wishful, wishful thinking!!!!

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Footie Man, Aug 24, 2002.

1. A few weeks ago, I saw my first W-League game, the championship, on TV. A few minutes ago, I was surfing the WPSL's site, because I'm originally from out west where the W-league doesn't operate. I noticed I have several old acquaintances on the Storm and the Elk Grove Pride. This started me on a mad chase of windmills, dreaming that Fox might some day also give TV time to the WPSL. I've only seen one game in that league (Vancouver at SDWFC a couple years back), but I just loved it! I wish its championship would be televised too(unless it has and I just havent noticed)! Hell, while I'm chasing windmills, hey Fox---how about a Fox Women's Soccer channel?! USWNT, WPSL, W-League, WUSA, U-19's and on and on!! Gee, dreaming is fun! lol

2. FreedomFan526

FreedomFan526 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Virginia
    Great idea. You know what all of us are going to start dreaming about now. Womens soccer all the time - Too good to be true.

3. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As the WUSA becomes more popular the chances of W-League games being picked up and shown on Fox Sports World, or other chs, increases.

The A-League was almost unknown on TV until the third year of the MLS and then games began to appear until this year when there is an A-League game each week on FSW.

This same pattern will, hopefully, apply to the WUSA and the W-League.

While a "women's" soccer channel is, mostly, out of the question, a Fox soccer ch is not. FSW has a lot of games both live and delayed already from all over and the A-League, W-League, and the minor and youth international tournaments could fill a schedule quite well even without the addition of the MLS and WUSA.

We can but dream but it is not near as much a pipe dream as it was ten years ago or even three.

4. Absolutely. But even though the WPSL is seen my many as an equal to the W-League (I initially thought it was supopsed to be a D III league), due to the fact that it supposedly started with teams that seceded from the W-league, it still seems that recognition of the WPSL lags significantly behind the W-League. Therefore, I feel like the W-League is going to start steamrolling waaaaaay before the WPSL does in TV attention.