WNY Flash relieves General Manager Henrik Ambarchian of duties.

Discussion in 'Western New York Flash' started by Nacional Tijuana, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just saw this on my twitter feed from @WPScomm. Wasn't aware anything was going on.

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeff DiVeronica @RocDevo has been giving the Flash good coverage in the Rochester paper/online. Wonder if his blog will give some info on that (or just ask him via twitter)

3. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Odd timing, unknown circumstances, and no info in the press release. That never looks good so I hope some information is forthcoming soon, even if it's the tried and true "the organization decided to go another direction."

Everything else surrounding this organization has been so positive.

5. SoccerDad00

SoccerDad00 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Thats a surprise, he basically ran Sahlens sports complex in Elma NY as well. Wonder what happened?

6. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    well, some sources say Relieved and others say Fired. but one thing Joe just became team GM...just like Fitz. As noted, MJ got the best business model in the wps. University handles everything for FREE, and MJ just has to house and pay players. Just looks like a consolidation move.

As we've seen, cutting front offices doesnt' take anything away from playing field, kills off a lot of the marketing. maybe continued consolidation is needed to make it to next yr.

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. SoccerDad00

SoccerDad00 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Anyone hear what going on with Henrik's youth soccer league {Buffalo Soccer Association} ? They have always played and trained at Sahlens, I am sure after his firing he will be taking his teams elsewhere.

9. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I did some research to try to track down the source of the false "Sahlen as replacement GM" rumor. From the posting times indicated by Google, my guess is that the misinformation originated with the National Soccer Wire. There is no author's name listed in their June 1 article, but it seems that whoever it was reported their opinion as news. And, then whoever wrote the AP article (which also had no author listed) incorporated the misinformation into that article.