Wizards/Sporting Alumni v9.1 [R for all games]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Aug 30, 2009.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    At this point? I have no interest in yesterday's greatest hits. I might listen to the pitch if Sapong was available, but the core of our team is starting to age. The last thing we need to do is start bringing back former players who likely 1) won't be cheap or 2) won't help the age problem.

Buy low, sell high. Neither Bunbury or Kamara are in a "buy low" category. If Kamara wanted to join the coaching staff, I'd be more interested.

2. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Andy is spot on.

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If we didn't have to pay a lot for him, I might be interested in Uri. His career appears to have returned to the holding pattern we rescued him from the first time.

Sanchez is doing a great job, but I'm afraid Vermes is going to kill him with the workload. It would be good to have an alternative other than Mustivar - whose form has collapsed over the last year.

4. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that we need a CB ... but I bet Uri would be a great CB. Has the height, and I believe that's the position he played at Barca B ... prior to coming to SKC. Only suggesting it to get him and Illie on the field at the same time.

5. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Kempin's defenders didn't do him any favors at the start tonight.

6. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    3 past him. This is unwatchable.

7. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what happened to Connor Hallisey? As a first round and #10 pick in the draft, you would think that after he left SKC he would have landed somewhere in the soccer world, but he seems to have disappeared.

8. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    He's VP at Accelerate Sports Investment in Berkeley

Here

[EDIT] Forgot to add his picture

[​IMG]

mschofield repped this.
  9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surprised he didn't try to land somewhere in the USL, but good for him.

mschofield repped this.
  10. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it looks like he landed on his feet at his old stomping grounds in Berkeley. Good for him.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    400K to Columbus for Nemeth by New England.

12. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    At this point, I'm rooting for Nemeth to have an absolutely horrible rest of the season and then New England offload him to us in the offseason on the super cheap.

Also, somewhat surprised that Kei made it through the summer transfer window without going anywhere. He would have been one of my top bets for an interleague trade.

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except Kei's reputation now is hurting him again after his dust up in Columbus and his comments recently in NE

vividox repped this.
  14. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Sure, but he's still a proven goal scorer and there are a lot of teams trying to make that late season push. Either Kei has effectively black-listed himself with his comments, or New England disagrees with how much it devalues him.

15. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm, Dom is really starting to feel the heat in Orlando since he's been shooting blanks ever since he arrived. But you can't totally fault him for the performance because the rest of the team has not played that well either.

16. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    ... then he goes and scores the first hat trick of his career against Orlando.

IASocFan repped this.
  17. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dom finally started earning his pay with 2 goals in front of 70,000 screaming fans in Atlanta. That was a great game to watch. Very entertaining.

Blando13, vividox and IASocFan repped this.
  18. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Collin was present, but not dressed for NY as they played in the USOC Final on Wednesday.

:p

19. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But now this.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...p-orlando-city-cyle-larin-1026-story,amp.html

Toward the middle of the article, he's mentioned with a fair deal of uncertainty about his future with Orlando.

I'd say thanks for the funny money except we're not spending it...:mad:

20. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    vividox and mschofield repped this.
  21. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We have to though, right? isn't that the point of TAM and GAM and SLAM and whatnot, it can only be spent on players. to be fair to them, they only had a couple days after getting it to bring in someone/
    This is going to be a year when some familiar faces say goodbye

22. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With a new manager, new direction, Kei or Nemeth or Bunbury (or...) will be in a "buy lowish" sort of situation.
    We could use a bit of experience on that front line, esp as we're gambling that the sophomore slump doesn't hit (i include rubio) at all three positions..

23. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I don't have any desire to revisit the past. We've got the entire world's soccer pool to choose from and we want to return to guys who've had ups and downs and varying degrees of success in MLS? Why? Other teams are signing guys like Almiron and Nikolic. Let's try that instead.

AndyMead, Blando13, KCFutbol and 2 others repped this.
  24. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Okay, so the top young attacking talent that is still affordable enough for us from SA right now would include folks such as Vizen of Brazil, Medina of Para, Sandoval of Peru. and Ceter and Brayan Angalo of Col.
    These are the sorts of players in the Almiron mold, and they are get-able, though not without a lot of effort (but we have some cash). All would be interesting types, but how are they different from Salloi, Blessing and Rubio? It seems to me that we have young promising attacking talent (though a Benny replacement appears to be needed). What we need is someone with experience who can lead a young line, and it would be great if that player could be counted on to score big goals.
    Maybe revisiting the past is (as always) a questionable tactic. Maybe we should be looking at leaving Kei and Nemeth alone, and poaching Agudelo.
    Or maybe we go back the Barca B well and see if we can prise away someone like Choco Lozano, a Honduran who doesn't look to ever break through to Barca A (or the first in spain with anyone), but has scored in buckets in the second division, and is now 24 and might be willing to move before he's considered an old B player.
    But a makeover seems to be coming.

25. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The difference is sheer talent. And that difference is huge considering Blessing was signed for $74k and Almiron was signed for $1.9M.

When we signed Blessing, no one was saying "oh man, this guy is going to light up MLS". In fact, people questioned whether he'd be able to do anything at all based on his size and MLS's physicality. Compare that to signings like Almiron and Villalba, who were being talked up by the entire league before a single game was played.

Vermes signs guys like Salloi, Blessing, and Rubio to play the world soccer market. We're good at developing them to the next level and making a profit on them upon transfer. Our problem right now is our entire front line is a development project, and we need a difference maker.

mschofield repped this.