2 CL spots are more or less clinched..
    On the other hand, the relegation battle is tougher than ever, only Jesina has already a foot (and half) in SerieB so far.
    Last news before the usual statistics and highlights, Lisa Alborghetti left Cyprus and signed for Mozzanica for the last part of the season, already playing on Saturday in their winning match.

Verona - Fiorentina 0-5 (2Linari, Mauro, Parisi, Caccamo)
    Brescia - Res Roma 3-0 (2Girelli, Sabatino)
    Mozzanica - Jesina 2-0 (Baldi, Pirone)
    San Zaccaria - Tavagnacco 2-2 (Baldini, Colasuonno / Brumana, Paroni)
    Luserna - Como 2000 1-2 (Cama / Ambrosetti, Gritti)
    Chieti - Cuneo 1-2 (Di Camillo / Sodini, Jannella)...Sodini goal after 14 seconds...

The table:
    Fiorentina 42 points
    Brescia 36
    Verona and Mozzanica 28
    Res Roma 26
    Tavagnacco 21
    Cuneo 17
    Como 2000 13
    San Zaccaria, Chieti 11
    Luserna 9
    Jesina 3

blissett repped this.
  19. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The highlights:

20. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What amaze me on Sodini's goal is the build -up, they touched the ball nine times before scoring, Sodini three times, five players were involved, even though Sodini did the perfect run, the the player who made the long pass made the difference as her pass cut out the opposition midfield leaving their defense completely unprepared....
    Excellent collective movement who without any doubt will be copied by many soon....It always great to see something created during training well executed (and working) in games.... Kudos to all:thumbsup:.
    What annoys me on Verona's departure saga is the fact that knowing the football's world now it will be harder for Italian clubs (Fiorentina aside) to recruit talented players......There is nothing that professional footballers hate more than insolvent clubs and a league who doesn't punish them.....
    Well I have nothing against Verona players, for me Gabbiadini is one of the very best European player of her generation, but after what happened I'm glad they loss....Anyway, great goal from Parisi but what happened to Thalmann and Verona coach? Hope Gaelle is alright.

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  21. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    100% about the Verona saga, it will hurts all the movement in a phase in which looks like that the general interest about wo. so. here is slowing increasing...let's hope that the players and the agents abroad will be able to distinguish the trustworth clubs from the not-so trusthwort ones....and speaking of HOPE, see who was at last Fiorentina match last Saturday !
    http://www.calciofemminileitaliano....complimenti-hope-solo-alla-fiorentina-womens/

About Thalmann, she played in spite of a strong flu, and during the 2nd half she lost consciousness: big dread at the moment, but she promptly recovered and now she's again 100% fit...and the Verona coach, Renato Longega, as can be seen from the video, went into the pitch during the match complaining against the referee for the PK and was red-carded (as happens to him at least 4-5 times during each season, he's for sure one of the most penalized trainers in SerieA).

22. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Last Saturday matches results:

Res Roma - San Zaccaria 0-0
    Tavagnacco - Mozzanica 2-1 (2Clelland / Pellegrinelli)
    Fiorentina - Chieti 6-0 (2Bonetti, Linari, Caccamo, Salvatori Rinaldi, OG)
    Como 2000 - Verona 1-1 (Previtali / Gabbiadini)
    Cuneo - Brescia 1-4 (Iannella / Tyryshkina, Tarenzi, Bonansea, Sabatino)
    Jesina - Luserna 2-2 (2Polli / 2Pinna)

The table for the first places:
    Fiorentina 45
    Brescia 39
    Verona 29
    Mozzanica 28
    Res Roma 27
    Tavagnacco 24

Highlights:

23. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Last Saturday SerieA, after the break for the Cyprus Cup, re-started with a shock result: Fiorentina, after 15 wins in a row, ended its invincibility at Mozzanica, allowing Brescia to cut in half the 6-points gap they had since...and in two weeks there is a Brescia-Fiorentina that could decide all the season.
    For the relegation battle, Jesina aside, all is yet to decide, actually now even Tavagnacco run the risk to be dragged into the fight...

The results:

Mozzanica - Fiorentina 1-0 (Scarpellini)
    Brescia - Jesina 4-0 (2Sabatino, Tarenzi, Bonansea)
    Cuneo - Tavagnacco 2-1 (Sodini, Mellano / Brumana)
    Chieti - Res Roma 1-2 (Innerhuber / Simonetti, Nagni)
    San Zaccaria - Como2000 3-1 (2Cimatti, Principi / Coppola)
    Luserna - Verona 1-1 (Barbieri / Boattin)

The table:
    Fiorentina 45 points
    Brescia 42
    Mozzanica 31
    Verona and Res Roma 30
    Tavagnacco 24
    Cuneo 20
    San Zaccaria 15
    Como2000 14
    Luserna and Chieti 11
    Jesina 4

A few highlights:

debzy, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  24. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks for the highlights as usual:thumbsup:, I'm stil pretty sure Fiorentina will win the league but I wonder if Della Valle is planning to reinforce his team with top quality foreigners for next WCL, team is good enough for serie A but need better attacking partners for Bonetti in Europe.

gricio61 repped this.
  25. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Waiting for the big match Brescia - Fiorentina, no surprises in the last matchday:

Tavagnacco - Brescia 1-3 (Camporese / 2Bonansea, Girelli)
    Fiorentina - Luserna 6-0 (2Bonetti, Mauro, Zazzera, Adami, OG)
    Verona - Chieti 4-2 (2Giugliano, Piemonte, Boattin / OG, Riboldi)
    Res Roma - Cuneo 1-1 (Martinovic / Iannella)
    Como2000 - Mozzanica 0-4 (Pirone, Alborghetti, Scarpellini, Giacinti)
    Jesina - San Zaccaria 1-2 (Zambonelli / Principi, Venturini)

The table:
    Fiorentina 48
    Brescia 45
    Mozzanica 34
    Verona 33
    Res Roma 31
    Tavagnacco 24
    Cuneo 21
    San Zaccaria 18
    Como 2000 14
    Chieti e Luserna 11
    Jesina 4

Highlights: